“Spectacular Cliff Top Views - bland rooms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pecatu
Kembang Kuning Guesthouse
Ranked #51 of 70 Speciality Lodging in Pecatu
Reviewed 15 May 2016

I would not have hesitated to give this place 5 stars if they just gave their charmless rooms a little love! And it wouldn't cost a lot of money...The grounds, the food and the view are all well worth staying for, and the day beds are a great place to relax and watch the surf.
However if you want to retreat to your room you will likely not be comfortable, especially the upstairs ones that are in the sun as the rooms heat up, and the fan will not make it especially comfortable - sea breeze did nothing to cool the room. The rooms are also pretty boring and lacking in style. Basic is ok, if it's done well, but this is just done cheaply, not cool in anyway...You find much nicer Balinese style proper bungalows for the same price or less...These are not genuine bungalows, they are just rooms!
Anyway, stay for the pool view experience, but not for the accommodation...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO STAY HERE!!
We had originally booked for 3 nights but only stayed for 1 as the accommodation was very disappointing and the staff were rude and uninterested!
Upon arrival there was some confusion about our booking. The 'family' that greeted us were more interested in watching tv than welcoming us but finally, one of their children showed us which room was ours and silently gave us the key, no instructions re restaurant etc or a welcome. The room was really dirty and clearly hadn't been decorated for a very long time. There were stains all over the walls and bedding and on the mosquito net. The mosquito net had such a huge rip that it was completely useless. There was only one electrical point and the fan was completely ineffective and noisy. The bedside lamp was only just attached to the wall and the wiring was hanging out everywhere. The windows did not shut, yet alone lock, so we were very worried about leaving our valuables in the room.

However, despite all of this, it was the bathroom that shocked us the most. There was no hot water and this was not mentioned in the AirBnB advert! The 'shower' was in fact a pipe coming out of a wall. The bathroom had a large paneless window in the wall with little spindles in it, meaning that anyone in the public walk way outside the room could hear or look into our bathroom. There was no bottled water available and the towels had clearly seen better days.

This is all such a shame as the location and outside areas were stunning. The views across Bingin were amazing and the pool also looked lovely. However, as we were so unhappy with the room itselfm we moved to another hotel and therefore didnt have the opportunity to enjoy the pool.

I telephoned Wayana on arrival to the room to voice my disappointment, but as soon as I said my initial thoughts of the room, she just hung up on me. I was completely astonished by the rudeness and therefore decided to arrange alternative accommodation for the next day immediately.

I must say that following my message through this site to Wayana, she offered to give me a refund of two nights stay. However, this was never received and I therefore had to involve AirBnB, who have since reimbursed me.

I completely understand that the rooms are classed as basic, and we never expected luxury, but we did expect cleanliness, a secure comfortable room and politeness from staff. We stayed in hotels in Bali that were considerably cheaper and provided fantastic customer service, hot/cold water, bottled mineral water, air conditioning, breakfast, decent wifi, a pleasant welcome and welcome drink and comfortable accomodation, I feel that Wayana hides too much behind the category of 'basic' and the view from the property. There are many, many much nicer places to stay in Bingin, and for cheaper, and with views!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank youngtravel2016
Reviewed 11 October 2015

You may have already heard that the view from the KK bungalow property are absolutely stunning. And so it is, in 180+ degrees! Considering KK's location on the tallest cliff edge at one end of the beach, the view is probably the best one around. It's addictive, especially from the strategically-located infinity pool. It's also great to fall asleep to the sound of the surf, or to listen to it while relaxing on one of the sunbeds or - best of all - on the outdoor king-size bed.

In the meantime, the boutque-size KK garden pulls off the trick of being elegant, charming, green, neat and cozy, but not over-polished and posh. It's perrrty! :) The outdoor eating terrace is very inviting, although I haven't tried the food. The rooms are all good as well: spacious, airy, tidy, attractive, comfortable and clean. No complaints about the shower either. Yes there's not hot water, but trust me - it's as warm as you need and the 'sacrifice' is worth the rest.

Bingin beach is a 3 minute walk of the stairs running steeply down, with views of the water popping up left and right through the plants and flowers. It's a perfect pocket-size bit of shore. There are around 6 unpretentious but creative guesthouse-cafes right on the sand, with loads of yummy stuff to offer, as well as beers and cocktails. In the evening, each of the them bring plastic tables out on the sand, and you can choose your fresh fish dinner. You can totally swim if the waves are not too large, and otherwise - check out the surf trick. There are enough people for the place to be bustling, and few enough for it to have a community feel.

I booked my stay through Airbnb, and would highly recommend this! Look for Bukit Vista at Bingin, with Wayana as one of the hosts, together with Jing and Kris. The guys are great! The communication was easy and reliable, they got in touch a few days in advance to make sure I find the place, shared handy tips on where to go in Bingin, and kept in touch during my stay to make sure all is fine. The KK staff are also generally friendly, although I did encounter a mood swing or two from one particular individual. But once again, that doesn't beat the rest of the experience.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Best location on cliff at Bingin with gobsmacking views and amazing pool. Rooms are cheap and basic but you get what you pay for. Watch out for thieving monkeys who will take anything they can get their hands on...including passports. Staff are very lethargic and indifferent...seem to have a care factor of zero. Overall however its a fantastic place and if you're on a budget then check it out.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2015

The pool and the view is really awesome. The rooms are the total difference. Our sheets were used for example and the stuff was not willing to change them. The really unfriendly response just was: "I cannot change sheets every day for every new visitor..."
Don't go there!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manuel B
Reviewed 18 July 2015

We found Kembang when walking to the beach - last cliff top accommodation before you head down to Bingin Beach. We fell in love with the infinity pool and the fantastic view. Lucky enough to get a room due to cancellation. If you are a surfer you can check out 2 breaks from the pool. The bungalows are no more basic than others we stayed in Bali for the same price but they are in need of a paint and spruce up inside. They were clean and bed was comfortable with a good mosquito net. No aircon but this wasn't a problem in July with a fan and sea breezes. Rooms cleaned each day.
The staff were lovely - if you need something you just need to ask - there is always someone at reception. If you like staff hovering around you then this is not the place for you. Breakfast was not included in the price. We found the food quite good - everything is cooked fresh for you on request to eat in the dining area with a million dollar view! It was not expensive.
The garden area and pool are very well maintained and really lovely with plenty of areas to sit or lie around and watch the surf below.

Room Tip: The Ocean room would be good or room 12. We were in 5 and that was fine