Dunbrody Country House Hotel
US$110
Agoda.com
US$145
US$141
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$153
US$128
The Three Sisters Inn(Dunmore East)
US$150
  • Restaurant
All reviewslocal pubtasting menukevin dundoncookery schoolfish and chipsoverlooking the gardenthe main houseupgraded to a suitecookery coursesmoked salmonuntil noonthe main dining roomhook headbar menuold houseafternoon teaa real treat
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Visited 26th Feb. using a voucher purchased on Groupon for one night B&B plus dinner, in common with a number of the other reviewers, standard rooms were not available and I had to upgrade to a suite. The room was lovely but very surprised as with a suite i expected at least bathrobes and a bottle of water in the room, there were none. The lounges downstairs are lovely and comfortable and ideal for a Sunday afternoon reading newspapers etc. My big disappointment was the dinner, at a set menu of €65,00 per person, I feel it is overpriced, starters and desserts are nice but nothing special, I had the lamb and it was delicious and the cheeseboard is particularly good, but apart from that there is much better available and better prices, I had lunch in Alexis in Dun Laoghaire on Fri and for €12.50 I had almost the same food and I would say better. The staff are lovely and friendly which is great but it seemed to me that they are not trained and possibly just casual staff doing a good job without the necessary attention to details.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna048
dunbrody, Owner at Dunbrody Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Anna048
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay at Dunbrody. Its always nice to see that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. Apologies that we were so busy on the night you wanted to stay. Having checked the records for availability around the time of your stay we were indeed fully booked on the Sunday 26th Feb because that was the last day of the particular 3 month promotion and due to the fact that none of our December availability was used there was huge pressure at the end and we could not accommodate everyone in the room type that the promotion was based on. Indeed we made every effort possible and even stretched the offer past its expiry date in order to accommodate the final few guests.
We hope you will come again and look forward to welcoming you back at a future date.
Kind Regards
Catherine Dundon

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I had a voucher for a deal with dinner included. I found the bill presented at the end very confusing. We'd had some extras but instead of just itemising those there was a load of data on the dinner, bed and breakfast elements with plus and minus confusingly all over the place. We asked for a brief explanation but it was rather difficult to get it fully explained. It unfortunately left a rather bad note on an otherwise pleasant visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank worklife

Dear Worklife,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We are delighted of course that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. Apologies regarding our billing system. A lot of our bookings are for packages that include dinner/cookery course/spa treatment etc and for accounting purposes all charges must be posted to a guests bill. However many are for room only or just B&B so we post all charges and those that are package bookings we simply deduct the charge and the invoice should state "Included in Package Booked" beside the deduction.
We have tried to improve the system but with 1 day, 2 day and 3 day packages with a variety of different things included we have been unable to find a better solution than the one in place. If you would like an itemised bill which does not show the charge/deduction we would be happy to do one up for you and send it on.
Kind Regards
Catherine Dundon

Reviewed February 22, 2012

It was expensive, and a bit Basil Fawlty. But that added to the charm for me. I remember a superb meal and the feeling you were a welcome guest in someone's house. When I left, I thought this is one I would go back to again. Unfortunately this has not happenned yet.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Origami_kid
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just back from a one night boards deal night in Dunbrody and definitely hope to repeat the experience again!
I was very apprehensive after reading previous bad reviews but thankfully our experience was very different. Friendly service throughout. Food was excellent, just simple food, emphasis very much on fresh food cooked well. We shared the beef joint for two and it was gorgeous. Atmosphere in house nice and relaxing. Lyric fm on in our room when we arrived which nicely set the scene. Overall felt cocooned away from the world for the night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Would say though that they need to look at their pricing structure. Too expensive if paying the full price rate they charge.
Can't understand the negative reviews on here so if you are going don't let them put you off, you will love it!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Sunlover092
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed overnight following a half day spa package. The spa package was a boards deal and was great value The spa treatments were excellent and the staff were lovely. It included a very tasty lunch. We decided to stay overnight and although costly it was worth it. A beautiful manor house decorated with a mix of authentic grandeur and elements of modern chic. Our room was a superior double with two double beds and a large sitting annex. The bathroom alone was the size of many city hotels. The staff were extremely helpful and efficent On the negatives the food and drink were greatly overpriced. The dinner whilst very tasty were extremely small portions and very costly. I once off treat Our pre dinner drinks were 16 euro each. The breakfast which was included in the rate was fantastic made to order with bread scones etc freshly made on the premises. I would definitely stay again but would not bother eating in the restaurant

• Stayed: February 2012