Riverfield Farmhouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsb btennis courtsmain roadnew rosshostsgoreylaura
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Of the many times we have been to Ireland, my wife and I have had no time we enjoyed more than our three nights at Riverfield. Allen and Gloria Proby are a joy - after only three days we felt as if we'd been with dear family members. Gloria and Allen are clearly people lovers and will help with anything you ask or need. Due to an injury just prior to our trip, my wife was having trouble walking, so we had questions about whether or not she could visit the Dunbrody, an 1840's style ship in New Ross. Had it not been for Allen informing us that the ship had a lift, we might have skipped this enjoyable tour. Gloria a fine cook, but Allen doesn't do too badly in the kitchen himself. (Be sure to ask him about his Lincoln Imps and look over his bottle collection in the dining room.) While it is always good to return to our real home, we felt fully at home at Riverfield and will miss the evening tea and buscuits in front of a log fire with the two people-friendly labs, Misty and Jessie, providing the entertainment.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I love this place, quite simply it's my home away from home. Warm and generous hosts, beautiful gardens and proper hearty dinners with a full fry up or cereal, toast (with home made marmalade of course) and juice for breakfast - or both if you want! There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere throughout the house, whether it's chit chats with the family themselves or other guests. All in all it's a proper family B&B loved by my kids as much as me - see you soon again Gloria and Allen!
Joan & Athon x

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have lovely view of woods and river!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My wife and I have recently stayed twice at this charming B&B
Wonderful, comfortable, and the evening meal was to die for, we both adore good home cooked food, and Gloria CAN cook. We were made very welcome on arrival and enjoyed the welcome tray of coffee and homemade cakes in the lounge. The room "snowdrop" was spacious, clean and very comfortable, with a lovely en-suite. Riverfield is situated in a pretty part of the country and would certainly be staying again when visiting Co Wexford

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed at this B and B in July, 2011. We found the bath had mold in the shower, the dining room chairs were wobbley and interaction with others in the dining room was somewhat restricted due to "assigned seating" each meal at separate tables.

Husband of hostess lacked social stills. Meals were awful, most things burnt; and watch out for the "surprise menu" for a dinner meal. Dried out ham and cabbage with potatoes. If they offer a meal or drink, you'll be charged. Ask about costs all along or be surprised when you check out.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank toddavis6041
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Having travelled extensively both with work and pleasure I have yet to stay anywhere that can compete with hospitalitity shown at the Riverfield farmhouse. Allen and Gloria Proby were exceptional in their welcome, warmth and above all service. The location is beautiful along with their home. I would highly recommend to anyone who wishes to sample the warmest of Irish welcomes to stay with the Probys. The farmhouse is immacualate and the food exquiste, I cannot appraise highly enough. Thier catered for 15 very tired cyclists who set off the following day completely refreshed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends