“one nite stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blanchardstown
Armagh
“one nite stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed along with my partner for one nite on a Bed,Breakfast and Dinner package.The hotel is very close to Blanchardstown shops and we got bus into Dublin as well.The room we had was on 7th floor and was excellant.We had dinner that nite in the hotel and found the food to be very nice indeed ,with staff attentive.Breakfast was also very good with a variety to suit everyone.Would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is great to see that all elements of your stay were positive, including the staff, the room and the food. I am delighted to see that overall yourself and your partner enjoyed your stay and would stay again.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Garret O'Neill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Polish first
liverpool
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The hotel is spotlessly clean, bang up to date and TBH one of the best I've stayed in. Took mum for 2 nights (mother's day treat) which fell on the busy St Pats. weekend. Despite the hotel being very busy (locals use it) the service levels were not compromised. Getting taxi's to and from Dublin proved variably expensive though, so instead of going back out after our tour for a Chinese as planned, the hotel was so nice we decided to stay in for a mothers day evening meal. I have tasted better food and also tasted worse but I have to say breakfast in the morning was quite simply the best I've ever had. I don't know if it was the irish butter the scrabbled eggs were cooked in or the sausage which I don't normally eat at home, could even have been the fresh sauteed mushrooms but whatever it was I couldn't wait for the next morning.

We had a bottle of complimentary water in our room each day and were given another bottle free of charge when we requested one. We also asked our waitress to fill our bottle up with tap water in the morning (for mum's pills) which she cheerfully did free of charge. Mum couldn't drink the complimentary little packet milk in the room either, so the restaurant supplied us with a free jug of fresh milk for tea in our room. Just saying.

Overall, a lovely hotel, but not for gettin in and out of Dublin.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your feedback in relation to your visit with us over the Bank Holiday Weekend. I am delighted to see that this was one of the best hotels that you have stayed in!

It is great to see that you received the high level of customer care that we consistently strive to achieve. I am sorry to hear that you cancelled your plans to go to a Chinese restaurant due to distance, but perhaps on your return visit you may visit a local Chinese Restaurant which is less than 10 minutes from the hotel.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future,

Wexford
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Saved up with wife for a weekend in dublin. Dont get to have many breaks away due to family circumstances so this one was special and we said we'd treat ourselves as it was our first weekend away in 8 years.
Hotel was magnificent - like a 5-star hotel. No matter how hard i tried to fault it, i couldnt. Place was immaculate.
We got an evening meal as part of our package - which was delicious. The staff offered us drinks with our meal, however to try and keep the cost down (took long enough to save up for this!) we opted for a glass of water each.
They gave us a bottle of still water but by two glasses it was gone. The food was delicious, cant fault it either. After dinner i asked for another glass of water and another bottle arrived. I just had about half a glass and left the rest (i only wanted a glass, didnt really expect a whole bottle anyway).
Upon departure of the restraunt, i was informed there was a surcharge of €10.40 on my bill.... FOR TWO BOTTLES OF WATER @ €5.20 EACH!?
WTF?? (i would mind, but i also left 3/4 of the 2nd bottle on the table??!)!

THIS IS AN UTTER DISGRACE. I have *NEVER* in my LIFE had to pay for a glass of water in an Irish hotel - and i have asked several people I know, who would be away regularly, and they were just as shocked as i was!
Charge for WATER??? TAP WATER?
Does Enda Kenny have shares in this place?

I was so delighted to get away with my wife for the first time in 8 years, and we were so stunned by the quality of the hotel, this really brought us both back down to earth with a BANG!
I still cannot get over this. I'm even annoyed now that we actually spent ANY of our money with this hotel, as they certainly dont deserve it - not if theyre going to CHARGE people for TAP WATER!
I have no doubt whatsoever those bottles are refilled and put in the fridge, it is all a big scam.
If it was SPAIN of somewhere, fair enough - because the tapwater i apparently 'not drinkable'... But here?!

There was no mention of a water charge on the menu and the staff certainly didnt say it when i asked for more. And then to think i left a small 'tip' on the table (along with 3/4 of my bottle of water?) has infuriated me.
I had looked at the wine menu, and we could have got a bottle of white wine CHEAPER than the two bottles of water!
Or even two Cokes would have been cheaper.....

So what can i say? This kind of spoiled our stay and i certainly wouldnt go back because of this - if you ARE going, bring your own bottled water to your room, and ask for soft drinks with your meal!
Who do these people think they are, charging €5.20 for a litre of water in all fairness??

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank securityman
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel on your recent visit to Dublin. I appreciate your feedback and overall rating of the hotel, I am glad to see that you found the hotel to be magnificent – like a 5 star hotel and that you found it hard to fault.

I am obviously disappointed to learn that having ordered mineral water that you did not anticipate the charge for your order to be as it was. This, I assure you is the average market price for this premium brand Italian Mineral Water. It is most certainly not Tap Water as suggested and we do of course serve all guests glasses or jugs of tap water with no charge. All our bottled mineral water are sealed and never refilled and are available as an optional purchase if ordered by our guests.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me here at the hotel, goneill@crowneplazadublin.ie
Dublin
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed here in December 2011 for my works Christmas party which was also held at the same venue. Absolutely first class. The staff are very efficient and helpful and most importantly (in my opinion) friendly! The rooms are bright, clean, modern and very nicely decorated. The food was delicious, if anything it's too nice! My Christmas party dress was not very forgiving ha! It was very busy as you can imagine but at no time did the staff let you feel they were stressed, running around after a load of merry party guests! We all had a brilliant night and wouldn't hesitate to book our party here this year again! Thanks Crowne Plaza, it was a genuine pleasure.

• Stayed December 2011
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Serena,

Thank you for your very positive review in relation to your recent stay and Christmas party. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed every aspect of the party and the overall experience of your visit.

It’s great to see that you will have no hesitation in re-booking for this year, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Ballyclare
Reviewed 21 March 2012

excellent two night stay, great location beside the retail park.
Lovely rooms with contemporary features.
Ate in the Italian restaurant, service, food and value all
combined to make it a great night.
Bus into central Dublin from outside the hotel, what more could
you want? Breakfast was lovely and parking free.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dublin-Blanchardstown on your recent visit to Dublin.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your positive feed back, it’s great to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including location, service, bedrooms and the food in Forchetta, our Italian Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Largo, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Just outside of Dublin. Got there at 6:00am;well of course our room was not ready.(My fault:I had miscalculated our arrival time into Dublin Airport.) Manager on duty could see we were tired from our Trans-Atlantic flight. Hotel was booked solid except for one suite! We were told we could stay in it till our room was ready.(2:00pm) We were not charged!!!(Now you don't think we have fallen in love with this place!!!??) Hotel rooms(yes,even our "Smoking Room)were just beautiful;as was the Hotel/Restaurant/Bar/Etc. One cannot say enough about THE STAFF;they rank at the top out of all the places we've traveled to! This was our first visit to Ireland and meeting "The Irish".(Who are some of the nicest people in the world!!) Because of our experiences with The Crowne Plaza,we are already planning a return stay for longer!!! This place is truely what a traveler needs to start a trip with GREAT EXPECTATIONS!!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful and quiet. We are "Smokers" and they do have "Smoking Rooms...
Dear Leon,

Thank you for your review in relation to your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dublin – Blanchardstown. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to see that you were happy with every area of the hotel and especially how highly you rank the staff. We are indeed very fortunate to have a great team here whom at all times aim to exceed our guest’s expectations. It offers great encouragement to the whole team that you have acknowledged this!

I see you are already making plans to return and we look forward to welcoming you back then!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a beautiful, clean, well kept hotel! It is about a 15-20 bus ride outside of Downtown Dublin area, but worth the stay. The only reason we chose this hotel was because I had free nights with points and I had no other choice, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review. I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your positive feedback. I am delighted to see that you chose our hotel to spend your well earned points in!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!,

Garret O’Neill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanchardstown
9.6 km away
2.8 km away
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
#1 of 1 in Tyrrelstown

Been to Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!