“A very peaceful place in "jungles"”
Review of VVG Hideaway

VVG Hideaway
Ranked #634 of 1,194 Restaurants in Shilin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A very nice combination of interior design and author food could be found north of the city close by the mountains. The restaurant is really hidden among the trees and the impression of jungles is very real, ones who like calm spots for dinner would appreciate it. You can try here delicious soups, unusual tea recipes, and test wines. I was surprised by cake Pavlova, that was veeery good!

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We went there on Sunday afternoon, not very crowded, reservation is acceptable so recommend to call them for reservation first. The place is very cozy and elegant, recommend to couples for dating and to friends for gathering. The price of food and cakes are not cheap (we spent NTD 1700 for two there) but tastes good, so I would say once a while for this cozy afternoon is worthy.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

After having to us that we had to order two plates each for 7 of us, the delivery was remarkably slow and inconsistent. Several of us had finished desert and coffee before others had received their order.

Desert items were OK but not great and represented a generally mediocre attempt at an international standard.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

When I step in the VVG, the waitress was really rude. The first thing she said to me was "you guys have to order al least 2 plates blablabla" what?? I am here to enjoy the meal, and she told this to us like she is the boss there?? I mean, even the food is fabulous I will never come again. It already ruined my appetite.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The ambient is fine but their service attitude is terrible. And parking is a big problem. Their food isn't worth the price. Also they didn't tell us that each person had to order two dishes. I won't recommend it to ppl. There are a lot of better place than here.

Been to VVG Hideaway? Share your experiences!