“Exciting sense of achievement in gaining my dive licence”

Merlin Divers - Kamala Diving Center
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Kamala
More attraction details
Owner description: Merlin Divers SSI dive center provides scuba dive services on Phuket with a personal touch. For all dive trips and courses we promise small groups. Merlin Divers offers all SSI & PADI dive courses from beginner to the professional level. We run half day scuba dive trips along the west coast of Phuket, dive trips from 1 up to 10 days to the dive sites of Phi Phi, Racha and Similan Islands, Shark Point, Anemone Reef and King Cruiser wreck and Burma.
Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exciting sense of achievement in gaining my dive licence”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I had one dive 31 years ago in Fiji and it has taken me until now to get my licence. It was a great experience and a lot of fun as I did it with my two daughters, Emma and Maddy. Merlin Divers offer a relaxed but professional dive service.

1 Thank Marie B

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Winterthur, Schweiz
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Divemaster Course on Phuket, Thailand”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I did my Divemaster at Merlin Divers. The Internship was very comprehensive and the instructors who trained me have huge experience, so I could benefit a lot from them. It is an excellent base for a future professional dive career. I'm happy that I did the right choice for doing my Divemaster and finally it was a lot of fun...

Visited March 2011
1 Thank carisa76
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent People, Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

While on holiday, I did my PADI at Merlins Dive Center. The people are fantastic and very nice. They worked with me fantastically around my busy activity schedule. We had other activities planed before working in a PADI cert, so the cert had to be broken up over a few days. This was no issue for Merlins Dive Center. My instructor worked with me very well. I was having issues with the pool dive and wanted to give up. He helped me relax, gave me many tips, and spent most likely a few more hours than he should have. Same thing happened when I hit the ocean, about to give up, he helped me relax, gave me tips on what to do, and I was a beginner diver in no time. I have to give them 10 stars, why? Because I get motion sickness and told them this while in the pool on day one. I mentioned I cant find any medication because I cant speak Thai. My instructor went to the pharmacy that afternoon and purchased motion sickness medication and had first thing for me on the boat in the morning. I did not even ask! I could not have been happier with my cert, the people, and the experience. I was even happier to see a link in my email with a lot of pictures taken of me while on the cert, free of charge. Bravo guys, and thank you for a fantastic time. I will be back in Thailand in 3-6 months. And will return to Merlins Dive Center for my dives! Thank You!

3 Thank Jamie B
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent diving trip experience with Merlin Divers, Kamala beach, Phuket Thailand”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Our Thai Dive Master, Nueng was really great and did an amazing job taking care of us which made the whole difference so we truly had a great diving experience. She is good because she is really motivated and enthusiastic and shares her passion of diving with others, but also because she was really well trained. Her briefings before each dive was perfect, clear, concise and very useful and she knew the places and where to find the species like the sea horse and more. The touch of taking pictures of us, I must say is a first for us and very nice and so much appreciated to remember how special Thailand is and how much we enjoy it. Now, we love Thailand even more...

Visited January 2012
2 Thank jfroy24
Nanjing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good value, excellent safety, friendly staff”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We had 5 dives over 2 days with Merlin Divers and they were a superb outfit to dive with. All of their dive staff were knowledgeable multi-lingual and very helpful. We had not been diving for 3 years and so were taken for a refresher dive and had a thorough reminder of all safety and signals and completed some underwater drills to give us confidence and demonstrate our competence. On our second day diving we were thrilled to have the same dive master as before and we had Julia to ourselves, which we thought was an excellent ratio! Julia could not have been more helpful all day, setting up our gear and swapping masks with me when mine failed. We would love to go back to Kamala and dive with them again some time soon.

1 Thank CJ_Taniwha