“Small yet amazed”

Miniatures Museum of Taipei
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The first miniature museum in Asia showing dollhouses and cut-away views of rooms from around the world. The delicate Rose Mansion is the crown jewel of the collection.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The place is small. It is located at the basement of a building, so it's really not that easy to find (that's where my rented pocket wifi and google map app comes very handy). The first few displays are kind of scary and freaky, but when you go further it becomes much more prettier. For me, it's quite amazed about the details they have put into each one. For my teens, they are very shocked on how they did it.

Date of experience: March 2018
"small sign"
"nice collection"
"extensive collection"
in 2 reviews
"interesting place to visit"
"taking photos"
in 3 reviews
"for sale"
"few hours"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

There are definitely a lot of different kinds of museums in Taiwan. I decided to go to MMOT because I don't think I've ever been to one. MMOT is located at the basement of a commercial building. You can just ask the guard at the front desk the way to the basement. You will need to use the stairs to get there. It's quite unexpected to see a small museum located there/ There's an entrance fee of NTD200 for adults. I enjoyed this museum, it has a very extensive collection of miniatures. Each piece has an English translation as well. Each piece is amazing and the details are unbelievable. I felt like a little kid looking at each piece, taking photos and reading the stories behind it. I also enjoyed watching the parents explaining to their kids what's going on in each piece, like some parents (I assume) were telling their kid the story of Snow White. (I don't understand of course but it's so cute to watch!) Bonus points for stamps!!!! Good thing I brought my notebook! ^^

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

The minute I set foot in the building, I knew I was about to see something amazing, but it well exceeded my expectations. The work and talent found in each of the pieces is beyond spectacular. The attention to detail and creativity is hard to describe. I loved it. Oh... don’t forget to take a sweater or jacket, the AC is way to high, I was shivering at the end.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

It’s a quite fascinating place with amazing details. Give yourself plenty time there. Location can be a bit tricky because it’s in a basement building.

Date of experience: February 2018