All reviewsevery morningother hotelsconvenient locationtea and coffeequeen bedyour luggagebathtubcondimentslobbytaipeigelsdrawersinitiativetoiletclothinghousekeepingheart
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Me & my friends just came back from Taipei on our special 9D8N stay. Our full 8night is stay at Wonstar Hotel, Zhonghua. They room are very clean and we are especially love the bath tub.... is very good. 3person room... really very good. I was highly recommend this place.
If you really want to buy mask (My Beautiful Diary)...... must stay hear. The shop which selling more mask just opposite the hotel. 10person go in also buy mask.....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JacklynLau
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Just came back from my 4D3N taiwan trip and had stayed in Wonstar (Zhonghua). Upon reaching, we realised that we had always mistaken it as the Ximen branch because it is just a 5min walk to Ximending.

I will give it a gd rating for its convenient location to Ximending, especially if you enjoy late night hangout. We stayed in a triple room, with a double bed and a single bed. Beds were clean and comfy. There's a standing shower and a very deep bathtub area. The only negative points given will be the size of the room. I believe it's only gd for short stay. People with big luggages may have a hard time moving ard without tripping over your luggage.

Another negative point is the weak wifi in the hotel. We were informed that wifi is only available at the ground level and weak on the higher floors. A internet cable is provided if you brought your laptop but I had difficult getting my laptop connected somehow. It doesn't help when the hotel staff do not know how to help.

But i will say the customer service is quite gd. The staff were very friendly and helpful in checking some stuff for us. When my laptop could not get connected, the staff tried to help by changing another cable for me though it didn't work too.. for this initiative, i will give them a gd score.

Overall a pleasant stay...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank rae0819
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I and my husband took a 2 hours lodging to rest and was quoted on the phone for $680, when we showed up in 10 minutes after called, we have to pay $860 and was told $680 is no longer available. This is how they make more money on customers. More worse, after we checked in, one of our friends visited us, we have to pay $300 extra after 10 minutes of his visit. This is so ridiculous and outrage.

Hope the hotel management should not cheat their customers any more to get extra money or they will lose future business.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank beloose
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Stayed with this Wonstar hotel in Ximen on several occasions during the last few years and have stayed in various different rooms here. This used to be a really good value for money place (hence why the repeated stays) with breakfast included and located in an ideal place in ximen.
But the rates have been adjusted and I wouldn't even recommend it as it's no longer fairly priced. There are definately better valued alternatives to this hotel in the area.

Pros: Location - short walks from shops, food stalls, transports etc.
Cons: Room size, bad piping, noise from neighbouring rooms with ppl coming in and out every few hours (yeah, that's right), air con is poor quality, requires a refurbishment.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank obscured
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Firstly want to compliment this hotel on its name Wonstar or more accurate would be ONE star or even nostars . Stayed here for one night on the 11th of August. Price was way too high for standard of room, about 70 euros for the night. For 70 euros you can get a so much better room than this in Taiwan. Ok the good points first, location excellent, close to the MRT and loads of shops. Room size is fine and free internet( this is standard in most hotels in Taiwan) Bad points, check in girl was rude, didn't seem to care about whether we stayed or not, got to room and it smelled of rotten wood, We were meeting friends that night and returned at about midnight and to our horror we discovered that the walls between rooms were paper thin. We could here everything that was going on next door, talking music a complete nightmare. Also the plumbing in the place is noisy as hell. Neighbors flush the toilet and we can here the aftermath of this for 10 mins. The same can be said after a shower pipes banging loudly, unbelievable stuff. In all the hotels i have stayed in over the years have never heard anything like it. Do yourself a favor and avoid this awful hotel. There is so much better out there in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple