Swiio Hotel(Wanhua)
Trip.com
US$77
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Next Stop Taipei(Wanhua)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$22
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$32/night.

amba Taipei Ximending(Wanhua)
Hotels.com
US$41
US$36
Hotels.com
Meander Taipei Hostel(Wanhua)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$30
Agoda.com
WESTGATE Hotel(Wanhua)
US$148
US$127
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevery morningother hotelsconvenient locationtea and coffeequeen bedyour luggagebathtublobbycondimentstaipeigelsshoppingdrawersinitiativetoiletclothinghousekeeping
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Spent 4 nights at this hotel, and had requested for adjoining rooms. Upon arrival, we found out that the staff allowed another guest to occupy one of the adjoining rooms, depsite having initially reserved the adjoining rooms for us. After much hassle of changing rooms, we settled for 2 rooms on the same floor.

The facilities in my room was terrible. The safe was not working, the bathroom did not have a single hook for clothes, and did not have at least a ledge for toiletories within the showering area. The remote control for the TV had a 3 sec response-delay, which made channel surfing really slow. My friend's room had no such problems, and thus I complained and had a change of room.

However, facilities were generally ok. Cleanliness was satisfactory as well. Location was good. Ok value for money (about NT$2300/night).

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank syng
Reviewed October 16, 2007

This was my first trip to Taipei and I was not expecting much of a comfort, but Wonstar hotel is fantastic! It is not a big hotel, but it has everything that I wanted.

The LCD TV has over 100 channels, mostly mandarin movies, variety shows, news, but there are english channels also, much like what I get back home. There is ample space in the room for me to open up my suitcase on the floor without obstructing movement. There are also enough drawers and cabinets for putting your stuff, e.g. clothes, accessories. There is even a safe for your precious items.

The aircon is neither too warm nor too cold, so it suits me perfectly. The bed is very big and there are 4 pillows! Bathroom is clean and bright. I didnt get a bathtub, but it doesnt matter anyway. Shaving razor blades, shaving cream, combs, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shower cap. shower foam and shampoo are all replendished everyday.

There is a kettle provided, with 2 bottles of mineral water, some snacks, soft drinks as well as packets of instant coffee that are replendished everyday also. Housekeeping takes place when you are not around, and everything looks like day one whenever I get back to the room. Good job!

The reception staff are fantastic! Very courteous and helpful, they really bring a warm feeling to my heart. Breakfast coupons are given to me everyday and their breakfast is not bad. The dishes change everyday, and some items like cereal, bread, coffee, milk, orange juice, porridge are standard items you see everyday.

Situated right beside Ximending, Wonstar hotel is very convenient for you to go anywhere. MOS Burger is just right beside the hotel and Yoshinoya is just down the street. I love Ximending! There is so many things to see here and staying right beside it is simply fantastic! Everyone says it takes 5 minutes to get to the nearest subway (they call it Jie Yun there), but I take only 3 minutes. Ximen station is right at the heart of taipei and one stop away from Taipei Main Station which is the interchange for all lines going all over Taipei. At night when I come back, it is a relief to know that Wonstar hotel is just around the corner, especially when my feet is aching.

All in all, fantastic hotel. I will definitely choose Wonstar again when I come back to Taipei next year. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ashleyriot
Reviewed October 9, 2007

We (3 couple) spent 3 nights at this Hotel. The location is optimal, around 6 minutes from the main station on foot and the airport bus also departs just 2 minutes on foot from the hotel. The hotel has no really lobby (just a front desk), so it is a bit unusual, but I do not really care about that. The room was really nice, wide, very clean, the bed was comfortable and big, the airconditioner efficient and the bathroom really unusual new, clean and nice. The room was also equipped with Radio, CD-player, DVD-player and 37 inch flat screen TV. The stuff was friendly and helpful. The only disadvantage I would point out is the breakfast. This hotel has no restaurant, so they do not offer a breakfast, but they provide a free coupon for a breakfast in a cafe nearby. That is quite tasty, however to small portion. All in one it was a great value for the price and I would stay again there.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank hegyo
Reviewed September 5, 2007

It was a great stay at Wonstar Hotel. Located a couple of minutes away from Xi Men Ding. 5 minutes walk to Xi Men subway station which involves a walk through Xi Men Ding.

The room had a great big bed. Everything was extremely clean. Does not have 5 star facilities like swimming pool and fine dining, but thats not really very important.

Starwell and corridors were extremely clean with no musty smell of carpet unlike many other hotels.

Private car arranged by the hotel drove us to the airport at the end of our 4 day stay. The price was the same as a normal taxi.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jetquek
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Excellent location near MRT and also near Xi Menting where all the eatery and shopping can be found my son 4 year old loves the big arcade game (Let's go Jungle)near the hotel and we played everyday there and he enjoyed it . THe fried rice and dessert nearby is a must try. It is a memorable stay and the receptionists are friendly and hardworking see some of them work 12 hours and more yet they still smile every thing we see them. Excellent hotel room very clean and new just like 4 star only the breakfast is too plain.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family