“absolutely fabulous, did not disappoint”

Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arthurstown
Reviewed 6 October 2017

To my delight my husband surprised me with a night away at Dunbrody house hotel for my birthday in September. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by a lovely lady in reception who checked us in and showed us to our room. We booked a suite which consisted of a bedroom, living area and huge bathroom. The room had floor to ceiling windows, lovely and bright, with opulent furnishings that added to the charm and tradition of this historic hotel. The bed was huge and so comfortable, we had the best nights sleep.
In the evening we went to the bar in hotel for a drink before dinner which was a lovely setting for a quiet relaxing drink, and again the staff couldn't have been more friendly. We finished our night in the local bar, just next to the hotel. This place is must if you are visiting Dunbrody, the bar staff are some of the friendliest I've encountered, there was a live band on the night and the atmosphere was amazing!
The next morning we both had a traditional full Irish breakfast which was delicious, one of the best we've ever had. A lovely walk around the grounds completed our stay. We will definitely be back, we would highly recommend this fabulous hotel

Sandra

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Celebrating our wedding anniversary for a one nite stay. We were upgraded to a suite. Enormous beautiful bathroom and sitting room. Unfortunately the stuffed chairs and sofas were all so low to the floor I could not get up out of them without help, so I sat on the bed or desk chair. We walked outside to see the gardens and chickens, but the gardens were sad, brown and raggedy and the chickens were not outside. The bar and bartender were nice, we read our books in the bar, as the sofas in the common areas were also very low to the floor. Dinner and service was absolutely spectacular! Very memorable meal. The bed was the best nites sleep we had in a month in Ireland, verrry comfortable. Next morning, we could not get hot water in our shower, so just sponged off. Breakfast buffet was varied and delicious, once again, service was pleasant and helpful. If we were in the area again, we would definately stop for a meal, casual in the bar or fancier in the dining room. Not sure if we would stay the night, but, oh, that bed, so maybe yes!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Sadly , the food was not good enough for this kind of price range. The service is really not good enough for this sort of establishment either, though they did try to be friendly. It was nice, but not that nice. There are much nicer places you can go for dinner and pay less. I will not be back.

Stayed: April 2017
3  Thank sian t
A TripAdvisor Member
Tramore, Ireland
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I am saddened to say that I was disappointed with both the service and food/beverages in this establishment. It took over an hour just to get a cup of tea. I really don't want to go on about the food, but surely you would, at the very least, not expect dried out cheese on a piece of limp lettuce to be considered acceptable in this establishment. I ordered a glass of wine at the bar. I was not offered a choice of wine as you would have in most bars. The glass was barely one third filled and I was charged €9 for it! To add insult to injury, my Dad was overcharged when he ordered a round. After pointing this out to the girl who had served him, she proceeded to give him the wrong change a second time. Maybe there was not enough staff here and that may account for the poor service. Some of the staff were lovely and helpful, in spite of the fact that they were run off their feet. Some of the staff were not so lovely and helpful. I don't think that I would be in a hurry to go back there again

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Spend a beautiful few days in Dunbrody House for a special anniversary. From the moment we arrived, everything excelled from the highest standards of food, accommodation and service. The personal effort each of staff was more than doing a job - it was a personal vision to make the the guest's experience the best. The personal attention of Kevin Dundon was a reflection of the 5 star standard of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiamHerlihy
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Have to say it's a long time since I have experienced such incompetence, and never at this price level. I just had the woman behind the bar be downright rude to me and refuse to apologise. I've stayed and eaten here before and attended the cookery school. Nice hotel but it can't compensate for the staff. Don't come here if you're expecting a warm welcome

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We had a bad experience with cancelling our booking. I had been in hospital for 3 months and my husband had booked a weekend at Dunbrody as a treat. We cancelled because my mother died and my husband fell seriously ill. We asked to move our booking to a later date; that was refused and we were charged dearly. I was shocked, the manager showed not an ounce of human kindness (altho the receptionist was lovely).
They have a very stringent cancellation policy that they apply ruthlessly. I think it should be compulsory for them to display their cancellation rules on their website, I could not see it anywhere. They claim they email the cancellation terms to you (after you've booked!) but as they misspelt our name we never got it anyway. A very cold hearted place.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank suemcwilliam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arthurstown
8.1 km away
11.8 km away
Granville Hotel
Granville Hotel
#2 of 12 in Waterford

Been to Dunbrody Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!