See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 19, 2016

I stayed at Phoenix Pavilion with my brother in a twin room. The hotel occupies 3 floors with less than 30 rooms is my guess, although some rooms can accommodate 5~6 people. During our 3-night stay, we checked in on a Saturday night & the hotel was full - and I noticed several groups checking in with young children, so it could be a popular hot spring place for families.

The location is a bit tricky to find if one is not familiar with the Xinbeitou area. However the hotel does provide a transfer service at either Beitou or Xinbeitou MRT station. All you have to do is call the hotel on arrival at either MRT station & the shuttle would come & pick you up in 10 minutes.

Our room was clean & functional. The hot spring tub is quite small and barely fits 2 people, so my brother & I just take turns to enjoy the hot spring bathing experience.
Bottled water is provided in-room & breakfast is included. It's primarily local food like rice congee, steam buns & some preserved snacks (which I haven't touched). But the stir-fried noodles & vegetables I do like.

The steamed bun was particularly good which I enjoyed with a cup of coffee - available from a self-serviced machine just outside the small breakfast area.
This appears to be a family run business & staffs were particularly friendly, even helped me with the luggage as our room was on the 3rd floor. Taipei city is 30 minutes away on the MRT & you can arrange for a transfer to either MRT stations by making a booking at the reception. IT was a pleasant experience at Phoenix Pavilion.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WongAK
Reviewed December 12, 2016

We spent one night in this hotel. Here are the good points: They have pick up service from Beitou or Xinbeitou station. Just give them a call. They also drop you off there. The room we reserved was huge. The tatami gave a nice Japanese touch. Free bottled water and tea making facilities in room. Free coffee in lobby. The staff are very friendly and polite. Best of all, the enormous hot spring stone bathtub on the terrace. Although tub is out on terrace, it is private. You can watch the starts while you bathe if the sky is clear. Hotel check in is at 5pm. We arrived a bit early but they gave us the room anyway at 4pm.

Not so good points: The bathroom shower has no shower curtain so water gets everywhere. A bit skimpy on the amenities. No hand soap in the bathroom, we had to buy our own. The bed was rock hard, and I mean ROCK hard. It was okay for me, but husband had a hard time sleeping. They had some futons in the closet, he took one of those and threw it on the bed. As for buffet breakfast, it was tasty if you like Chinese breakfasts (rice porridge ,soup, sautéed vegetables, steamed buns, Chinese sausages, etc). I liked it because I'm half Asian, but my French husband found it weird. The only western thing there was was toast and vanilla flavoured margarine with jam that tasted more like Jello.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank willowcat95
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

This is a hotel that was clearly once the business and the decor is 1970s kitsch but very traditional with wood and tatami floors. The room was comfortable with all the expected facilities- fridge, tea and coffee making facilities.
We stayed in the room with your own hot tub which we really enjoyed. The outside come balcony bathroom was a little unusual but it was quite private and was what we'd signed up for. I enjoyed sitting on the tatami floor ( there were chairs too) and the alcove bed (nice double) added to the quirkiness of the room.
The owners/staff don't speak much/any English but they're very hospitable and breakfast was a really good experience of Taiwanese food - not quite sure how to deal with the porridge substance but all the other dishes were delicious (I gather you're supposed to mix the dishes into the porridge) - there was fruit and cake too and toast was available, so pretty much something for everyone.
They have a mini bus and will pick you up or drop you off at Beitou station (Don't wait for the train to Xinbeitou- you could walk it in less time!)
Really a lovely place!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane P
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

A Japanese style hotspring Ryokan that is a little dated but do not lack most modern amenities. Easily 250-400 USD in Japan but only about 20% of that in Taiwan. The sulfuric based Hotspring truly detox your body without any soap making you feel refreshed . Transportation offered to MRT with a phone call. Taxi to MRT is $80 NT.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2016

Our double room had AC, fridge, and in room hot spring hot water. However, the room was a bit on the smaller side for 3 people each with 1 checked luggage. Staff were friendly and shuttle service is very convenient, however the staff speak limited English. Hot Taiwanese style breakfast is served in the morning, lunch and dinner are not available. Hotel has no elevator, but staff will help you move luggage up/downstairs.

Date of stay: April 2016