“Very Annoying!”

The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Please fix your jacuzzi. We have stayed 5 times in your hotel, the jacuzzi is really letting you guys down. The last 3 times we have visited we have been told they are waiting for a pump and that it will be arriving early next week. We attended a wedding on Saturday, the food was fantastic as was the service on our table - Bernie your waitress is a credit to the hotel. We arrived early just to use the outside jacuzzi but it was still not working, now bear in mind thiis is a problem that the hotel has had for the last 14 months. Will you be fixing this soon, even the guy in the leisure centre reccognised me and was embarrased having to tell me the same excuse this time round. Please, please fix it. I will not return untill it is and will ask next time i am making our reservation, we also always book directly with the hotel. Thank you.. just want to say that otherwise it is a perfect hotel! Keep up the good work!

1  Thank smg123Belfast
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Smg123Belfast,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and I have passed on your comments to Bernie.

We are delighted to say that the outdoor Jacuzzi has now been fixed. We have been waiting for a pump for the last number of weeks and this issue was totally outside our control. I have been at the hotel since November last year and I am unaware of the Jacuzzi been out of order during this time. However I have been informed by the leisure centre manager that during icy conditions the Jacuzzi may be out of use due to health and safety reasons.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor with your comments and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed in the hotel a number of weekends ago. I was with a group of girls. when i arrived i was told by my friends who had already checked in that i was going to be sleeping in a camp bed. i brought this to the staff members attention and i was informed that the hotel was full. the staff member suggested that i accept a late check out as compensation, i could hardly believe my ears, he wanted me to sleep for 2 hours longer on a camp bed, give me a break. he then suggested that i move with my friends to an apartment out the back, my friends had settled into the room and did not want to move i told him that i would go down to the room and take a look at the bed and come back to him. when i saw the bed there was no way i was paying good money to sleep on it, i would have preferred to head back to my own bed in dublin. if i was staying in a hostel on Eyre square and paying 30 euro this would have been fine but i was not and could not believe that i was being treated like this. it wasn't like i was asking the hotel to accommodate me on spec, my room was booked for months. i went back up to reception and told the guy that it wasn't happening. magically he was able to find an alternative room on the 3rd floor, having 10 mins earlier been full. obviously i accepted this and was happy to do so even though i was away from my group. i am firmly of the view that they were totally chancing their arm with me and thought i would just accept a camp bed for four star prices. the first room was really big and how much trouble would it have been to wheel in a proper single bed. anyway it left a very bad taste in my mouth and i would not return to this hotel. not a nice way to treat paying customers!

Room Tip: keep your wits about you at check in just in case they try to put you in a broom cupboard!
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Secured a great weekend rate for a self catering apartment for my three friends and I.

On arrival was pleasantly surprised at how luxurious and clean the apartments are. Warm and wecoming with attractive decor. Kitchen is modern with all mod cons however was lacking some essential kitchen utensils like a can opener. There is just enough cutlery and delph for four. Dishwasher was handy and all equipment was working and spotless on our arrival. The living area was comfortable with lots of natural light, there was a large flat screen HD television and phone in both the living room and upstairs bedrooms. A downstairs bathroom was another handy feature and I noticed an iron and ironing board were also supplied.

Upstairs there was a twin and double bedroom, beds were very comfortable, there was adequate storage and the bedroom balcony was enjoyable in the morning sunshine. The bathroom was clean but there was a bit of an odour from the drains and the shower drainage wasnt working properly causing the shower tray to overflow. There was a constant supply of hot water at all times.

The weather was so pleasant we were able to make use of the outdoor furniture and have breakfast outside on our patio, car parking was very convenient and the gardens were very well landscaped and maintained. Our neighbouring apartments were occupied by large groups of ladies on a hen but we werent disturbed at all by any noise nearby. The apartments are very soundproof.

We dined in the bar on the second night - the bar menu was disappointing and a little expensive, service was poor but food tasted good on arrival and was nicely presented.

Leisure facilities were enjoyable, couldnt fault the facilities and service. I enjoyed a morning of pampering in the Spa after discharge and am 100% happy with the service there too.

I would recommend the self catering apartments particularly at the great rate we enjoyed and will return again in the future.

Dear NuttyLaura,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel.
The self catering apartments are extremely popular, particularly for families and for groups of friends. Families find them a real home away from home while having all the facilities of a four star hotel on site. The green areas offer a very safe environment for their children. During the recent hot weather it was great to see that many guests staying at the apartments brought their barbecue units with them.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We are just back from a terrific mid-week break in the hotel. The bedroom was very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. All the staff members we met were friendly and efficient. We were there for a quiet break and at no time were we made to feel in any way rushed or hurried. Food was lovely and with bar food being served till 10 p.m. it meant we could eat as early or as late as we wanted to. Although we didn't avail of the spa, the facilities there looked fabulous and feedback from people we spoke to was that they thoroughly enjoyed their treatments. I'd have no hesitation in recommending the Johnstown House Hotel to anyone who wants an enjoyable break, near enough and yet far enough from Dublin city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We visited the restaurant on Mother's day as the bar had no appropriate seating left. We are family members of the leisure club and so are familiar with the complex. The restaurant menu is a rip off, with nothing special to offer for the set cost of €28. No imagination in the menu, food is bland and the service was very poor except for one really nice lady who was brought our drinks order from the bar. Cailin deas. The guy who greeted and seated up was obviously more interested in returning home the following day after 4 years there. He was clumsy and letting things fall and never asked us for a drinks order. I remember being in the restaurant before a few years ago and I now recall why I had not been back in such a long time.
Leisure facilities are good. However, the outside jacuzzi is broken more often that it is in use, the locks in the changing rooms need to be replaced. Staff are very nice here and helpful.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed here with a friend recently. We had a room with two single beds which was very comfortable. The bathroom was quite large with a very powerful shower and a separate bathtub as well. There was tea and coffee in the room and a TV with a range of channels. The position of the TV however meant that only one person from one of the beds could actually see the screen. This was due to the cabinet doors not opening back fully. The hotel itself is lovely though the corridor leading to our bedroom seemed a little grubby and worn. The swimming pool was nice though there were a lot of kids even in the swim lane and as a result I couldn't really have a proper swim. The jacuzzi was lovely though and so was the sauna and steam room. Be careful of tiles - they are very slippy as I nearly discovered. Breakfast was very good and the receptionists were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown Hotel. We consider all comments received to be an invaluable source of information on guest satisfaction. While your comments are very positive, please be assured that we will discuss those areas you noted that could be improved upon.

Once again, thank you for visiting Johnstown House Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I would highly recommend this lovely hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment in the grounds of the hotel. It was spacious with kitchen, living room and all mod cons. The hotel had a lovely spa. Breakfast was excellent. This hotel is in a quiet and peaceful area outside Enfield about 30 minutes drive from Dublin.
We hope to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our Residences' offer an excellent alternative to accommodation in the main hotel and are ideally suited to families.
Our Elemis Spa is an excellent facility which has recently been shortlisted for a number of awards Once again thank you for your kind comment and please be assured that I will pass them on to our management and staff.

Kind regards,

Odhran Lawlor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
16.7 km away
Hamlet Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enfield
16.8 km away
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to The Johnstown Estate Hotel? Share your experiences!