Ibis Montelimar Nord(Saulce-sur-Rhone)
US$70
Les Alizes Hotel(Le Pouzin)
US$62
Lemon Hotel(Saulce-sur-Rhone)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsartdreamgardenfranceguestschateau
Reviewed July 27, 2017

We stayed here for a night on the way from Switzerland to southern France. It is a beautiful old chateau in a lovely rural setting. We had a warm welcome, very helpful hosts, and a good breakfast to send us on our way. Would recommend it and would stay again. Many thanks.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Eric D, Propriétaire at Chateau de Fontblachere, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Thanks for your comments! It is nice to be appreciated for all the attention we try to give to our guests and sharing a part of my life in this wonderful and peacefull place I love so much also . Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 27, 2017

The chateau is a beautiful mix of history and art. It's located on a hill top (magnificent views !) in a natural and very quiet environment. Large swimming pool, extended breakfast and a warm welcome by Eric and Bernard, the owners.

The apartment is not expensive but has everything (for example a well-equipped kitchen with freezer, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove oven ...) for a memorable staying in a remarkable setting.

Ideal for people who don't like big anonymous hotels and are looking for the French way of living.

Annick, Frank and Arwen (Belgium)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for this nice review of the petite maison and of your week stay here. I am glad you had such a pleasant time with your daughter since I spent my winter vacations this year to put a new kitchen, new floor and relook the decoration of that appartment . I love it too and next winter I will create a new painting espacially for it to add my final touch! Hope to see you again! Eric

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

With friends we stopped there for â night...the place is ravishing and we felt out of the world.
Nice for a pause or to discover the area.
The hosts were very warm and friendly.
The breakfeast in the garden is â delight.
Don't forget to move the turtle ;-)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2016

Open the little door in the impressive arched entrance and it’s like travelling into another world. The sunny courtyard has flowers everywhere, with tables, chairs and a relaxing lounge area.
The lovely old house has old worn stone steps and terracotta tiles, airy rooms and period features. It's been sympathetically restored and extended over the years.
Outside are terraces with sun loungers, a carp pond, a tennis court and good size heated pool. Stunning views across the valley appear at every corner.
Eric, Bernard and Patrick couldn’t have been nicer or more gracious hosts. Sitting down for dinner with them in the evening was a delight. It felt much more as if dining with friends than staying in a B&B.
I'm sorry this sounds a bit like a travel brochure. But I expect you get the impression we liked it.
We only stayed one night. But there’s always next year…

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Eric D, Propriétaire at Chateau de Fontblachere, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Thanks so much for this nice comments. I am glad that it feel the way I wished it should feel ! Just like that : you are at home in my home !
I enjoy sharing my travels "little treasures " that I found in all the countries where I work as an architect , but also sharing my artworks since i am also a painter and will be even more when I will have time to work regularly on it and at last sharing a diner with you when it is the day I cook for my guests!
Hope to see you again!
Eric

Reviewed August 30, 2015

Lovingly restored 15 Century house with beautiful views, charming rooms and delightful hosts. Many beautiful objets d'art carefully scattered around the house including many paintings by one of the owners. Fantastic swimming pool complex with kitchen and showers. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family