“Wonderful wedding weekend”

Moyvalley Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moyvalley
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here for two nights to celebrate my cousins wedding. It is a really beautiful hotel. Large ad modern with a touch of old from the original house.

Myself and 5 others were staying in the cottages of the hotel. They were adjoining the hotel and only a short walk across a court yard from the main hotel. They were big and spacious and had two bedrooms with en suites. The cottage provided full cooking facilities and were clean and comfortable. My only complaints with the accommodation was that the heating was difficult to work out so it was a while before the place heated up and we were not provided with an information booklet. The booklet had historical information about the hotel that would have been nice to read. I am sure if I requested one I'd have been provided with one. As I didn't request one it must not have been top important to me!

If you are requesting one of these cottages ask for a bridal suite that is where we were housed.

The welcome reception was in the breakfast / restraunt area. We were provided with sparkling wine while we waited for the bride and groom. The staff were organised and friendly.

The wedding meal was served promptly. We had chicken and mushroom volavont for starting if was nice but not hot. I thought it was quite cold. The next course was soup. We were provided with some rolls but not enough for our table of 9. The main course was a choice of beef or seabass. I had the seabass. It was delicious. The only issue I have is that the sides provided were not great. I don't eat vegetables and nor do I eat baby potatoes. There were no other options such as mash or roast potatoes and none of the staff were willing to offer me an alternative.

The function room was quite cold. We requested that the air conditioning above our table be turned down or off but for Sldomt reason the girl turned it up!

The rest of the night was extremely enjoyable and we partied on till the wee hours without complaint from any staff!

Breakfast was served until 1030am although, the hotel did continue to provide it until well after this time to accommodate the more tired and emotional of the guests! It was the usual cooked breakfast served buffet style and was nice.

The hotel cooked a BBQ (indoors) in the big house the second night. We had te hose to ourselves and got to have a walk around and check it out. The food provided was lovely and enjoyable and then we moved to the basement bar for drinks.

All in all it was a lovely hotel and enjoyable experience. I would stay there again ad recommend it to anyone conserving having their wedding there. Just make sure to request more variety in the side dishes!

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank Rachel O
There are newer reviews for Moyvalley Hotel & Golf Resort

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our wedding day was everything we could have wished for. A girl has an image in her head of how her wedding day should feel and look. Balyna House made my dreams come true. We got married on the 28th of Dec 2011, with a civil ceremony at the stone house on the grounds and our reception at Balyna House. We arranged our wedding from overseas and coming home to get married felt a little stressful, yet all the staff at Moyvalley from the first email to Lana the wedding coordinator 11 months before to the minute we were driving out of the beautiful grounds, everything was just as it should be, memorable & magical. All staff at Moyvalley were great from the word go. John the manager of the hotel is a lovely person and was so accommodating to us. The whole venue was spotless clean; the food was outstanding (all the quests commented). If I had to do it all again, not that I will , we are still happily married 5 weeks later, there is no doubt in our mind Moyvalley would be our number one choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alison and Carl G
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Attended a wedding here recently. The main hotel was a typical large modern hotel, on the upper side of average. The wedding itself was in the main house, and it's a fabulous venue for a wedding. We had a gorgeous dining room, which transformed into a dance floor for the band. Later, we headed downstairs for the DJ, and it was like having our own little niteclub. Not gawdy though, more like a cellar-bar, with whitewashed walls. The owner (or manager?) was particularly friendly and helpful, as was the lady on the reception in the main hotel. i would definitely recommend it as a wedding venue, but probably not for a weekend away, as it's a bit too quiet.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trinash
Reviewed 7 September 2011

if you are looking for a magical venue with incredible food perfect surroundingsand amazing staff that know how to make you and your guests feel special then Moyvalley is the place for you to have your wedding.
We had our civil wedding there in August in the stone house and our reception for 90 guests in Balyna house. Our guests stayed in the hotel and our family in Balyna house. They are right beside each other which means that there is no travelling involved for guests so all can relax and enjoy the stunning surroundings.
Balyna House is amazing, it will take your breath away and it has a suprise in the basement that all your guests will love. The dining room is transformed by the staff with really nice table settings and the food was excelent. All the staff, John Lana Thresa Christine Michelle Barry the night porter and all the rest really care about you and will make you feel very special indeed. It feels like a family operation and nothing is any trouble for the staff. They are there when you need them but not intrusive and really made our time there special. Go see it, you will fall in love with the place, just as we did and all our guests too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank ian d
Reviewed 18 July 2011

4 girls and I stayed in one of the cottages last Saturday night and we couldn't rate it highly enough !! To be honest I was a bit aprehensive about staying in the cottage because of other reviews I read in here last week, but what I read couldn't actually be further from what we encountered. The cottage was SPOTLESS, the beds were COMFY, the staff were EXTREMELY friendly AND helpful (especially Martha who came and gave us all manicures and pedicures in the comfort of the cottage, whilst lounging in our PJ's !!!!!). We had a lovely dinner that night (again in the cottage) and ate a warm and hearty breakfast the following morning !!!! 5 stars for this hotel - NO DOUBT ABOUT IT !!!!! :o)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Review16thJuly11
Reviewed 20 March 2011

When we got to the hotel we thought it looked lovely. When we went to check in the woman was nice and she told us that we were up graded to a deluxe cottage. We were trilled and when we went over to the cottage we thought it was lovely on first impression. As we looked around you could see that the cottage was not used in a long time. There were cob webs and the kitchen was not clean. It was also very cold. There was also a very musty smell in the cottage which made my partner sick. The next day we looked around the bedrooms and there were dead flies around. We were moved to the hotel and given a room there which was ok. But still very cold. I would never stay in this hotel again really was a horrible stay.

• Stayed: March 2011
11  Thank lizzy_Murphy
Reviewed 19 March 2011

My wife and I stayed two night recently and received a great Golf and stay deal for the two nights.Though the hotel was very quiet on the first night,the staff, and in particular Teresa the Manager,could not have done more.The room fitout was of a very high standard with beautiful stiff cotton bedlinen and lovely bathroom fittings. Breakfasts on both days were excellent. We had an after golf lunch in the clubhouse and that also was very good and what value. 10 euro for the burger, fries and a pint
speaking of Golf we had a game on both the New forest course which was good and also played on the Darren Clarke Championship course which was really excellent. The fairways and greens were in great condition and the course layout was very interesting.The practice facilites were top rate.However it was the clubhouse itself that really impressed.Clearly substantial expense was put into the clubhouse with the standard of fittings in the changing rooms and bar of the highest level.
Overall we had a wonderful two days and I cannor recommend it more.Sure there were a few areas that could be better like the variety of food available when the hotel is quiet , but for the value that our stay represented, I will allow them these few areas for improvement. Will I be bqck again?. You bet I will.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shadow69cork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moyvalley
5.9 km away
29.5 km away
The Court Yard Hotel
The Court Yard Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leixlip

Been to Moyvalley Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!