All reviews private hot spring huge room train station room rate private bath xin beitou sauna and steam room hot bath one night stay hot spring hotel porridge min walk supermarket baths kfc privacy grout
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Went to the public Hotspring for facilities. Paid 600NTD and I regretted it totally. The toilet and bathing area is so dirty. The hotspring pool is filled with algae & mold. I could have donated the 600NTD to charity instead. Walk past the hotel room corridor, saw the room looks old. Don't think the room can be any better than the hotspring. Please refrain from going to this hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank James T
Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

I stayed in Sweetme on a short trip to Beitou for the springs. The hotel is a bit ageing and could do with slme renovation but i found it very clean and organized. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I got a good rate and still got upgraded so overall couldnt complain

I just wish the breakfast wasnt obligatory as it was a bit average

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2016

Could not book the same hotel in Taipei after change of trip planning and tried this hotel in Beitou hoping to try a different hotspring after a night in Jiaoxi. The man at the lobby received me with a cold question on whether I had a receipt from the Agoda booking. I said I packed it in suitcase and tried to find it in my tablet. He gave me an impatient look while I was searching through my emails and eventually gave me a key to the room. Explained coldly how the large public bath could only be used once and you would have to go to the reception to get the entry pass before going there. The lift was so small and the 3 of us with luggage already filled up the space. The hotel looked aged from the lift. The room had a weird smell once walked in and the furnishings were aging. It did not give us a clean impression. It was lucky we would only stay one night. Breakfast was very simple and of mediocre quality. The only good thing perhaps is the proximity to the New Beitou Mtr station and walkable distance to the few tourist sights in Beitou. There is a good size supermarket next door and also a few eateries which gives you convenience in that. But I would not return as the price is not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank travelover01
Reviewed November 20, 2016

The resort is located just diagonally across the Xinbeitou train station. It is surrounded by several eateries and fast food restaurants. You can take your time to explore Yangmingshan from there by foot.
Staff are helpful and polite. The room I stayed was spacious and very clean with attached hot spring tub big enough for two persons. Great for couples to relax. Although the room faces a road, sound proofing was good so no problem at all with noise. It was strange to note that there was not a single hanger in the bathroom.
Breakfast was simple but carefully prepared and adequate.
The public hot spring is gender separated because you need to get in naked. For the men, its on the 3rd floor and for the ladies, its on the 4th floor. Very relax area, water was clean and two pools with jacuzzi. The only downside is there is no lift to the public hot spring area so may not be very conducive for the elderly and those who have problem with climbing stairs.
There is a park just across the resort and a good place for morning walk. Ask for direction to their local wet market. Nice place to explore and just about 10 mins down the road from where McDonald is. We bought varieties of quality nuts and dried fruits at a good price. Plenty of local fresh fruits available too.
There are several small eateries on both sides of the road leading to the market. Check them out. There is a small shop that bakes sponge cake and sells them only by huge block. You can smell the aroma before you reach it and there's always a queue. We tried sticky rice at one of the shops, it was so cheap and delicious!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SingaporeMay
Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

Once only. A far cry in terms of quality compared to Japan hotspring. Location is very near xinbeitou. Keep right from train exit n keep right towards park.

Famous hotspring ramen place opposite the hotel.

Staff is unfriendly n wonder why she bothers to be a counter staff!

At night limited food options.. usually McDonald's, yoshinoya, mos burger.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends