“Nice hotel.”

Sunprime Kamala Beach
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed 6 nights at this hotel, and we were very happy with the location. The hotel sits by the beach, and our room was virtually by one of the pools next to the beach. The room was clean and confortable, and had a decent size balcony. I particularly didn't like the door that connects different rooms, as it does reduce privacy quite a lot. I didn't try to change the room or complain about it, so I cannot comment about the staff potential reaction. Check in was fast and the staff helpful. Check out could be faster, but they had to send someone to check the mini-bar before we could leave.

If I ever go to Kammala beach again, I'll definitely stay at this resort.

Room Tip: Do rent a scooter at the hotel, and go to all the beaches along the coast.
1  Thank airness1979

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We spent two weeks at the Kamala beach resort in the Sunprime resort. We had a free room upgrade, service was fantastic and friendly across the board. The hotel restaurant is a bit pricey but there are loads of restaurants along the beach which made up for that. We had a tsunami evac due to the earthquakes recently and the staff were amazing throughout the whole episode. Five star quality, loved it and we will be back!

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Karin P
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed for 6 days at the Kamala Beach resort in April.

I was a little apprehensive staying here as I normally stay in 5 star hotels, but had to budget on this part of my trip around Thailand, as have other holidays planned this year.

We stayed in the Grand Deluxe Pool room and was pleasantly surprised. It was a nice big room. Nice and light. It had a flat screen tv. Big fridge, safe, plenty of clothe storage. Modern furnishings. Ok, it wasn't super stylish, it looked as if it had been kitted out at Ikea. But for the price we paid, I found it very comfortable. The bathroom was modern and clean. It had a nice big balcony with table and chairs. Nice views over the very large pool area.

The hotel is big.The grounds were nice. Lots of pools. Always plenty of sunloungers round the pool. We never had a problem finding one. We never went on the beach as they weren't free.

The breakfast was ok. There was a massive choice, but unfortunately cheap ingredients. I would have preferred less of better ingredients. The food at the hotel for lunch and dinner was suprisingly cheap for a hotel, and pretty good. We tried the food on the beach restaurants but found them poor. Maybe we chose badly. The main little street in Kamala has a reasonable selection of bars and restaurantts, but we didn't have great food to be honest. Have had much better in other areas of Thailand. So was dissappointing.

We really liked the hotel bar. It's open air, with a lovely breeze and had a nice feeling to it. We met lots of other guests at the end of the night.The bar overlooks the resteraunt which overlooks the beach, and this is a really nice area at night. Really nicely furnished. Tasteful.

I didn't like Kamala much if I'm honest. I found the beach really scruffy and alot of the restaurants too. I went there hoping to eat on the beach, (as I normally do in Thailand), but they were scruffy and the food was poor. The restaurants didn't seem to take any pride, ie they would be surrounded by rubbish and not bother to try and tidy there part up. I thought this was shabby. I also didn't find the people in Kamala that friendly either compared to where I have travelled in Thailand.

Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel. Its great value for money. Good location. Friendly staff. I just didn't like Kamala. I think there are better parts of Thailand.

6  Thank sweetpeakirk
Reviewed 26 April 2012

we didnt stay at kamala beach hotel but had dinner one night at their hotel restaurant prime kitchen. seriously one of the most well priced hotel restaurants i have come across - we sat near the beach side of the rest and watched the sun go down as we ate great food and had really good staff. very clean and the resort looked pretty good - toilets were amazingly clean for such a big hotel.

2  Thank fritzcAdelaide
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend and it was such a nice hotel. Right on the beach. The food in the restaurant was good, the rooms were nice and clean. There are no children allowed to stay at the resort so it was quite which was good!! Overall I would recommend this place!!

Room Tip: Maybe pick one facing the pool or the beach because the other rooms face the car park but if you are...
Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank laceyhGoldCoast
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at Kamala Beach resort for one week. This is a lovely resort, I would rate it 4 star. The rooms were clean and a good size. The hotel buffet breakfast was good although not as extensive as other resorts I have stayed at in the past, never the less it had a good varity of foods.
This resort is ideal for couples, 70% of the guests were over 40 years of age. Guests from Europeans, Scandinavians, Russians and Australians.

No children under 15 hrs in this resort, made for peace and quiet at breakfast and around the pools.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Location is ideal away from the hustle and bustle of Patong, but a close taxi ride if you wanted to go shopping.
The beach is lovely, very clean, with a few shops along the walkway.
Plenty of places for a one hour back massage, and cheap us$10.
This hotel price for the week was very reasonable, I would certainly stay here again.

1  Thank inelew
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We didn't stay at this resort, so are only reviewing on the buffet restaurant really. Awful, noisy, crowded, hot, bland.
The 'entertainment' was entertaining, but for the wrong reasons.
Sorry, not our kind of thing at all.
Fino restuarant though - is fab! Can't find it on here to review separately. Delicious food, friendly and helpful staff. Worth going to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
1.2 km away
22.6 km away
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
2.6 km away
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa

Been to Sunprime Kamala Beach? Share your experiences!