All reviewscheng kung universitydumplingsbig bednice breakfaststreet foodspacious roomcampusamenitiesfloortaipeibathtub
Reviewed November 4, 2017

I was arrive quite late from Taipei, on my trip to visit my university which is under same management with this hotel.
Upon check-in, they are asking if I am travelling alone, and I told them that I am expecting my friend who is working with the university and stay in Tainan to come and have chit-chat with me and I asked her to stay overnight with me, then the front office said if my friend want to stay overnight then I have to pay additional NTD 500, I explain to them that my friend will not need a breakfast, no need for them to prepare additional amenities as my room is for double occupancy but they insist for additional payment. OK, I give up, my friend will just come back to her apartment after midnight. After check-in, I would like to borrow the universal charger, to my surprise when I was waiting in front of the lift, the front desk officer run to me just to tell me that I need to return the charger upon my check-out time.
OMG, do I look so poor that she need to tell me in a rush? I can say they don't have any sense of hospitality.

Room is ok, it is really spacious, but providing only 2 pillow in such a big bed? Your housekeeping really have to do market competition to see how other hotel do their bedding looks appealing.

The next morning, I went to 3rd floor for breakfast and the waiter ask for coupon. It have not been explained by front office that they are still using coupon system, and I have not known where did I drop my coupon (inside the key card holder), try to look everywhere in my room but still can't find it. I report to front office, expecting they can do cross check that no one have come from my room number and taking breakfast, or at least issue new coupon for me, but they just node and do nothing.

It's a waste, for such a good property but managed poorly, their price just about 1000NTD cheaper compared to Shangrilla which not so far away, yet the quality of the service is significantly different. Perhaps if not because they have a lot of guest from National Cheng-Kung University, this property will be out of competition.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

We stayed on night at the Zenda Suites. The room was large, clean with comfortable beds. Breakfast was Taiwanese style But there was also toast, coffee, etc. Good place for a stayover. There is no restaurant in the hotel. There are nice restaurants within walking distance however.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2016

I spent almost a week in this hotel on a business trip to Tainan. I found the room large and well furnished. The bathroom was very well laid out, with a nice rain shower. The bed was excellent and big. The room was designed intelligently, with a nice night light so you can find the bathroom in the dark. Breakfast was good with a lot of choice. Staff was professional and welcoming.
The only drawbacks was the sound proofing between the rooms - not that good. There was a family in the next room that I could hear very well sometimes. Also, the airco was pretty aggressive and noisy with limited options to regulate.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel will be more quiet, rooms at the front have better view
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ErikVollebregt
Reviewed June 28, 2016

I have excellent experience with the hotel Zenda Suites. It is just opposite to National Cheng Kung University. Rooms in the hotel are excellent, neat and clean. Foods available inside the hotel are also very good. For breakfast, people can get Asian as well as Continental food and that amount is also a lot and different varieties. Receptionists are also very good. From 8, 9 or 10th floors, people can visit the whole city, Tainan.

Room Tip: 9th or 10th floor
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

We were staying at this hotel to attend my brother's graduation. The location is strategic and nice. You can find some good places to eat in the neighborhood; for example you can find some street food, or there are also some restaurants beside the hotel. 5 min walks you'll find Mc Cafe and 7 min walks you'll find Starbucks. There are also some shops in the neighborhood, such as Adidas, Giordano, NET, G2000, etc.
The room is super nice, spacious, and comfy. The twin bed is so wide.
The bathroom is clean and the amenities is complete.
Regarding the breakfast, there's not much varieties. And for me as a kosher eater, it will be super challenging, but they provide vegetarian section. This may be a challenge for a halal eater too.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family