All reviewsroom was cleanupon requestreasonable breakfasttransit hotelthe hotel receptionmorning flightasian choicesarriving lategreat optiondecent hotelbottled watermrt stationwake up callchecking inhigh speed rail stationstopoverbanquet
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Located near an industrial area and a freeway cloverleaf, this is not the kind of place you'd come to see the sights or relax by the pool (which they don't have, anyway). However, if you have to be near Taiwan's Taoyuan Airport for an early morning flight, this is a great option. It's a short ($7.00 US) cab ride from the airport (the hotel doesn't offer shuttle service), the room was clean and spacious, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever experienced. The hotel apparently caters to Asian tour groups, as reflected in the other guests we saw at breakfast. Because of that, there are few Western options at breakfast besides scrambled or boiled eggs. However, there are numerous Asian choices, so with a little creativity, you can put together a decent meal. One downside besides the bleak surroundings was a somewhat musty smell in the lobby and hallways. Fortunately, this smell did not pervade our room, so we were pretty satisfied, especially since we paid just under $100 US for the night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2017

We had an early morning flight from TPE back to London and had to find a room for the night because we came from the South of Taiwan. Previously we had stayed in the Novotel which is in the airport grounds but this hotel was a lot cheaper to book this time and so we went for it. It's a decent hotel with adequate rooms, if you stay for only 1 night. The evening buffet is brilliant, it is pretty famous in Taiwan and attracts a lot of tourist groups who just come for the buffet without staying at the hotel. They have a branch in Kaohsiung which is equally well known. Good choice of foods and cheap! Breakfast was also good. It's only a 5 minutes ride from the airport and I suggest you book a taxi with the hotel reception the night before, then all will be ok, it was pretty cheap, think we paid like £3 or £4. The Novotel is newer and its rooms nicer but the banquet makes staying here worthwhile, especially if the rooms are cheaper! If the Novotel happens to be cheaper, just stay there and hop over for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christoph L
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 7 people left home to BWI MD at US east coast at 5:00am, and arrive TPE after 30 hours of flight journey at midnight next day with stop over at Denver DIA and NRT, Tokyo. It was great reliefs to be able to check in to this hotel where it is located close to the airport over midnight. Hotel staffs were cordial but the facilities are not as great as We had expected. But the Chinese style morning breakfast were pretty good to our surprise.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Don’t waste your money! This place is run down with no room service and no lounge. The room is no larger than the bed. The smell is like cigarettes and cleaning products, the carpet is stained and feels dirty and damp. Not worth the high cost.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2017

We get to the hotel and immediately get stampeded by the Chinese guest that are there just for the banquet. The door man could have shown them all to one door and allowed the other door for free to use by the arriving guest, but it pretty much felt like you are on your own. The front desk, although helpful, not very friendly. after checking in, was going to meet some frineds for dinner, the front offered to call a taxi, after a few minutes our friend called and offered to just pick us up as we would not have wifi after leaving the hotel and it would be hard to find each other. The we asked the front desk to cancel the taxi as I explained why, was not happy at all. I offered the taxi driver 100 Taiwan dollar for his trouble and apologized , he was very kind and refused the money and said not to worry, as I insisted he take the money because I didn`t feel right, making someone work for nothing, the staff at the desk argued with him more about how this foreigner should be paying you. Didn`t need her help and didn`t appreciate how she went about it. The rooms are very clean, but the BED, wow, I woke up the next morning, and had enough sleep, but could not make myself get out of bed. I wanted to take the bed home with me, so comfortable, and every time you move in it,it felt like you were getting a massage. My back didn`t hurt, and I had a great night`s sleep, the bed gets 6 stars. The breakfast, I`ll stop here. no need to ruin the bed story. Only because of the bed would I stay here again, and stay away from the staff as much as possible. By taxi only 5 mins from the airport.

Room Tip: don`t ask for anything, and you won`t be disappointed by the attitude
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family