Grand Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$135
US$104
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

The Riviera Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$126
US$114
Capital Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$117
US$95
Agoda.com
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$191
US$178
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch(Zhongshan District)
US$88
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Imperial Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$74
US$51
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$54
Priceline
US$73
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Via Hotel Loft(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
1,636 results
All reviewscorner roomviolinist playingfree afternoon teabirthday cardminute walktaxis are cheaplaundry roomclosest mrt stationstandard roomstar servicewonderful stayspecial thanksvisit taipeifantastic hotelbreakfast buffetstar hotelnice bathroom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Clean, Modern, Cozy and Comfortable. Everything is great except the location is a little bit hard to find if you don't travel by taxi all the time. But it's 10 mins away from Taipei train station and major subway stations. No bathtub for my room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Daniel X
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Should you wish to stay in a guest room equipped with bathtub, please make sure you book the Elite Room, Deluxe Room or Corner Room next time!

Have a great week!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at Ambience for two nights during a recent visit to Taipei, and I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. The room was exactly as photographed on their website with modern interiors and comfortable bed.

As mentioned by other reviewers, it's not close to the MRT station but within walking distance to shops and restaurants. And with taxis so reasonably priced, taking a taxi is almost as cost effective as MRT particularly with a group of 3 or more.

I would definitely consider staying here again on a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank lhooq19
SherryChang, Supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. We are so delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed our services while you were here. We do hope that you will recommend us to your friends and family, and look forward to welcoming you back at Ambience Hotel again in the near future!

Sherry Chang
Supervisor

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed at the Ambience for two nights on the way going home from Korea. Definitely a great value for money if a clean room is all you are after. The rooms are nice but not very functional with little space for a suitcase and chairs that arent exactly comfortable.

I had a deluxe room facing the freeway and it was very noisy even at night. The sound proofing was really bad, throughout the night I would hear the lifts going and also water flowing through the pipes from a level above.

Location is not the best, with the closest MRT station being 10 min walk away. Luckily, taxi is really cheap in Taiwan, you can get to 101 for less than $6 usd. However, be aware that taxi drivers might take you for a ride around the block before dropping you off at your destination.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Katrine_Chan
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Ms. Chan,

Thank you for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei, and we are very sorry to find that our accommodation did not meet your expectations. For guests who are more sensitive to noise, we generally recommend them to inform us in advance so we can allocate rooms on higher floors or facing away from the experessway. We also have ear plugs available upon request from the Front Desk. Please let us know when you visit next time by phone or email so we can make the proper arrangements for you prior to your arrival. Thank you for staying with Ambience Hotel Taipei and have a nice week!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed here for a week with my daughter's dance group from the US. The hotel was very clean and modern. The location was conveniently-located... an easy walk to the subway, a mini-mart and laundromat just down the street. The breakfast buffet was delicious, with a wide variety of Western and Eastern options. My only complaint about this hotel is that there is not a fitness center and I could not find a fitness center nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
SherryChang, Supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. We are so delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed our services while you were here. As for the nearest fitness center, there is a Chung-shan fitness center within walking distance. And we would love to show it on the map for our guests. We do hope that you will recommend us to your friends and family, and look forward to welcoming you back at Ambience Hotel again in the near future!

Sherry Chang
Supervisor
Ambience Hotel Taipei

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 25-27 July 2012 and I believe I took the Deluxe Twin Room for that duration.

Everything that you see in the hotel's website is just as it is in real. There was one review where it said that most taxis know where this hotel is, but apparently not so, but once you show them the address (in Chinese characters) they know where to take you. So for travellers who don't speak alot of Mandarin such as myself, I suggest you print out the address of the hotel in characters so that you can just show it to the taxi or bus ticket counter at the airport.

The hotel looks very modern from the outside (just as the pic in the website! ;) ), when you come in, the reception staff are oh so friendly and will get you checked in no time.

When I arrived, I didn't know they provided free coffee and cakes/biscuits at the cafe from 1 - 5PM, I arrived at past 5, so the kind concierge told me there were some cakes and tea/coffee left if I wanted to have some. Which I did. ;)

The room was very spacious and clean, and it is the same with the bathroom. Alot of toiletries are given which is always a plus I must say. I liked how with each room they give you a Lounge/Relaxation CD which had really good tracks on it, it all added to the ambience of the room I must say. Also, there was free wifi in the room and speeds were fast and stable.

Breakfast was decent and tasty and had a wide variety of things to choose from. The dishes varied slightly every morning. They also had an outdoor area, which most guest don't use. Its a nice garden where you can have your breakfast at.

The hotel is not that close to the nearest MRT station, but that said, it wasn't too far either, I would say around 7 - 10 minute walk from the hotel, in summer it could be a little warm that's all. But again, not too far to walk.

Staff were friendly and helpful as mentioned previously, they managed to help me write a few addresses in characters for me to show to the taxi drivers.

Overall it was my first time to Taipei and I had a great stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a great hotel at a reasonable price. ;)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trade_Mark_Traveller
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent "Ambience Experience" with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!