All reviews the bus corner room near airport gold member an umbrella night market shower door taipei airport taxi fare convenient location early in the morning high floor costs twd the hotel is clean free breakfast the hotel staff late night arrival
Reviewed May 8, 2018

The hotel is located in a very busy part of Taoyuan and not very easy for Tourist that don't speak Chinese, so as far as being a Westerner style hotel I would recommend Taipei East Holiday Inn. If you are Chinese and want to immerse yourself in the environment than this hotel is good. The rooms are OK but as I said they need renovated. The staff however is very good and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Trainerintravel
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best Holiday Inn ive ever stayed at. It away from the noise but close enough that you can still walk to great shopping areas. The was awsome. They helped with all my little needs and questions. The breakfast menus were delecious and well prepared.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2018

Stayed in the corner room on the top floor. Plenty of space and wide bed but the bed was too hard for my liking. The bathroom also has an unusual design where bathroom door also acts as the shower door so might be a problem depending on who you stay with.

On the other hand, nothing to complain about the staffs. Those manning the front desk were courteous and helpful in giving direction and answering my questions.

Being in Taiwan, it's not difficult to find cheap food around, including vegetarian, but if you choose to eat in the hotel, the free breakfast provided was decent.

It took me 45 minutes & NT$32 by bus from the airport and 25 minutes & NT$450 by taxi to the airport on Monday morning (there was some traffic both ways). I think HIX Taoyuan serves as a good alternative to the airport hotels, but I might look for hotels near Taipei Main Station next time considering it takes less than 40 min by train to visit the city.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank rai4a
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Taoyuan doesn't get many Western visitors and so few of the normal hotel chains are present. We chose the Holiday Inn Express as it was near the people we were visiting. It was a good choice. The room was clean and had everything we wanted. The staff were excellent and most spoke reasonable English (which is pretty rare in Taoyuan). The breakfast buffet had enough Western staples to fit the bill. And the price at around £55 a night for two people was very fair indeed. I can't say we'll be rushing back to Taoyuan in the middle of their wet winter, but if we do return we'll certainly happily book into the Holiday Inn Express again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JRMJ
Front D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Thank you for your affirmation of the hotel, to the hotel which is the largest in terms of recognition and praise. Thank you for your patronage again, and look forward to your visit again!

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

Clean and comfortable hotel, easy to reach from Taoyuan international airport or from Taipei.
We were passing through Taipei on a trip through Asia and stayed two nights. We requested early check in and were accommodated, our room was satisfactory. We didn’t expect a five star room but it was certainly comfortable.

We had one small issue with our room and the staff was so prompt in addressing the issue. They went above and beyond, the service here was better than many 5 star properties I’ve stayed at. Many of the staff speak fluent English. Thanks to the impressive staff of the Holiday Inn Express I can highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple