Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa
Good 3.5/5
Keemala(Kamala)
Good 3.5/5
1,722 results
All reviewscable carold siamprivate beachhillside roomorchid gardenvip loungecrocodile barlagoon poollow tidenakalay baybeach frontpool access roomtuk tukocean view villahill sidethai restaurantamazing pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just returned from a 11 night stay at the hotel , we went all out and booked the beach front cottage , upon arrival we was greeted by a nice warm smile and pleasant reception staff whom were very helpful, the lobby is very tastefully decorated with the nice touch of Thai spirit . At first glance it looked like we had struck gold , after a day we knew we had ! What a amazing place to stay ,the staff I have to say are the most friendly people I have ever met in my life , some people may say this was a show to get tips etc , however this is simply not true . The staff are a credit to the hotel and are happy genuine people who want to make you enjoy your stay . We spent almost every night in the Marisa restaurant the food is simply outstanding , it is a little on the expensive side but the quality was excellent, the staff were nothing short of amazing there was not one member of staff that was grumpy etc , look out for Sakda, Bow and Phoo, they really made us smile and made us feel welcome . The pool has to be the best pool I’ve every been in I spent every day in there hence me only having a tan from the chest upwards ! The gardens are well maintained and are simply stunning. Look out for the parrots, rabbits and tortoise that are brought out every day . There is no evening entertainment but having a meal and a nice drink relaxing was what I wanted . The hotel do a fruit carving course free of charge , we had a excellent teacher named Dai really nice guy with plenty of patience. Our room was rather basic but being in Thailand I understood , I do feel that it could of done with a bit of updating tho , I will add tho the hotel do seem to be contstanly doing upgrade work around the hotel it’s just a shame my room wasn’t done . A BIG issue I did have was the cleaner was not good at all !!! Simply brushed the floor and changed the bed lining and towels , one day we asked for fresh towels which the cleaner took and we didn’t see her again ! Unfortunately this is the worse service I’ve ever have with cleaners so the hotel would need to address this with some training or something . In a summary, would I stay here again ? Absolutely ! This had to be the most friendly hotel I’ve ever stayed in and with a few simple minor upgrades this would be possibly the best hotel ive ever stayed in.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank stuart r
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed with our 10 year old daughter for 7 nights in March of 2018 and enjoyed our stay.

Positive attributes:

1. Very nice staff. Special thanks to Kim who helped us locate a bag that we left in a van that brought us from the airport.

2. Private beach away from the hustle of Patong beach.

3. Free shuttle to Patong (although not enough trips).

4. Nice pool and beautiful grounds.

5. Rabbits, birds, and a turtle for kids to play with every morning.

Negative attributes:

1. Can’t swim almost half of the day (at low tide).

2. Had a problem at check-in with the credit card. Although fully paid 6 months in advance, hotel asked for the same credit card at check-in. Since we didn’t have with us, they reimbursed the original payment (still waiting for the credit) and charged us again (ended up paying $60 more, because of the change in the currency rate).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Leo K
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lucky enough to book this hotel for our honeymoon / big 50 birthday at the end of March 2017 - April 2017 (wouldn't allow me to select dates from drop down list) and it was fantastic, it was fully booked this year :-( Lovely food, great facilities, nice beach, would go here again!
We had a lovely room with a queen sized bed, above the fantastic pool. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay at Thavorn with our 3 year old son. We booked directly with the hotel and received return transfers and access to the VIP lounge daily (fabulous for basic sandwiches, cakes, and cold drinks - and popcorn for our 3 year old!)
We stayed in a beach cottage and it was perfect. Open the door and though the beach front cottages were in front, we could still see the beach and it was literally a 30 second walk.
Beach is not white and sandy but its lovely and quaint. Low tide all the rocks are exposed and it makes for fabulous viewing of fish and exploring.
Rabbits, parrots and tortoises are available to view 10am and 3pm. The staff are great with these animals
The gardens and pool were breathtaking and so well looked after. The staff work very hard to maintain the gardens and facilities.
Breakfast was good.
The only slightly negative aspect is the cost of food and beverages. Expect to pay more than in Australia and up to 2-3 times more than in Patong (restaurants and supermarkets). That said I guess you pay for convenience and service. The green vegetable curries were delicious!
All the staff were lovely but a special shout out to Bee who always went out of his way to play with our son.
Free Shuttle available several times a day. Great to catch shuttle to Patong for dinner and tuk tuk home for about 300 Baht.
If you are interested in going to a Elephant Sanctuary, we recommend Phuket Elephant Sanctuary. Thavorn doesn't have a relationship so email/call direct and you can get a return transfer for 500 Baht per person.
We definitely recommend Thavorn and hope to stay again in the future.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank kk1Christchurch
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I just had the opportunity to spend our 22nd wedding anniversary at the Thavorn Beach Village Resort set in lush tropical gardens, the rooms are beautifully furnished and are totally private, the views are outstanding, but for us it was the staff who made our stay very enjoyable. Most of the staff that we encountered were Filipino ladies, immaculately dressed, extremely polite, and very well trained. From the time we arrived to our departure we were made to feel as part of a great big family.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple