Oxtongue River-Ragged Falls Provincial Park
Review Highlights
Well worth the visit

Pay the $5.75 for 2 hours of parking, walk the short distance through some mucky patches, and... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Linda L
North Vancouver, Canada
via mobile
Nice place to spend an hour

My wife and I spent an hour walking the rapids. It was challenging in places, but well worth it. We... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Terry R
via mobile

All reviews short hike on the rocks fairly easy hike provincial park fence rapids algonquin paddle trail nature roots bend wipes scenery parts snow safety
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Easy walk from the parking lot right on HWY 60. Walking this trial will provide you with views of rapids and a waterfall.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

This was my second visit to this park and the views are great. The trail is a little rugged but not hard and not long. Just watch your steps from a lot of tree roots and rocks.
Once at the top its quite relaxing just to sit by the river and take in the sights.
When there I did get a little worried as I saw some visitors climb rocks near the falls on the west side opposite the trail. I mean its quite a drop at the top and that water is moving pretty fast and its powerful.
Besides the majestic falls the forest is quite nice and the trail does continue beyond the falls but it is unmarked and not easy to navigate.

1  Thank grey0wl
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This is not strenuous at all but there us a climb involved but when you reach the top you are rewarded w a stunning view of these beautiful falls. Must do!

1  Thank K S
Reviewed May 23, 2018

The winter had not yet left the park during our visit. A lot of snow and ice made this hike a little dangerous. If you took a wrong step it was into the freezing cold rapids for you because of the icy slopes. But we hiked with care and it was so worth it! Truly beautiful even while some of it was still frozen. I will be returning this summer with my boyfriend and can't wait to see how the falls and trail have changed throughout the spring. I know it will be breathtaking. 10/10 recommend

1  Thank caeleyrobinson
Reviewed May 3, 2018

A short, sweet hike in (even if the gate's closed). It's a picturesque class 4-5 rapid, but the park authority has not troubled to make it readily accessible or viewed from a lookout. A best view would be by canoe from downstream - put in from a crossing at hwy 60 or at Oxtongue lake.

1  Thank Gary K