Review Highlights

from US$85.77
from US$66.90
from US$159.10
More Info
All reviews ride horses beginners riding forest
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Was staying with relatives in the area and the reviews looked good, so booked myself a 2hr ride. I have my own horse, but was aware that the group would be mixed, but wanted to experience Western riding. The owner put me on a horse who she said was difficult to handle and to keep him away from the others and to ensure I was 'in charge'. We left the stables and had to cross a busy highway to get to the mountain. The ride was then basically go up a mountain traversing narrow steep paths which, in some cases, would have been difficult for a human, then downhill. My horse was barefoot and I felt he was footsore as he did all he could to keep on the soft dirt and away from the road surface & stones. We were in the forest so there were no real views and could hear the traffic from the highway. I had no problem with my horse as all we were doing was a very slow walk and as he didn't really want to walk, he was not difficult. All in all I was disappointed and bored, I expected a bit more, I know the leaflet said the ride would be around the base of the mountain, but I did expect more views and a bit more flat riding, fine for beginners as long as they don't mind going up and down hill, but if you are experienced and wanting to experience riding in another country and looking for a bit extra and a 'proper' hack, then go elsewhere. I was offered the 3hr hack which apparently takes you to the top, but couldn't justify spending the money.

4  Thank JAM103
Reviewed June 25, 2017

My spouse is an advanced beginner rider and the other person who went with her is a beginner. The experience was very positive. The horses were excellent as was the staff they interacted with. The grounds/stables were of high quality in good repair.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed December 16, 2016

We have done many trail rides as a family and as a couple in the states and other countries. This company was easy to deal with and had a selection of trails. We took the trail in the old growth forest area and found it to be beautiful with the moss covered trees, ferns, and the tall trees. The ride was easy with uphill and downhill trails with many stream crossings. Even, in late November it was not too cold here to ride. We are from Minnesota so it was warmer than what we experience at home. Katie was a good guide and showed off the natural beauty of the forest.

2  Thank Cake-eater99
Reviewed February 16, 2016

I found this place from the internet. Me and my wife wanted to visit this place and had some riding. They offered guided trail rides from 1 to 3 hours. We did the inspiration ride up the hill. Molly and Splash were our rides and they were great companions!

This experience was much better than our first in the Golden Ears Park. Staff here are very friendly and helpful. This is only our third time riding and no previous experience is necessary. Visitors should check this out.

3  Thank Shiva_Dragon