“Excellent beachfront location, friendly staff & great dining options.”

Sunprime Kamala Beach
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Spent a week here early May 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Location is good, right on the beach also easy access to the village shopping. Good range of eating and drinking right out front, must try is Skyla's reggae bar at the North end of Kamala Beach. Breakfast and dinner was good in the hotel restaurant with very friendly and attentive staff. Excellent curry every night. The hotel grounds are very well laid out with massage sala right near the beach and the pools behind the 2nd restaurant were also nice. Coffee bar and Mini-Mart is also handy. Overall a very relaxing stay and would be even better ambiance in the high season. Recommended!

Room Tip: Ground floor pool view are like pool access, very short hop to the pool!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Unclehollywood
Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We spent 15 beautiful days in this nice hotel with my husband.We were happy with the location and service. Kitchen was great!
But we had some problems with insects on our balcony, and it have been solved in 5 minutes.
I think that the hotel is beautiful, secluded place for a quiet romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms in the beach wing well located in relation to the beach, market and restaurants.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed here in March 2012, had a great time. Kamala beach is lovely, quiet beach with good selection of restaurants. Resort has all the facilities you can expect from 4* accom. Short ride in Tuk-Tuk to lively Patong beach with all the shops, pubs and clubs and hustle and bustle the Phuket Island can offer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank lovestotravel464
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed 6 nights at this hotel, and we were very happy with the location. The hotel sits by the beach, and our room was virtually by one of the pools next to the beach. The room was clean and confortable, and had a decent size balcony. I particularly didn't like the door that connects different rooms, as it does reduce privacy quite a lot. I didn't try to change the room or complain about it, so I cannot comment about the staff potential reaction. Check in was fast and the staff helpful. Check out could be faster, but they had to send someone to check the mini-bar before we could leave.

If I ever go to Kammala beach again, I'll definitely stay at this resort.

Room Tip: Do rent a scooter at the hotel, and go to all the beaches along the coast.
1  Thank airness1979
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We spent two weeks at the Kamala beach resort in the Sunprime resort. We had a free room upgrade, service was fantastic and friendly across the board. The hotel restaurant is a bit pricey but there are loads of restaurants along the beach which made up for that. We had a tsunami evac due to the earthquakes recently and the staff were amazing throughout the whole episode. Five star quality, loved it and we will be back!

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Karin P
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed for 6 days at the Kamala Beach resort in April.

I was a little apprehensive staying here as I normally stay in 5 star hotels, but had to budget on this part of my trip around Thailand, as have other holidays planned this year.

We stayed in the Grand Deluxe Pool room and was pleasantly surprised. It was a nice big room. Nice and light. It had a flat screen tv. Big fridge, safe, plenty of clothe storage. Modern furnishings. Ok, it wasn't super stylish, it looked as if it had been kitted out at Ikea. But for the price we paid, I found it very comfortable. The bathroom was modern and clean. It had a nice big balcony with table and chairs. Nice views over the very large pool area.

The hotel is big.The grounds were nice. Lots of pools. Always plenty of sunloungers round the pool. We never had a problem finding one. We never went on the beach as they weren't free.

The breakfast was ok. There was a massive choice, but unfortunately cheap ingredients. I would have preferred less of better ingredients. The food at the hotel for lunch and dinner was suprisingly cheap for a hotel, and pretty good. We tried the food on the beach restaurants but found them poor. Maybe we chose badly. The main little street in Kamala has a reasonable selection of bars and restaurantts, but we didn't have great food to be honest. Have had much better in other areas of Thailand. So was dissappointing.

We really liked the hotel bar. It's open air, with a lovely breeze and had a nice feeling to it. We met lots of other guests at the end of the night.The bar overlooks the resteraunt which overlooks the beach, and this is a really nice area at night. Really nicely furnished. Tasteful.

I didn't like Kamala much if I'm honest. I found the beach really scruffy and alot of the restaurants too. I went there hoping to eat on the beach, (as I normally do in Thailand), but they were scruffy and the food was poor. The restaurants didn't seem to take any pride, ie they would be surrounded by rubbish and not bother to try and tidy there part up. I thought this was shabby. I also didn't find the people in Kamala that friendly either compared to where I have travelled in Thailand.

Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel. Its great value for money. Good location. Friendly staff. I just didn't like Kamala. I think there are better parts of Thailand.

6  Thank sweetpeakirk
Reviewed 26 April 2012

we didnt stay at kamala beach hotel but had dinner one night at their hotel restaurant prime kitchen. seriously one of the most well priced hotel restaurants i have come across - we sat near the beach side of the rest and watched the sun go down as we ate great food and had really good staff. very clean and the resort looked pretty good - toilets were amazingly clean for such a big hotel.

2  Thank fritzcAdelaide
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
1.2 km away
0.1 km away
Sunwing Kamala Beach
Sunwing Kamala Beach
#9 of 35 in Kamala

Been to Sunprime Kamala Beach? Share your experiences!