“Very impressed!”

Back Country Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Dwight
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Back Country Tours is one of Canada’s leading year-round Adventure Tourism companies and by far the largest and most reputable in snowmobile, ATV & Jet Ski rentals and tours in the Muskoka/Haliburton region. Rentals & Tours range from 1 hour to multiple day Adventures on the Beautiful Canadian Shield.
Reviewed 27 November 2014 via mobile

Rented snowmobiles from Back Country last year. Had a great time. New Sleds (2014) were provided. Kim, who took care of our reservation was fantastic. Very friendly, honest and knowledgable.
We rented 2 sleds for the day. The machines were great but we ran into some mechanical issues (2 Blown drive belts) I contacted Kim the next day about our issue and she quickly refunded us $50 each on snowmobile.

All in all...very good experience. good machines, very fair service and Kim always responded to my Emails within mins.

Strongly recommend the experience!

1  Thank Wes K
There are newer reviews for Back Country Tours

Reviewed 26 October 2014

I was looking for something fun and challenging for a staff retreat. This was definitely it! All the boys had a blast from start to finish! Challenging, fun, energy filled, and laughs! Doesn't get any better! Kim was an amazing guide that made it even better!

1  Thank Shawn2006
Reviewed 19 October 2014

We were bunch of city boys looking for a unique bachelor party, and were lucky enough to come across the Back Country Tours ‘ATV camping trip’ online.

It was our first time ATVing (for the most part) and we had no idea what to expect. Our guide was 'the best' I have ever, ever had and was incredibly empowering, fun, hard-working and professional. The ATVing was incredible to say the least, as the trails were incredibly challenging and definitely pushed us out of our comfort zone. However, at no point during our trip did we feel unsafe as a result of our guide, who never allowed us to do anything beyond our abilities. She knew our limits better than we did! It rained for two days straight and we thought this would hamper the experience, however, during a trip of this nature, the climate didn’t get in the way. Actually, the weather made the experience BETTER overall. This trip was worth every penny, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Some of the guys on the trip are actually thinking about getting ATVs as a result of the trip. Thank you backcountry tours team!

If you think I work for Back Country Tours and don't believe me, here is a video I made of our excursion should prove what I am saying: https://vimeo.com/m/107389146

1  Thank tripsarefun23
Reviewed 15 September 2014

My girlfriend and I went atving with back country tours this past weekend. We had Kim as our tour guide, she was VERY good to us, set us up with a RV for the night on a beautiful breath-taking private lake-side property. Listen I myself have been to alot of different trails around Ontario, and I must say this is definitley going to be my number one choice to suggest to people, My girlfriend and I had a blast this weekend. Kim took us to some of the most intense trails, from extreme Mud Swamps, Rocks, to even rinding into parts of lakes. We both would like to thank Kim for being such an awesome tour guide to us, we will definitley be coming back in the future!!!

2  Thank Steven P
Reviewed 5 September 2014

My girlfriend and I went ATV for the first time with Back Country Tours, had a fantastic time with our guide (Kim), she made us both feel very comfortable on the trails knowing it was our first time. The company was also great with getting us an appointment quite last minute (we book about a day in advance).

Overall great experience and highly recommended, only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is that we were promised to receive photos from our experience (about a month ago at the time of this writing) but ultimately never did (will update this should this change).