“My home in chitwan...”
Review of Hotel Parkside

Hotel Parkside
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Sauraha
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This is my 2nd time fo visiting to chitwan. Before coming here ,I do not to book or plan anything. I just send an e- mail to my parkside family and everything is on way. This guys are totally perfect. You may find various things as safari, relaxing, elephant safari ; bird watching and vice versa. You do not need to spend time on center for talking and deciding.

They are also working for volunteer education and health.. This is totally perfect and they are very good at their job. Kind , wise and helpful people.

Yes visit.chitwan for good and relax holiday but visit parkside in order to meet perfect friends.

Finally , you are my second family.. sisilia &shiri and my honey salva...:))

I will be back in Nepal to see my family... love you allll

Cheers
Ernur

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2017

For parts of three days this February we stayed at this hotel near Chitwan National Park. We had arranged ahead of time for a guide, Gopal, that my daughter had used before. In the two days of outings we saw the Elephant Breeding center, rode an elephant, canoed through part of the park,hiked the jungle and throughout was delighted by our guide Gopal's knowledge of the area and the variety of birds and animals he pointed out, including 2 pairs of rhinos and 2 more individual rhinos using the river to cool off. Our overall experience was exceptional. We enjoyed the convenience of being able to eat at the hotel as our days were well filled with activities. I would recommend the hotel for anyone wanting to visit Chitwan Park and especially our guide Gopal.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I came here with some friends and my boyfriend. On the way in Chitwan you will see people riding elephants and guiding them. Some are decorated with paint they look so beautiful. The hotel looked gorgeous and massive when we arrived. We were greeted and went to the restaurant upstairs straight away and had a drink. Friendly service and the layout is great. Walking over to our rooms and to hear crickets and the birds was like music to my ears. Outside the room there is almost like a patio and courtyard which is beautiful and some staff sat down talking away nice and pleasant. On the other side we could see animals from the window this was so visually appealing. The rooms were massive with a kitchen and appliances to cook. Used the living room as a predrinking session which we introduced our Nepali friends to and the bedroom was really spacious with good amount of storage and comfortable beds. Room view was so pretty as well. Toilet and shower were well and easy to use. Luxurious shower with warm water. Very clean hotel. Couldn't be happier this was definitely our best looking hotel and comfortable during our stay in Nepal. We also did plenty of activities such as elephant back safari, going through the jungle, visiting the elephant breeding centre and getting on the wooden boats canoeing. This was plenty of fun and a wonderful magical experience. Anyone and everyone will fall in love with the animals and this type of visit is perfect for everyone. In addition, we got to see a cultural performance which was women dancing and men using different types of sticks, drums and so on and performing dances. At the end we went to the stage and joined in. I would love to go back and stay longer in this place. There is so much to do and I loved my experience here. We got to see Chitwan whilst it was boiling hot as well as monsoon type of rain so a great varied experience. Definitely recommend to everyone to see atleast once if not a million.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I really, truly, deep-down loved my stay here. I've been traveling for 7 months straight, so it's easy for experiences to blend together. But this place and the people who inhabit it really stand out in my mind. Right from the moment I arrived they were extremely hospitable. I became friends with a volunteer who had been working on the property for a few weeks (Merjin) and he introduced me to all the staff members. We had a going away party (which included a big, home-cooked dinner) on his "last night" but then he ended up coming back for a night due to some road repairs so we all went to the local watering hole (The Lion's Den) for live music and dancing. SO SWEATY AND SO SO SO FUN. Once Merjin left, I felt like a part of the family. Staff made sure to include me in as many activities as possible and I ended up doing a Jeep safari as well as a cultural tour (on top of some excursions that were free!)

It was also the NICEST ROOM EVER. It was so comfortable, and it looked out on a rice paddy. The sounds of the frogs and crickets at night made my heart sing! I could also see an elephant grazing in its paddock when I was laying in my bed in the afternoon. And it had a bathtub! Such a wonderful stay. Big shout out to Hom (mah mannnn) and Depender for their hospitality. So much love for this place, and I hope to be back one day.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the building that looks out on the rice paddies
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

After 2 weeks in this hotel I can definetly say I will come back to this wonderful place. The rooms are provided with every comfort, the food of the restaurant is delicious and the staff is lovely and provide high quality service.

The safari guides are the best in Chitwan (more sources say so). Ask for Gopal from Nepal. They offer very affordable packages on their website. Might be the best option.

The hotel is a family business, meaning that the whole family lives just behind the hotel. This makes it even more engaging.

I will be back soon to this great place of relax, fun and love...

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
HotelParkside, Owner at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Namaste Marijm Pronker

Thank you so much for your quality time with us and every moments of your time in chitwan with us are precious and importance for us.You did great job to make us and we are always ready help and give best service to all who ever come to our place,your great afford to our social project also help to society.

We Miss You

Hotel Park Side
Family and Team

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Parkside for 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay. We felt very welcome from the moment we got there. We did all of our excursions through them and couldn't have asked for better guides! We did the Jungle Walk, Canoe your, elephant bath, and the Jeep Safari. Our guide for the Jeep Safari and the canoe ride was Gopal and he did a fantastic job! He could point out so many animals and birds it was incredible. We saw rhinos, monkeys, sloth bear, wild boar and countless beautiful birds. The hotel staff was very nice and the accommodations were clean and the food was good. Would stay there again in a heartbeat if we ever return to Chitwan.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelParkside, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful stay at Hotel Parkside and had awesome trip at chitwan national park and we alway trying to give best service during your stay with us.We hope that we alway provide our best of us,we will alway miss you.

Hotel Park Side

Reviewed 29 May 2017

we stayed here in April 2017 and had an amazing time .. the accommodation and beds were amazing! Gopal our guid was the best he knew all the birds he wrote down over 45 bird species we saw he knowledge and eye sight was amazing! any twitcher can't go wrong .. we hired our own jeep for the park and saw rhino bears crocodiles unfortunately no tiger :) lovely part of Nepal vey peaceful an within short walk of the town centre

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauraha
0.9 km away
0 km away
Hotel Wildlife Camp
Hotel Wildlife Camp
#10 of 12 in Sauraha

Been to Hotel Parkside? Share your experiences!