“Fantastic Cottage with real wow factor”
other travellers have booked this property
Family sized kitchen - with dishwasher and microwave oven
lounge with double doors out onto patio  - for those long summer evenings Second double bedroom with arched window in natural stone wall
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Family sized kitchen - with dishwasher and microwave oven
lounge with double doors out onto patio  - for those long summer evenings
Second double bedroom with arched window in natural stone wall
The main entrance to the cottage - patio with garden furniture
View of Golygfa Preseli in evening sun
Dining area within large kitchen
Table set for tea on arrival!
Kitchen with separate utility room and washing machine
En-suite bedroom
Views out to the Preseli mountains from en-suite bedroom
Bedroom with 2 single beds
Double bedroom with arched window and wooden beams
All interior doors in natural wood
Spacious family bathroom
View of patio area to windmills in the background
View of Golygfa Preseli from roadside on arrival
View of The Preseli Mountains from the cottage
Look after the local birds whilst you are here!
The farm dogs - Harry and Glen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

lynda_min...
Connah's Quay, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Cottage with real wow factor”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We have just returned after a week in the most beautiful cottage you could wish for. It was huge! Every room was spacious and beautifully decorated. It was spotlessly clean. Everything was provided from lovely thick towels to every kitchen utensil you would need. Jan and Iuen were really friendly and came to welcome us. We really appreciated the wine and cakes on arrival. Even the cows were friendly and came to greet us (cow no. 89 is friendliest!). Really large enclosed garden was safe for our 2 dogs who also had a great time. It would be ideal for families with young children as they will have loads of room to run around. Will definitely be going back. Great base to explore all the main places from.

chorleybo...
chorley
“Great barn conversion.”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Have to agree with all previous reviewers, this is a gem of a place, so relaxing, modern, spacious, very friendly owners who live over the road in their farmhouse.
Welcome pack even included a bar of nomnom chocolate, which is made at the chocolate farm less than a mile away, look out the kitchen window to the 2 white flags up the road facing a bungalow, follow that lane for a couple hundred yards, and you arrive. Don't be put off by the old buildings, it is called The Abandoned chocolate factory as it was a few years ago... Extremely friendly young staff who make every effort to explain and show you where they make and hand wrap the bars, its worth just having a look around even if you do not purchase any, but you probably will buy some, the love and lust bars are soo good.
Lamb inn, the village pub does a great Sunday dinner, nothing much to look at this old building, but they know how to make a roast, that beef is so tender, and it does not break the bank either, better booking beforehand, gets busy.
The Spar in the village next to the pub is convenient, St Clears has a selection of shops and takeaways, an easy 7 mile drive. A little further on from there is Laugharne, worth the drive, even has free parking by the river, with the castle looming large before you, and the estuary, no wonder the poet Dylan Thomas lived here and produced a lot of his work, there is a walk "Birthday walk" if that's your thing, very nice with notices of where he would sit and get inspiration for his writing.
All in all a great 2 weeks we spent here, it is a home from home, and will probably sort out any insomnia issues anyone may have, you will sleep well here.
Thanks Jan and Ieuan, will no doubt see you again, I will make sure I bring some Chorley cakes for you to try, though wont be as good as your Welsh cakes!

2 Jul 2017
Hi Chorleyboy. Very many thanks for writing this review. You obviously enjoyed exploring some of what this area has to offer. I have forwarded your comments to NonNom and look forward to trying the Chorley cakes. I will have some more Welsh cakes ready!
Best wishes from Jan and Ieuan
Gareth T
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed 4 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Have been here twice now and am looking forward to our next visit. Such a gorgeous home decorated to a high standard with everything you could ever need.
Such great hosts, who are so friendly and make you feel at home. Lovely welcome gifts including home made cakes and wine.

The location is great with stunning views and you are not far from anywhere.

The dog loves running around the back garden.

We have been spoilt coming here, and look forward to booking again

4 May 2017
Thank you Gareth for taking the time to review your stay at Golygfa Preseli. We are pleased that you, your family and Meg the dog enjoyed your holiday, and look forward to your return. Best wishes from Ieuan and Jan.
Josephine...
“Great facilities”
Reviewed 29 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We had a lovely stay at golygfa preseli, lan farm.

Beautiful views and scenery, greeted with lovely home baked cakes in the kitchen. The facilities were fantastic for my disabled husband, great grandchildren and the dog!

We would happily recommend to anybody.

Thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

30 Mar 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Golygfa Preseli. We are pleased that the cottage was suitable for all four generations of your family, and that you enjoyed meeting with family and friends locally. Best wishes to all of you from Ieuan and Jan
Catherine...
“Not a long enough stay”
Reviewed 9 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Annual family get together with Welsh relatives had us sharing this cottage with my sister, her husband, my niece, my friend and three dogs. What a great choice. So much room that we all relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. The bedrooms are enormous and the beds were very comfy. Enough bathrooms and showers to go around so no queuing! Everything you could need in the kitchen was provided and the gifts of cake and wine didn't last long. The living room was spacious and enough seating for us all to be comfortable. If you can't live without the internet bring your own hotspot device but for us the house Internet was enough for our needs. I had good mobile signal but my sister's wasn't so good so it must depend who your supplier is.
The main thing for me was able to relax with my dogs. On holiday I normally have to be super alert for barking at passing people or on leads for every toilet break they need day and night - this place was like heaven: enclosed safe garden! My dogs were able to run around to their hearts content while I sat and enjoyed the views. They wouldn't make friends with the resident sheepdogs but I wouldn't expect them to. Without my dogs around me I was able to say hello to them and they were delightful, very friendly and affectionate. Wish mine were as well behaved.
The cottage is close enough to many local areas of interest - seas and hill walking. We also went to Narberth Bluestone water park which was enormous fun for adults, I would imagine children would enjoy it immensely.
All in all the best place I have stayed in and plan to stay there every year now.

Claire G
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

September was my second visit this year, and I cant wait to book for next year.
The cottage is amazing. I am a wheelchair user, a ramp is provided, both bathrooms are accessible to me, and I love going up and down the hallway at different points during the day, as the view out of the side windows is constantly changing.
I love the fact that it is very rural, but within a 20 minute drive, you are by a beach, city, or tourist attraction.
I insist on being back at the cottage for dawn and dusk, you have never seen sunsets like it, so clear in front of you. Watching the mist roll over the valleys.
I have taken many a beautiful photo, but still without doing it anywhere near justice.
The owners are wonderful, and the land around, so picturesque.
I cant wait to go back..

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Warm Welcome,Views,comfortable bed, with stunning view ofamorning.....
Liked least: Nothing to dislike.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
28 Sep 2016
Thank you Claire for taking the time to review Golygfa Preseli. I too have tried to photograph the views to put on our website, but I agree - nothing is quite the same as actually being there! We look forward to welcoming you again next year. Best wishes from Ieuan and Jan.
Alex19032...
Valletta, Malta
“Stay at Golygfa Preseli - Lan Farm in Llanboidy”
Reviewed 8 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The lodging is an excellent 3 bedroom ground floor property with 2 bathrooms and a spare toilet. It is set in tranquil and beautiful countryside surroundings. It is impeccably clean and the owners who live opposite the road are so helpful and friendly. Welcoming cake and a bottle of complimentary wine just made our stay more pleasant. The lodging is ideal if one wants to explore Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion regions. Golygfa Preseli just has all the amenities needed for a short and long stay and is truly a first class self catering property.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property was clean and well equipped with all needs
Liked least: The internet was slow
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Sep 2016
Hi Alex. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Golygfa Preseli. We are pleased that you and your family were able to explore West Wales, and then enjoy and relax in the cottage in the evenings. I hope your long journey home was easy. We look forward to maybe seeing you all again. Best wishes
Jan and Ieuan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$121
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing