All reviewsevery morningother hotelsconvenient locationtea and coffeequeen bedyour luggagebathtubcondimentslobbytaipeigelsdrawersinitiativetoiletclothinghousekeepingheart
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The location is probably among the best if you'd like to stay at Xi Men Ding (XMD) area. MRT station is within 5-min of walking distance. It's a straight walk along the ZhongHua Road, there's no need to maneuver around the small lanes inside the XMD shopping area which can be confusing.

But the size of the triple room is definitely too small for 3 adults with 3x 25-inch luggage bags!:-) It's more like a small twin room converted to triple room. However this is kinda compensated by an over-sized bathroom which made up about half of the whole room!

The pillow and mattress we had are of sub-optimal quality which affected our quality of sleep somehow. But I hope this is just an individual case and not common across all the rooms.

The thing I like most is you can have a seat inside the cafeteria with complimentary coffee (coffee machine). This is good especially if you've a night flight, already tired of all the shopping and just want to have a rest before going to the airport... :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Edmund_1971
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Me & my friends just came back from Taipei on our special 9D8N stay. Our full 8night is stay at Wonstar Hotel, Zhonghua. They room are very clean and we are especially love the bath tub.... is very good. 3person room... really very good. I was highly recommend this place.
If you really want to buy mask (My Beautiful Diary)...... must stay hear. The shop which selling more mask just opposite the hotel. 10person go in also buy mask.....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JacklynLau
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Just came back from my 4D3N taiwan trip and had stayed in Wonstar (Zhonghua). Upon reaching, we realised that we had always mistaken it as the Ximen branch because it is just a 5min walk to Ximending.

I will give it a gd rating for its convenient location to Ximending, especially if you enjoy late night hangout. We stayed in a triple room, with a double bed and a single bed. Beds were clean and comfy. There's a standing shower and a very deep bathtub area. The only negative points given will be the size of the room. I believe it's only gd for short stay. People with big luggages may have a hard time moving ard without tripping over your luggage.

Another negative point is the weak wifi in the hotel. We were informed that wifi is only available at the ground level and weak on the higher floors. A internet cable is provided if you brought your laptop but I had difficult getting my laptop connected somehow. It doesn't help when the hotel staff do not know how to help.

But i will say the customer service is quite gd. The staff were very friendly and helpful in checking some stuff for us. When my laptop could not get connected, the staff tried to help by changing another cable for me though it didn't work too.. for this initiative, i will give them a gd score.

Overall a pleasant stay...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank rae0819
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I and my husband took a 2 hours lodging to rest and was quoted on the phone for $680, when we showed up in 10 minutes after called, we have to pay $860 and was told $680 is no longer available. This is how they make more money on customers. More worse, after we checked in, one of our friends visited us, we have to pay $300 extra after 10 minutes of his visit. This is so ridiculous and outrage.

Hope the hotel management should not cheat their customers any more to get extra money or they will lose future business.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank beloose
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Stayed with this Wonstar hotel in Ximen on several occasions during the last few years and have stayed in various different rooms here. This used to be a really good value for money place (hence why the repeated stays) with breakfast included and located in an ideal place in ximen.
But the rates have been adjusted and I wouldn't even recommend it as it's no longer fairly priced. There are definately better valued alternatives to this hotel in the area.

Pros: Location - short walks from shops, food stalls, transports etc.
Cons: Room size, bad piping, noise from neighbouring rooms with ppl coming in and out every few hours (yeah, that's right), air con is poor quality, requires a refurbishment.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple