US$64
US$54
Aquamarine Resort & Villa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$74
Sunprime Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$75
  • Pool
Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$50
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$106
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$54
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$87
Trip.com
Paresa Resort Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$614
US$425
Agoda.com
Andara Resort and Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$808
US$735
Agoda.com
All reviewshappy babykids clubfamily resortkids eat freela tasca restaurantwater slidespaying adultkids buffetmini discokids showskamala beachscoopon dealfamily roomperfect family holidaytable tennislow seasonpool bar
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Lots of activities, well priced. Amazing place for families. Lots of pools and waterslides which my daughter loved. Food and entertainment was great!
Amazing gym and exercise classes for adults.
Only thing I would suggest is make a mixed tape for the pool bar we heard the same songs about sixty times.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank catherine m
Hotel_Spokesperson, Communications Agent at Sunwing Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Dear Catherine m,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write us a feedback.
We are glad that you loved the facilities and activities offered by our resort.
It's such a pleasure hosting you. We would love to have you again very soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

This place is probably a young kids dream resort, 7 pools and lots of activities. Our time here was during the Europeans peak holiday season, which we did not mind as always great to meet and chat to others from around the world. I figure if we had visited in June/July there would have been Aussie's everywhere, happy with that also, just depends on the time of year you travel, as we have been to Phuket in March before and stayed in another resort and similar scenario.
I am not a huge fan of the large resort and we had just come from a small boutique style hotel in Cambodia so this was a change. But when we wanted some quiet time we were able to find a peaceful pool - there are 7 to choose from.
Location was perfect, Kamala beach is perfect for kids and swimming, little if no waves, clean and calm and no seaweed - which my youngest was very happy about.
One of my kids also go sick but the good thing about a big resort they had a medical office in the adjoining resort SunPrime which was very helpful and this was communicated to us quite easily by the front office staff, who we found very helpful and easy to understand, no communication issues.
The housekeeping staff were very helpful when we needed to get sheets, doonas changed etc due to sick child.
We only dined at the resort for breakfast as we like to explore the local restaurants, we found breakfast to be good, great selections, always able to get a table and I like the feeling of the outdoor alfresco dining experience, especially in the morning before the heat really hits.
The staff were great and when we asked for a late check out they were able to accommodate with out any issues.
My one complaint was that the wifi was not great - not that we should be on our devices while holidaying - but at one point i was trying to sort out seats for our flight home and it took me a long time due to the wifi.
Overall we were happy with our experience at Sunwing and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KodR
Hotel_Spokesperson, Communications Agent at Sunwing Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear KodR,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.
It is such a delight for us to hear that you and your family are very happy with your experience at our resort.
It is a pleasure having you. We are looking forward to hosting you again next time.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We have mixed feeling about our stay.
The resort itself is great with beautiful pools and slides for the kids. Our room was good a little noisy at times but that didn’t bother us to much. Our package included breakfast which was always nice.

We didn’t realise that this resort was aimed at European families with all the kids activities in a different language. It was a big surprise when we got there as we had purchased a voucher in Australia that failed to mention this. So it meant our English speaking kids found it hard to join in on the games and interact with other kids. So I do not recommend this for young English speaking families.

From the web page I thought it read that kids club was from 3 years and this was included in our package but in fact it started at 4 years and you could pay extra for a 3 year old to attend an activity at an allocated time for an hour and a half or use a babysitter which was around $18 Australian an hour for 2 kids.

Our 1 year old developed gastro 24 hours after being there. There were signs all over the resort stating there is an outbreak. As a result my husband and I both fell unwell also. Not really something you want to deal with on a holiday. I thought they could have at least offered some washing tokens at as we went through our whole suitcase of clothes in 2 days.
We had to pay a high season surcharge and felt it was a little to pricey for what it was. The off peak prices were a bit more reasonable.

I really liked the Kamala Beach location and the beach was beautiful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hotel_Spokesperson, Communications Agent at Sunwing Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us and for sharing your honest feedback.
First of all, we sincerely apologize for not being able to meet your expectations for your family holiday.
We're very sorry to know that the entire family got sick during your stay. We hope you're feeling better.

The resort though provides antibacterial hand sanitizers for our guests, which can be found at public areas like Reception, Miniland, our public toilets, and in both of our restaurants Fino and La Tasca.

As for Miniland, we would like to apologize for the misinformation. Rest assured we will look into this and your highlighted remarks to make sure we can serve you better on your next visit.

On a lighter note, we are glad that you were able to appreciate the resort's location which provides easy access to the beach. We hope that you'd give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 10 nights in a family suite (2 adults, kids aged 14 & 9). Let me start by saying that we quickly realised that this hotel is tailored for kids under 7. The hotel was packed with non English speaking families with young kids. This wasn't a huge problem but it made it almost impossible for our children to make any friends.

The first room (1220) they put us in stank of a mouldy mildew smell. Add to the fact that it was just above the main restaurant with all the noise and moving of furniture at late hours and early morning and you can imagine that it wasn't a great start to our holiday. We complained straight away and were told that we could be moved after 2 nights. Our next room (3234) was better but it also had a problem. There was cigarette smoke coming into the room from outside. We complained but unfortunately nothing was done that fixed the problem.

On our first morning we were pleasantly surprised with the selection at buffet breakfast but this quickly got boring as the days went on. Nothing really changed our whole stay. We also found the staff quite lazy as well. Trying to get someone's attention to get a coffee was difficult. The decor and cleaniness of the main restaurant wasn't really nice either. It reminded me of Ikea but without air conditioning.

At dinner time I would highly recommend using the takeaway service and eating in your room. We ate the buffet dinner twice and found ourselves profusely sweating while eating. It was so uncomfortable. They need air conditioning badly.

The big selling point of this hotel is the 3 big pools and they don't fail to disappoint. The water slides were a hit with our kids and the connect 4 games available at the pool bar were an added bonus. I must say though that the water temperature is too hot and there seemed to be a lot of chemicals used as lots of kids hair including ours were turning green.

I understand we were visiting Thailand and English is not the first language but on our previous trip to Phuket (Katathani Resort) we didn't have the struggles in communicating with hotel staff like we did at Sunwing Kamala. We usually had to repeat ourselves several times using different phrases until they understood.

I believe the saving grace of this hotel is the cheap food (not drinks), accommodation price, and a great beach just outside the gates. If we ever revisited then it would only be for short stay (2-3 nights) so that we could enjoy the nice beach and beautiful sunsets.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Digga123
Hotel_Spokesperson, Communications Agent at Sunwing Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Digga123,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sunwing Kamala Beach and for sharing your constructive feedback.
We're glad you were happy with the food and accommodation we have provided as well as our location which is in close proximity to the beach.
As for your highlighted remarks, we will make sure to look into these areas to serve you better on your next visit.
We are looking forward to another opportunity of hosting you.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

Me and my family stayed here for 2 weeks in February of 2018.
I would say it is a nice hotel, right on the beach with huge pool areas.
The rooms are big, with a small pentry (at least in our room) and we had a very nice pool access room.
All the staff was very nice and friendly.

So what is the problem?
Let me start with the noice and "smoke free".
Imagen you are standing around a public pool in the middle of the summer with a couple of hundred people yelling and half of them smoking.
The constant noice really gets to you after a couple of days and the constant cigarett smoke is really irritating if you are not a smoker.

Then the pools:
Since there is so many families at this hotel, I am guessing a lot of the younger kids do their "business" in the pool. Therefore they use so much clorine that all the blond kids hair is green after a couple of days.

The food.
In general I would say it is okay.
The Buffet has two themes each day and there is a a´la carte by the beach that is really nice.
The only negative I would say is that the wine selection is limited and that the wine is very expensive.

The rooms
Like I said before, it worked well for us.
We had a large bed and two bed sofas so you could chose where you wanted to sleep.
The only negative with the rooms I would say is that the aircon is above the bed and they never stop blowing cold air so I ended up sleeping on the sofa.

All in all I think this hotel is okay. There is a lot of things they could improve but with the huge complex they are, I think it is difficult.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Niclas M
Hotel_Spokesperson, Communications Agent at Sunwing Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Dear Niclas M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your constructive feedback.
We are glad that you were able to enjoy the room, the food, and the pool areas of the resort.
As for your highlighted remarks, rest assured we will look into these areas to serve you better on your next visit.
We are looking forward to another opportunity of hosting you!