1,620 results
All reviews the executive lounge spg member rooftop pool pizza pub health club club floor shandao temple station business trip main restaurant government offices concierge desk premier room breakfast buffet is train station an upgrade fitness center upgraded to a suite
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Prior to my stay I've been reading the reviews and there seemed to numerous reviews of how the rooms are dated. But they couldn't be more wrong. I love the room! Spacious, clean and comfortable, I don't see why anyone thought it was dated. The bathroom was huge too! With separate shower and bathtub.

Location is perfect, close enough to most civilization (10mins walking distance to Taipei Main Station which connects to every form of transport within and beyond Taipei city) yet not right in the middle of all the buzz and noise. Nearest station is Bannan Line (blue) Shandao Temple Exit 2. It's stairs only though. If you can't climb stairs take Exit 1, which has escalators and just cross the road. It was super easy to get to the hotel from the airport too, Citiair Bus #1961 brings you there directly, stopping opposite the side entrance of the hotel. It's a long journey though, took me 1.5hrs.

Service was excellent. Jimmy who processed my check in automatically arranged for a room that I could stay thru all 6 nights (without me asking) though I broke up my bookings into 3. And he later chased after me when he realized that the key card was set wrongly so I didn't have to experience any inconvenience later.

Guest services was prompt and kind. I loved the fresh fruits that was provided as a welcome amenity and when I asked for an extra portion, they kindly obliged.

I will always leave a tip and a thank you note for the housekeeping staff on the first night of my stay and I'm always heartened to receive an acknowledgement thank you note in return, shows how much they really appreciate it. Most would just keep the money and be done with it.

Overall a wonderful stay and I hope to be able to stay here again whenever I'm in Taipei, barring costs :)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2018

the furniture in the rooms, lobby and other places seemed new or well kept like wood was Pledged. i didnt pay for the room. it was a suite but not sure if deluxe or executive. the pizza restaurant located in hotel has average food. it got a little compicated ordering water but i understand why all the questions- will the water be shared then we will give you a big bottle. if for only 1 person does do you want a big bottle or a small bottle? still or gas? give me tap, i'll survive. that ended the questions.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2018

We stayed here as a family of 8 (2 rooms and 1 suite) during the Chinese New Year period and did not regret our choice.

The location was very convenient, with a non-stop flow of taxis available at the entrance whenever we wanted to go somewhere. The room was spacious and clean, with both bathtub and shower facilities. The best part was the automatic toilet, which my girlfriend absolutely loved and was amazed with.

We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again the next time we visit Taipei.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Here I stay again. The first thing I noticed when I walked in, the Lobby furniture was all rearranged. It appears to be very few seats, scattered, and the arrangement seemed a bit awkward. The check-in process was quick, but, the receptionist failed to present what the Platinum benefits includes.
My platinum status was recognized, I was upgraded to a premium King size bed, where the room and the bathroom is a bit wider comparing to standard room, and that's really about it. The bed is on the firm side, and it is no where close to the luxury and plush set up that Westin's Heavenly Bed offers. Memory pillow is available upon request.
The fan is a bit noisy, but, it covers out the traffic noise ( Zhong Xiao East Road is a major street, and lots traffic noise)
The shower provides a good strong flow of water jet stream. But, the temperature fluctuates during the shower, which is a bit annoying, the problem went away the next morning.
The buffet breakfast is outstanding, definitely one of the best.
MRT station is adjacent to the hotel, which makes it so convenient to travel throughout the city, as well as easy access to the Taiwan Train Station. Overall, it's a nice hotel, well managed, my only complaint is the bedding. I hope they can learn from Westin, to update and upgrade their bedding, and I will give them a 5 star when they do that.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2018

Stayed 3 nights as part of a group. Standard sheraton hotel - well located and easy to find. Rooms were fine - the swimming pool was undergoing renovation but the sauna/baths were well worth a visit. Was noisy on the 16th floor so front desk moved us to a room on the 14th with no issues. Best feature was the earthquake proof feature - moderate quake (M5.3) on the 19/2 which caused the bed to move forward. No drama apart from that.

Room tip: Ask for a room between the 5-10th floors like the locals do (most earthquake proof)
Date of stay: February 2018