Ambience Hotel
YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$75
US$61
Agoda.com
Via Hotel Loft(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$42
  • Breakfast included
Imperial Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$81
US$59
The Riviera Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$129
US$121
Agoda.com
Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch(Zhongshan District)
US$65
US$62
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Grand Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$114
US$97
Agoda.com
Royal Inn Taipei Linsen(Zhongshan District)
US$102
US$67
  • Breakfast included
Horizon Inn(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$51
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$268
US$215
1,601 results
All reviewscorner roomviolinist playingfree afternoon teaevergreen laurel hotelminute walklaundry roomtaxis are cheapclosest mrt stationstandard roomspecial thankswonderful staystar servicevisit taipeibreakfast buffetreception deskelite roomstar hotel
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 25-27 July 2012 and I believe I took the Deluxe Twin Room for that duration.

Everything that you see in the hotel's website is just as it is in real. There was one review where it said that most taxis know where this hotel is, but apparently not so, but once you show them the address (in Chinese characters) they know where to take you. So for travellers who don't speak alot of Mandarin such as myself, I suggest you print out the address of the hotel in characters so that you can just show it to the taxi or bus ticket counter at the airport.

The hotel looks very modern from the outside (just as the pic in the website! ;) ), when you come in, the reception staff are oh so friendly and will get you checked in no time.

When I arrived, I didn't know they provided free coffee and cakes/biscuits at the cafe from 1 - 5PM, I arrived at past 5, so the kind concierge told me there were some cakes and tea/coffee left if I wanted to have some. Which I did. ;)

The room was very spacious and clean, and it is the same with the bathroom. Alot of toiletries are given which is always a plus I must say. I liked how with each room they give you a Lounge/Relaxation CD which had really good tracks on it, it all added to the ambience of the room I must say. Also, there was free wifi in the room and speeds were fast and stable.

Breakfast was decent and tasty and had a wide variety of things to choose from. The dishes varied slightly every morning. They also had an outdoor area, which most guest don't use. Its a nice garden where you can have your breakfast at.

The hotel is not that close to the nearest MRT station, but that said, it wasn't too far either, I would say around 7 - 10 minute walk from the hotel, in summer it could be a little warm that's all. But again, not too far to walk.

Staff were friendly and helpful as mentioned previously, they managed to help me write a few addresses in characters for me to show to the taxi drivers.

Overall it was my first time to Taipei and I had a great stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a great hotel at a reasonable price. ;)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trade_Mark_Traveller
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent "Ambience Experience" with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and incredibly comfortable. This feels more like a boutique hotel and deserves to be 2012 travellers choice. Stayed in the 'Elite room' Very large rooms and all staff were very professional and communicate very well in english. Breakfast complimentary was terrific and choice is great from Congee, asian soups, sweet fresh fruits to western style eggs and bacon, various breads/toast, various fruit juices they even cater for vegetarians as well.
large sculpture red bull sculpture and it looks rather like an up market day spa/sauna interior.

Bed was great no problem with sleep, build in wardrobe with lock and complimentary water bottles provided everyday - Bathroom was big and also offered a bath tub with all the amenities (toothbrush, sewing kit etc, body lotions and bubble bath powder for all business travellers. The toilet was like a Japan style with gizmo gadgets bidet system.

The location is close to MRT station within 5 minute walking distance, however it is far from Taipei main shopping centres. Taxi, however are plentiful along the streets and cheap.

Nice touches of friendly service was when we came back to hotel in taxi one night under typical Taipei pouring rain, one of the staff knew we were staying at the hotel and came to us with a massive umbrella to usher us into the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reggie L

Dear Reggie,

Thank you for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. We are so delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed our services while you were here. We do hope that you will recommend us to your friends and family, and look forward to welcoming you back at Ambience Hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I spent four nights at Ambience Hotel in Taipei, Taiwan in August 2012. I was supposed to leave for two nights and head south (to Hualien) for the middle of my trip but a strong typhoon forced me to change my plans. Ambience had room for me to stay and even upgraded me (for free!) for two nights so I wouldn't have to switch rooms. They felt horrible for me, that I was in town during such terrible weather. The rooms are nice - very clean and spacious (I stayed in an Elite room). The complimentary breakfast is also good - coffee, juices, rice, dumplings, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal. Great options. The location is near a metro station (10 minute walk) and cabs are always available. I highly recommend Ambience. It is a bit above my price range but worth it to pay a bit more for a good, comfortable stay. Beds and pillows are comfortable, too.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, choose the Elite room for a bit more money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Caroline F
SherryChang, Supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of Ambience Hotel Taipei and for sharing your experience in such extended details with fellow TripAdvisor viewers! We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Have a nice week and look forward to welcoming you back at Ambience Hotel Taipei soon!

Sherry Chang
Supervisor

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just stayed here recently for a business trip. The hotel is cool, kind of like a W hotel but it's really short on amenities (no pool, exercise room, etc) so it's more of a business hotel with cool interior. The exterior has light bars that change colors and can be considered "cool" or "cheesy" depending on your taste.

The Starck inspired rooms (keyword inspired) are actually very beautiful and the inclusion of cdplayer with lounge music CDs are quite a nice higher end touch. Bathroom very nice and big, love the shower+tub setup.

The location is average. It's next to a freeway overpass and it's far from the newer parts of the city (read: cleaner). No subway near by but the taxis are so overabundant and cheap in Taipei that it's a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Clyde M

Dear Clyde,

Thank you for your review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Regarding our location, there are 3 MRT stations nearby that are all within 15 minutes walking distance. Since you only stopped over for one night you probably didn't have the time to explore Taipei's famous Hua Shan Cultural Park and Guanhua Electronics Market on the way to the ChungShiao Xinshen Station, but we do hope that you will stay longer the next time you visit Taipei so you will find that our location really isn't that bad with plenty of places to see and explore nearby.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Booked this online and relied on reviews written by satisfied customers on TripAdvisor. Stayed in Taipei for 2 nights and loved this hotel. The room is gorgeous, super clean, super comfortable. There were 3 of us. Our 18 yr old daughter came along and they added an extra bed (for an extra fee, of course). The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was wonderful and very clean as well. Considering our room was beside the lift/elevator, it was pretty quiet. The hotel staff was superb. Everyone aimed to please and accommodated all our requests, with a smile. Kudos to the management. I would stay here again and would highly recommend this to anyone.

The breakfast buffet was amazing--lots of choices for everyone (Chinese and Western). My only complaint is the coffee. We like strong and flavorful coffee (Nespresso type) and found that even their Espresso was very mild and bland. I recommend they improve on this. Are Taiwanese not much of coffee drinkers? I'm wondering.

We didn't try to find the MRT station because we had limited time in Taipei so we took a taxi most times. It was totally fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Anaknilinda

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. We are so delighted to know that your stay was a satisfactory one and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Sherry Chang