“Awesome way to hit the trails!”
Review of Back Country Tours

Back Country Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Dwight
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Back Country Tours is one of Canada’s leading year-round Adventure Tourism companies and by far the largest and most reputable in snowmobile, ATV & Jet Ski rentals and tours in the Muskoka/Haliburton region. Rentals & Tours range from 1 hour to multiple day Adventures on the Beautiful Canadian Shield.
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

We had 3 rentals for a weekend sled trip. Our rentals were just as nice or better than the sleds our buddies owned. It was so simple having sleds arrive right to our door step and just leaving them at the end of our trip.
Don't be fooled by how easy going Kim and the staff are, they have the rental system perfected.
Thanks for getting us out on the trails!
Rob

There are newer reviews for Back Country Tours

Reviewed 2 March 2015 via mobile

I surprised my husband with a snowmobile trip for our anniversary.5 years so I wanted it to be amazing.Well we weren't let down the staff was Amazing were not very experienced snowmobile riders and they had an amazing practise course and answered any questions we had. We had no equipment helmets or snowmobile suits and Backcountry Tours provided us with it all. Kim was such a helpful person and she even took $20 of each sled rental because it was our anniversary! Such a sweetheart. The machines worked wonderfully we didn't have a moments problem with either of them. I will definatly be coming back to Backcountry Tours for an ATV experience as well as a Jet Ski experience I am very excited to book with them again.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

We have rented twice this year and plan another trip in March! We dealt with Kim at Back Country Tours who went above and beyond to make sure that we were well informed on all aspects of the skidoo. She went in great lengths to go over the aspects of the skidoo to ensure that we would have a safe and enjoyable trip. She provided us with places that we could stop to warm up and grab a bite to eat, trail maps and her personal favourite sites to see. Booking with her was delightful. Having never ridden in the area, she offered us her personal cell number to reassure us she could be reached in a moment's notice. We actually did give her a ring at one point of our journey just to make sure that we were still on track to our destination. Sure enough, she answered her cell right away! We described where we were and she reassured us that we were on track. It was a great comfort for this newbie on the trials. I highly recommend renting with Back Country Tours, and more importantly, dealing with Kim.
Best regards to all readers,
Rose

1  Thank rosedale6366
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Wanted to rent a 2 seater skidoo for Feb 17. Went to book in January, they first said they didn't have a 2 seater but I should rent 2 -1 seaters. I said no, and they said then they could get me a 2 seater but would cost an extra $150 or so to bring it from Dorset to Haliburton. I told them no thanks, within a few hours they phoned back to say they had a machine for me. I booked it. Although their website mentions discount if you stay at Bonnie View, they didn't mention it, and I was too fed up to bother arguing about this too.
When I inquired about clothing/helmets, etc. they told me they didn't have a great supply of skidoo suits or mittens, etc., so to provide my own would be way better (although their website says they provide it all).
3 days before the rental (after booking hotels in Haliburton, etc.) they EMAILED me to let me know they had no machine available after all, despite taking my deposit of $140 in early January. Still waiting to get my deposit back despite hearing from them over a week ago that they had no skidoo for us.
We ended up renting from Harper's (luckily they were able to provide a sled last minute), and they were terrific to deal with..

1  Thank Melanie B
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Wife and I booked a full day rental with Stephanie few weeks ago. As it was our first time ever to try snowmobilling Stephanie made sure to explain and teach us all the ropes of operating and handling the machine. Thank you Stephanie for that. Very nice ladies and knowledgeble of machines and trails. It was amazing experience. We will be back shortly enough. Once again thank you Ladies, for a 5 star service.

Luni and Karolina