Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
Woodlands Hotel(Waterford)
View Hotel
The Haven Hotel(Dunmore East)
View Hotel
The Three Sisters Inn(Dunmore East)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewslocal pubtasting menukevin dundoncookery schoolfish and chipsoverlooking the gardenthe main houseupgraded to a suitecookery coursesmoked salmonuntil noonthe main dining roomhook headbar menuold houseafternoon teaa real treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited the restaurant in Dunbrody on a number of occasions over the years but have never felt moved to review. In part because I'm not much of a reviewer and in part because the quality has risen and fallen. On this occasion however I was impressed with everything, the food, the staff, the wine and the ambiance. I had scallops for starter, rib on the bone (shared and well worth it) followed by a cheese plate on the set menu. Everything was lovely, helped by a great bunch of friends, but importantly I was glad I'd dressed up as the occasion deserved it. I'd like to try the tasting menu next time which means I'll be coming back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aideen H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just back from two nights in Dunbrody. Worth it for the breakfasts alone but on top of that we were in a lovely, comfortable room, were looked after by fantastic, welcoming staff and had an excellent dinner on the Saturday night. I know I’m repeating myself but the staff really are outstanding. We felt like family members visiting the relatives for Easter.

Room Tip: The suites are lovely, country house style, not modern luxury so you’re getting character with comfort not jacuzzis and mini bars.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for two nights to celebrate our weeding anniversary. The food is excellent, particularly the baked lemon cream dessert. The accommodation is in need of major improvement. Our room, overlooking the cookery school was very small but clean. The bed was very small ( a basic double) with a very old, soft mattress. It was so uncomfortable that my wife slept on the floor on the second night. Completely unacceptable for any hotel, yet alone an expensive country retreat! This was our second time staying at dunbrody and it had really gone down hill in the few intervening years. We will not be returning.

2  Thank Neil T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the minute we arrived in Dunbrody House we were treated like royalty!
Laura greeted us at the reception and showed us our gorgeous room. She went through everything in our room to show us how they worked and told us where we could get some lunch in the bar downstairs.
At the bar we we greeted by Majella who went through the menu and gave us advice on where to go in the area and how to get there.

The spa treatment was fantastic, the staff were super friendly and both of us had the best treatments by Laura & Patricia.
Our dinner & breakfasts in the Harvest room were top notch.
We cannot recommend this hotel high enough, the staff, the food and the atmosphere are first class and we would go back tomorrow.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a weekend break at Dunbrody 23rd to 25th February. We were hugely impressed with all aspects. Our suite was superb, food exceptional, staff friendly and helpful. It delivered on all of our expectations. The local bar is a fantastic addition and a terrific alternative location for a quite local craft beer.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple