Grand Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$125
US$87
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Capital Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$102
US$85
Trip.com
YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Imperial Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$81
US$58
The Riviera Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$127
US$116
Priceline
Horizon Inn(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$45
  • Breakfast included
Via Hotel Loft(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Royal Inn Taipei Linsen(Zhongshan District)
US$101
US$67
  • Breakfast included
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$220
US$184
1,617 results
All reviewsviolinist playingcorner roomfree afternoon teabirthday cardevergreen laurel hotelminute walklaundry roomtaxis are cheapclosest mrt stationstandard roomspecial thankswonderful staystar servicebreakfast buffetvisit taipeiservice staffreception desk
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was travelling on business, and had to choose a hotel in a hurry, was shown a list of 5 hotels, and just picked this one fairly randomly, maybe it was because of this zero expectation (i did not have a clue where the place was in relation to town when picked) but I was very pleased.
I walked from the central train station, 15 minutes brisk walk but I knew it would be (there are closer MRTs).
Check in was very quick, 30 seconds maybe. I realized there might be a slight noise issue as there is a main road junction right outside - so asked for room change to a high floor - so they gave me a free upgrade to the top floor ! Room big, especially bathroom, decor "different" - very white almost surgical but it was all in good taste and it is consistent throughout.
Apparently no restaurant on site - no problem - there are many, many restaurants on the large street out to the left, several within 50 meters.
Breakfast slightly weird - instead of offering cereal, you get a violinist instead.

Room Tip: Ask for move to higher floor to avoid traffic junction noise, it got me a free top (11th) floor room upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear timmy_tumbler,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip to Taipei. It was a pleasure to welcome you and to deliver a satisfactory stay. Have a wonderful week and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My room was very comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and functional, and the staff could not be more helpful. Breakfast was terrific and the violinist a joy to listen to. Best value overall of any hotel I have stayed in for the last twenty years, and for my purposes, the location was great.

Room Tip: My courtyard facing room was very quite yet bright in the day time.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and on behalf of our team here I would like to wish you a very happy Valentine's Day. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Ambience for 3 nights 4 days while exploring a new country as a tourist. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. As a visitor who speaks very broken and limited Mandarin, I was relieved when I could ask where things were in English. The wifi was dependable both in the room and in the lobby and the bathrooms were large with a rain shower head.

The hotel itself is about a 1/2 mile walk to the nearest MTR station but its a safe area so even walking late at night I felt comfortable. It isn't really close to anything though.

Lastly, I wish the breakfast had a bit more variety. At some point I was craving "man tau" and soy milk but they only served congee, rice, eggs and ham. They did have a good veggie option.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel for the young and hip tourists, looking for a good value and a comfortable room with wifi, who aren't afraid of a little walk.

• Stayed: January 2013
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Cristina,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm delighted to find that you were satisfied with your stay and I will pass your comment about increasing breakfast variety to the kitchen for the chefs to know. Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to share your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here. It’s a trendy new hotel and the staff are friendly and professional.
The room was clean, modern and comfy. The wifi worked well. My corner room had a bath tub with a view over the city.
The breakfast was good. The friendly staff were happy to give me an espresso coffee instead drip coffee for free. I had a business meeting in the restaurant area, again all coffees were offered free. One morning there was a guy playing the violin at breakfast!
The hotel was changing the carpets on all the guest floors while I was staying here. I thought this would be annoying, but it was all done very quickly. Apart from the smell of glue afterwards, it wasn't an inconvenience at all.
I’ll stay here again for my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
TaipeiIan, Assistant Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us,but we are very sorry for the smell of the carpet. Please kindly accept our apologies.and we all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future! Best regards

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

- Good customer services
- Free laundry
- Clean and well maintained
- Room was a little small
- 15 minutes walk from the subway
- Basic breakfast
- Close to shopping
- Good wifi connection and desktop was provided at the lobby.

Overall, good value.

• Stayed: January 2013
TaipeiIan, Assistant Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for sharing your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. We appreciate your feedback ,and certainly hope that you will recommend us to your friends and most importantly, please do come and stay with us again next time you visit Taipei!