Just Sleep Ximending
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Green World Hotel Zhonghua(Zhongzheng District)
  • Breakfast included
Taisugar Hotel Taipei(Zhongzheng District)
Ximen Hotel(Wanhua)
Roaders Hotel(Zhongzheng District)
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Zoo(Zhongzheng District)
View Hotel
Relite Hotel Taipei(Zhongzheng District)
  • Restaurant
1,497 results
All reviewsxi men dingpillow menulaundry roomximen stationximending shopping areatoilet and showertriple roomyogurtroom designspecial thankshotel lobbyfamily roomconvenient storereception counterconvenient locationcommercial buildingbuffet breakfast is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First the good: the staff was every bit as friendly and helpful as most other reviewers have noted. They helped us with requests and arrangements with speed and a smile. The front desk staff is easily worth a six star rating.

Then the bad: the room was not so great. Our room was quite small and in all practicality windowless. There was a window, but it opened into a corridor behind which was another window. Because of the corridor the curtains had to stay closed all the time. This is the kind of thing that should be mentioned when booking so one could opt for a room with an actual window that one could look out of. There was no night table, reading light, or power outlet on the other side of the bed. So no reading in bed or phone charging by the bed.

Also the cleaning left a lot to be desired. Through out our stay we found other peoples hairs on floors, in the shower and even in the bed.

For the price we paid I expected a much better room and higher standard of cleaning.

The breakfast was OK, but not great. Wi-fi in room was good.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a real window that allows you to actually look out.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This review is for my third and fourth stays at Just Sleep Ximen. (I decided to post a review for both stays since they were less than one month apart...and because of TripAdvisor's policy against posting multiple reviews of the same location within 90 days.) The hotel's location in Ximen, with its many restaurants, shopping, and movie theaters are a huge bonus. For me as a Westerner, I especially benefit from this neighborhood having more Western-oriented stores and English spoken.

Also, the hotel is literally just up the steps from one of the exits at the MRT (subway) station for Ximen. I think you go to the station's exit #5. However, you continue down the long corridor beyond exit 5 and take the steps that are at the very end of the corridor. When needing assistance, there is an elevator located some distance earlier in that corridor. Just look for the 7-11 that is located at a busy intersection and the Just Sleep entrance is around the corner from the 7-11.

More regarding the MRT, which I hope will be useful in finding the hotel: The Ximen MRT station is serviced by the green and blue lines. It's also worth noting that the hotel is walking distance from Taipei Main Station, which is the central train and bus terminal for the city. (Please note: If the weather is bad, you have a lot of luggage, or can't walk about 15-20 minutes, then it's not walking distance for you.) Also, a brand new MRT line just opened at Taoyuan Airport (TPE), which whisked us between TPE Airport and Taipei Main Station in about 35 minutes. The cost of the new airport MRT express train is about $160 NTD (~$5.00 USD). This is the most direct route by train between the airport and hotel. After about five or six stops, you arrive at Taipei Main, where you can transfer to the MRT blue line and travel one stop to the aforementioned Ximen MRT stop.

Although the location in Ximen is great, it truly is the hotel's staff that so many of us appreciate. The employees are fantastic, knowledgeable, and friendly! Walter and James at the front desk answered such a wide variety of Taipei-related questions on this trip. Wayne and Yvonne also made important contributions during my recent stays. I only speak a little Mandarin, but that's not a big issue at this hotel.

The breakfast continues to be a nice fusion of Western and Eastern dishes, so it caters nicely to tourists from Europe, Australia, and North America (and, of course, Asia)! Bella and Ken were of much assistance in the breakfast cafe. Hanna, Sandy, and others also were quick to help during my two recent stays.

The WiFi is also free and fast. By the way, the hotel also offers a daily pocket WiFi rental (for a fee).

On the second of my two recent stays at the property (my third and fourth stays, overall), I encountered a number of noise issues. I had some neighbors who were traveling back and forth between rooms nearby, visiting their friends at all hours. We complained to the front desk about this, once it was clear this problem wasn't going away. The front desk helped address the problem. Then, we had a family check in next door who let their kid scream and play until 11:30 at night (for two nights). After complaining to the front desk, they spoke with the family and had the kid finally be quiet. So, light sleepers should consider another hotel.

As with most good businesses, a company does well when it has great employees. However, a great manager is also often involved in successful businesses. The Ximen hotel manager, Irene, is very approachable and detail-oriented. She took time to answer some questions I had, even though she has many responsibilities. Thank you, Irene! When Irene was away, Jonny managed the operations very smoothly and even had the chefs prepare a Western breakfast for me on a few occasions.

I deeply appreciate how the staff at this hotel has always treated me like family, looking after my travel needs in another country, where another language is spoken. They had a "Welcome Back" card waiting for us upon the final check-in. Carol, another great staff member, had hand-drawn various sites from Taiwan on the card. What a great personal touch! Thanks again, Just Sleep Ximen!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 750chrisl
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff are very helpful, willing to go beyond what is expected. they will make sure that you get everything you need. Front desk personnel speaks english very well. I love the wifi rental, very cheap and fast internet. Special thanks to Jason Lzu and Eric, they really made sure that I get hypoallergenic pillows. On our last night, I was looking for a way for us to be able to shower before going to the airport for a late evening flight. Since we needed to check out in the afternoon, the front office staff were trying to find a way to accommodate our request and when they couldn't give any recommendation, they too were feeling frustrated. Those simple gestures really make a difference because it shows that they really are concerned about your convenience.

Hotel is located in a quiet part of Ximending and across the street is the famous and vibrant Ximending Street. Two blocks away is the Ximending night market where authentic Taiwanese delicacies are. Just outside the hotel is the MRT station and 7/11 right beside the lobby.

Snacks are complimentary all throughout the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
阿J捷絲旅, 總經理 at Just Sleep Ximending, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Just Sleep Ximending in recent trip to Taipei. Your compliment on the whole hotel is much appreciated. It is our pleasure to impressed you with environment and our thoughtful service We will share your comments with our colleagues, Jason Lzu and Eric. Your wonderful recommendation truly is our best encouragement.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It is my first time to stay at Just Sleep. Overall the experience was surprisingly good

1/ Location - It locates next to the Exit 6 of Ximen station front underground street. It only takes 5 mins walk to Ximen Station. Super convenient

2/ Room - Room is clean, modern & very spacious.

3/ Facility - they have laundry room for the guests free to use with.

4/ Service - All the staffs there are friendly and helpful.

I would highly recommend to stay with this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Caesar A

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Just Sleep Ximending in recent trip to Taipei. Your compliment on the whole hotel is much appreciated. It is our pleasure to impressed you with environment and our service. We will share your comments with our team. Your wonderful recommendation truly is our best encouragement.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been to taipei few times, I find xmd just sleep hotel is a nice hotel for those who want to travel around, I booked Hollywood room, the double bed is so big and comfy! Staff Wayne provide super good service during stays! Thanks! Btw, I love your tea pillow, I had good night sleeps throughout the stay!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gnile1
阿J捷絲旅, 總經理 at Just Sleep Ximending, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Just Sleep Ximending in recent trip to Taipei. Your compliment on the whole hotel is much appreciated. It is our pleasure to impressed you with environment and our tea pillow. We will share your comments with our colleagues, Wayne. Your wonderful recommendation truly is our best encouragement.