1,688 results
All reviews corner room violinist playing free afternoon tea birthday card creative park minute walk taxis are cheap laundry room closest mrt station standard room star service wonderful stay special thanks visit taipei fantastic hotel breakfast buffet star hotel
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked this hotel online via booking.com, after reading rave reviews about Ambience. Since the day I booked, the hotel staff have been very helpful in answering questions and helping to contact tour agencies.

I had to change my booking and the hotel staff were very prompt and courteous in handling the change. Prior to my arrival, they allowed my wife's luggage to be placed there, as she arrived earlier than me. Upon my arrival, our room was ready and all luggage have already been placed in our upgraded room.

Room was clean and fresh. They also provided baby cot for my little son. Everything in the hotel is perfect for a business or leisure travel. Breakfast was good, and the staff helped to point out items that I can't eat. Counter staff is ever willing to help with translation, calls to airline and arranging airport transfer. Thank you Mr. Ben and his team for their hospitality. We will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the roads are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear tsashi,

I appreciate you choosing Ambience Hotel as your holiday destination and I'm delighted to read that you felt the personal touch of our service during your stay. I have passed along your comment to Ben as well as our entire Front Office team who work together to deliver warm, friendly and professional service to our guests. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming your family back again in the near future!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Ambience ....as per the hotel name , no doubt is a comfortable business hotel for a traveler.

Nice rooms...clean corners , cozy clean breakfast and ofcourse computer market and an Indian restaurant near by are some plus points for travelers.

As some of my Indian customers were strict vegetarians I choose this hotel to let them stay and enjoy Taipei's hospitality.

They all were so happy and so am I with the hotel and an Indian restaurant near by Guanghua computer market known as Mayur Indian kitchen MIK-3.

As a Indian It was always a problem to find out good vegetarian Indian food in Taipei....but Mik3 is the best and their menu provides a huge variety of Indian cuisine with quality and service.

Hope to visit again ....very soon

FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear indianfoodintaipei,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with Ambience Hotel Taipei. I am delighted to know that you and your customers have enjoyed staying with us, as well as found the local attractions and restaurants nearby convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was travelling on business, and had to choose a hotel in a hurry, was shown a list of 5 hotels, and just picked this one fairly randomly, maybe it was because of this zero expectation (i did not have a clue where the place was in relation to town when picked) but I was very pleased.
I walked from the central train station, 15 minutes brisk walk but I knew it would be (there are closer MRTs).
Check in was very quick, 30 seconds maybe. I realized there might be a slight noise issue as there is a main road junction right outside - so asked for room change to a high floor - so they gave me a free upgrade to the top floor ! Room big, especially bathroom, decor "different" - very white almost surgical but it was all in good taste and it is consistent throughout.
Apparently no restaurant on site - no problem - there are many, many restaurants on the large street out to the left, several within 50 meters.
Breakfast slightly weird - instead of offering cereal, you get a violinist instead.

Room Tip: Ask for move to higher floor to avoid traffic junction noise, it got me a free top (11th) floor room upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear timmy_tumbler,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip to Taipei. It was a pleasure to welcome you and to deliver a satisfactory stay. Have a wonderful week and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My room was very comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and functional, and the staff could not be more helpful. Breakfast was terrific and the violinist a joy to listen to. Best value overall of any hotel I have stayed in for the last twenty years, and for my purposes, the location was great.

Room Tip: My courtyard facing room was very quite yet bright in the day time.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review of Ambience Hotel Taipei. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and on behalf of our team here I would like to wish you a very happy Valentine's Day. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Ambience for 3 nights 4 days while exploring a new country as a tourist. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. As a visitor who speaks very broken and limited Mandarin, I was relieved when I could ask where things were in English. The wifi was dependable both in the room and in the lobby and the bathrooms were large with a rain shower head.

The hotel itself is about a 1/2 mile walk to the nearest MTR station but its a safe area so even walking late at night I felt comfortable. It isn't really close to anything though.

Lastly, I wish the breakfast had a bit more variety. At some point I was craving "man tau" and soy milk but they only served congee, rice, eggs and ham. They did have a good veggie option.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel for the young and hip tourists, looking for a good value and a comfortable room with wifi, who aren't afraid of a little walk.

• Stayed: January 2013
FabulousDD, General Manager at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Cristina,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm delighted to find that you were satisfied with your stay and I will pass your comment about increasing breakfast variety to the kitchen for the chefs to know. Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to share your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!