Review Highlights
Stop here!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sarah D
via mobile
Passionate, enthusiastic host. Excellent wine and balsamic vinegar!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from US$101.00
from US$93.20
from US$61.80
More Info
All reviews balsamic vinegar learning experience small winery tasting room wine tasting vinegars michelle bc
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the first stop on Island Time Tours and definetly our favourite. The unique wines, the family feel, and the passion from our host (Garry) was amazing. The balsamic vinegar is devine. Support local! Buy from our vineyards! You won't regret it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this tucked away, family run winery. They make all of their wines and vinegar from the grapes they grow and it is clear that they love and take pride in what they do. We shared a tasting and our host was very knowledgeable and fun. Will definitely be back and recommend to friends and family!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Dropped in on a recommendation from a BC native and not disappointed.
Shared a tasting which we appreciated as one was driving sadly!
Interesting wines really liked the mineral Sassi but came away with the winning Pinot noir. Would have bought more but visiting from uk and would be “forced” to drink it all here . Well worth a visit

vsnaturally, Owner at Venturi-Schulze Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Thank you, Rita. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

This is a small winery that produces world class products including wine and vinegars. The winery features their estate grown brands that are done with both science and art at the heart of all they do. The basamic vinegars are a national,and international, treasure...rare but oh so enjoyable! The passion this couple brings to the world is seldom seen but deeply appreciated by this couple. Thank you for your commitment to excellence...bravo!

Thank you Mark - so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

We came here for a tasting of both wine and vinegar and were not disappointed. Michelle Schulze (co-owner) gave us an in-depth story of the winery and its history. She took a lot of time with us and we got to taste several wines and two of their famous balsamic vinegars. Highly recommended!

Many thanks for your kind words. I'm delighted you enjoyed Michelle's passion.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I came as part of a wine tour with a group of 15. When we asked the woman behind the counter the cost to do a tasting, she said “it’s $5 a person and anyone that has a problem with that can suck it.”
Won’t be going back or recommending to anyone.

vsnaturally, Owner at Venturi-Schulze Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback. We had some communication via Facebook after your one star review there as well. Michelle sent you a private message and suggested it may appear in your "others" folder as it may have been filtered out. We haven't had notification that it was opened/read and we certainly don't want you to feel ignored. Here is a copy. Thank you again for touring the valley you live in. The locals appreciate the locals as much as they do others visiting from further afield.

Hi Jessica!

Michelle Schulze here. I’m so sorry my inappropriate joke about the tasting fee missed the mark completely.

To be clear and further explain myself (not to make excuses mind you), Marilyn took the phone call about arranging your group visit. She asked that you not arrive after 3:00 if possible, but to call if you were late. I appreciated the message about being half hour or so late and texted a confirmation it was still fine to come. So thank you all for that.

I was a little uncomfortable with the rowdiness of the group and could see that several people were approaching already being over served. I tried to get all of your attention three times to talk about the tasting fee. I wasn’t ASKED about the tasting fee. I like to let people know up front and I was unsure if the organizer had been clear with the whole group. Several rather rowdy and rude jokes had already been thrown around by your party so I mistakenly used my joke thinking it would fit in with the general party attitude being enjoyed by everyone to try to get your attention. I did say, jokingly, if you didn’t like the tasting fee you “could suck it up or.....” You left out the part about my suggesting you could share a tasting with a friend, (saving money and taking it easier on consumption) and the offer of a free balsamic tasting for those that wanted it, especially to the lovely glowing lady we were told would be accompanying the group.

I tried to speak a bit about us, and what we do, as we’re proud of our products and work extremely hard to make them. It was discouraging to be completely ignored, but I was understanding of the situation and did what I could to try and let people know what they were tasting. One gentleman asked me a couple of things and I did my best to answer, but it was very loud. And yes, we’re a small store which is why we often don’t take groups bigger than 10.

I also tried to get the message out that we’re a non smoking property, but that went unheard. I doubt it was ignored on purpose, but the smoke wafted into the shop and was commented on by our customers who came after. I was concerned with one woman and offered to take her outside to a chair and bring her water, but she declined. I had an entire glass of wine accidentally thrown on me when one of the ladies was gesticulating while talking to her friend. She didn’t realize it ended up all over my face, neck and shirt and apologized for knocking her glass but said she was glad it didn’t break. I didn’t point out it was chipped or that the wine ended up mostly on me as I didn’t want to embarrass her or make her uncomfortable.

There was a debate going on while I had poured the third wine about making it to Rocky Creek, but having an appointment at Blue Grouse at 4:00. It was obvious you were trying to get to a long list of places in a relatively short period of time. I offered the vinegar sampling again, including the $100 bottle. Four people took me up on it. I didn’t want to push it further knowing you had other places you needed to be.

Once again, I’m sorry to have been such a disappointment to you all and I’ll strive to restrain myself in such cases if they arise in the future. I hope the rest of your day was five stars. We live in a truly unique and beautiful place.

If you change your mind and would like to come back and visit in the future, perhaps with a smaller group, just let us know. I can arrange for another person to conduct your tasting if you’d like. And of course, I’d make sure your tasting fee, shared or not, is waved.

Most sincerely,

Michelle Schulze
Assistant Winemaker

Reviewed July 19, 2017

The learning experience was great by our Host who was super passionate about the explaining the wines of this small winery. Each type of wine was carefully described on how it's prepared and the tasting was wonderful. Then came the other best part, tasting their balsamic vinegar and home made jams with balsamic. Absolutely lovely and delicious. Couldn't resist buying a few items here. Will come back hopefully soon.

vsnaturally, Owner at Venturi-Schulze Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you - I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed May 10, 2017

My husband and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary in BC from Scottsdale, Arizona and stayed in the Cobble Hill / Cowichan Valley area. We visited many of the lovely wineries in the area but BY FAR our best experience was with Michelle at Venturi Schultze. Not only were the wines far superior then the so called 'big labels' in the area with the fancy buildings and friendly yet sterile staff but the hands on personal attention and learning experience we had at this winery with Michele was charming and a true highlight of our day!

I'm a true foodie and wine lover and you can tell that yeah they don't have the fancy multi million dollar tasting room because they spend their energy and time focusing on making the best possible product with love from the heart...you can just taste the passion in every drop! And the vinegar and jams are just icing on the cake. Michelle thank you for taking such good care of us. Your over 30 years experience shows through in the taste and your dedication to what you do and the stories are well...priceless. We hope to visit the area again soon and when we do we'll be sure to stop by.

1  Thank mrsruusvuu
vsnaturally, Owner at Venturi-Schulze Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Thank you for the kind words. I agree - Michelle Schulze is awesome, and I'm not just saying that because I'm her mum ;)

Reviewed April 30, 2017

My first visit to the winery was on a bus filled with12 beautiful ladies and we were all very satisfie leaving this winery!

Great wine (the bubbles are amazeballs) and the host, Garry was fantastic! He was entertaining and knowledgable, he made the experience one to remember. We loved his enthusiasm. I've already been back to purchase more pink bubbles and am looking forward to tasting more from this great winery!

Garry told me about your group and how much he enjoyed your enthusiasm. Thanks for returning for more bubble - the Brut Naturel Rosé 2014 is one of my favourites, too ;)

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

The wine was off the hook but more amazing was the balsamic vinegar. Must try this! The jam with balsamic was great too! Thanks, Tony and Erin, Portland Oregon

Thank you, Tony and Erin - so glad you enjoyed it!