See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I stayed here for 3 days and there was no internet. They said it was free and hence no refund for any of the cost They said initally it was all out for many kilometres but then the rest of the area was on line and they said it was just them. They said their repair man was on holidays!. This is not acceptable. I am sure there are other people who could fix it but chose not to use them. I did not have a car so had very little choise. The staff some of them were quite rude. Tried to overcharge for the wine. The breakfast is very expensive but at least this part was in the adverised. I think it is false advertising and when a hotel said something is included it should be included.!

Room Tip: No internet despite advertising it as being free.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2016

Once again, beware reviews! I booked this hotel based on its location and recommendations from the "Rough Guide", and after booking I then checked out the Tripadvisor reviews. The TA reviews were a bit mixed, particularly about the restaurant, and I began to have second thoughts- not that it would have been any use, because I had booked a non-refundable room. We stayed two nights at the beginning of September, Friday and Saturday. The place is difficult to find- at least my sat-nav was very reluctant to recognise Plogoff or the Route de la Baie. But the location is truly spectacular. The hotel is exactly what it claims to be, a typical 2-star hotel-restaurant. I would even upgrade it to 3 star, given other experiences we have had in Brittany. Many of the reviews I had read, which were mainly in the French language, had been very critical of the hotel and especially the restaurant. I have to say that our experience was excellent. We dined there both evenings, and were served excellent food with good service. The seafood was exceptionally good. Perhaps the wines were slightly expensive for France, but the meal prices were very reasonable given the quality of the product. The room was entirely adequate, clean comfortable and with all the facilities one would require. The wi-fi was poor, with a weak signal and an extremely irritating log-on procedure, but this is a minor point.
Be aware that Baie des Trepasses is really a surfing beach- one of the reasons for booking was to be able to swim in the sea, but both days we were there the surf was too rough. If you are a surfer, this is paradise. For a walker, there are many pleasant walks nearby. Overall, this was an excellent experience and we got no hint of the reasons for the various complaints in other reviews. I did not like the hotel policy of a non-refundable booking (just for certain price offers, I think) The way it was presented on the on-line booking engine, once you make the booking there is no way to cancel without full penalty. Since I booked more than 2 months in advance, this seems entirely unreasonable.
However, once again- overall a great experience and excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2016

This was at least the fifth time we had dined in the hotel restaurant while we were in the area, but we have never spent the night at the hotel. The setting is indeed beautiful, located on the Baie des Trépassés, with lovely sunsets. The meals had always been good as well, especially the sole. This time we were simply disappointed. The setting was the same, the meal was as good as ever, the sunset was lovely, but the service was deplorable - very, very slow, and the servers didn't seem to have had any training or experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2016

We stayed at the Relais Hotel but had to dine at the sister Hotel de la Baie des Trespasses. The dinner we had was a very bad experience. The food was dire and the service was poor. When we complained about the quality of the food we were treated aggressively by the manager. No apology was offered. We had to pay the full amount for terrible food most of which we did not eat. We stayed at this hotel some time ago under different management. The food was excellent and service was first class. We were very disappointed.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grandad762016
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

Magnificent setting. Friendly and pleasant service. Clean and comfortable rooms with outstanding views, breakfast a bit pricey but as much as one can eat, plenty of choice, continental only. Would definitely stay again if in vicinity.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple