““Left speechless and wanting more 5*”
award winning mattress
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
award winning mattress
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Tazzy02
““Left speechless and wanting more 5*”
Reviewed July 28, 2020 for a stay in July 2020

Myself and my partner wanted to get away for a long weekend. Lauren had found this absolute gem on line and showed me which I instantly said book. This tucked away Secret is surrounded by woodlands and lakes which you can fish, endless wildlife and the odd kingfisher a stone throw away from your tent. We arrived Friday evening and had the most warm and welcoming welcome from Sarah. We were then showed around the grounds and was familiarised with all the facilities. Sarah had made our tent really homely and had local beers on arrival, chilled which was organised by Lauren. We had settled in and made dinner on our camp kitchen just outside the tent. The following morning we went for a shower and had a great honour in meeting Sarah’s Husband Danny. Lloyd’s Meadow will leave you breathless with it’s beauty and the owners will leave you speechless with their “OUTSTANDING” hospitality and there warm welcoming and leave you feeling that you have known them for years. Nothing was too much trouble and they were able to direct us to some lovely local spots to explore. It was extremely clean and tidy and well kept and COVID guidelines met. Defiantly would recommend a fire pit for a late night glass of wine and watching the stars. We couldn’t show enough gratitude towards them or even show how impressed and touched we were for making our break away just that more special than it already was. Sarah and Danny we couldn’t thank you enough and we will definitely be back for our holiday and can’t wait to meet you both again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Emmalangr...
“Glamping”
Reviewed July 24, 2020 for a stay in July 2020

Just got back from having an amazing 3 night stay. Drove over 4 hours to get here and our first word was wow. Never been glamping before but will definitely be back again. Very spacious and very comfortable. Cleaned to a very high standard and you couldn’t ask for any more from the owners as they are such a lovely very friendly couple. Great toilet and shower facilities and the most picturesque place we’ve been to in a long time.covid 19 did not affect our experience there one bit and couldn’t recommend this venue enough. We really hope more people stay at venues like this as they are so beautiful in every way. Can’t wait to go back next year.

Date of stay: July 2020
Biaggio F
“A picturesque retreat to unwind and enjoy the local wildlife, that stands out from other Glamping sites.”
Reviewed September 9, 2019 for a stay in September 2019
person found this review helpful

Myself and my fiancee have just recently returned from a visit to Lloyds Meadow Glamping and we already can't wait to return once the site reopens for the next season in 2020.

We arrived after a long, tough week at work on the Friday evening to a warm welcome from Sarah and Danny who provided us with a scenic tour of the site and its facilities. We were both absolutely gobsmacked at how beautiful and well kept the whole site was.

We arrived to our Bell Tent which was situated at the very back of the site next to one of the 4 lakes. This tent was completely secluded from the others meaning we had complete privacy. There wasn't any point during our stay we could hear anyone else on the site. At points it felt like we was in the middle of nowhere with nobody for miles around. It was exactly what we needed.

The inside of the tent was beautifully presented. Comprising of a "proper" double bed (I say "proper" because a lot of Glamping sites I've been to either have cheap sofa beds, or beds made of ply wood... which just don't support my muscular frame ;-) ) and an unbelievably great mattress. I suffer with ongoing back problems and anticipated not being able to walk properly by the end of the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to find that on both mornings, my back felt fantastic. Sarah was kind enough to point me in the direction if where she purchased these mattresses. The 12 tog feather duvet felt like it was going to be overkill..... how wrong I was. Each night (September), the temperature dropped at night considerably. I couldn't have been more thankful for the protection against the elements that this duvet provided. Overall, it was a pleasurable sleeping experience. I slept heavily enough to not be fazed by my partners incessant snoring, tossing, and turning :-D The tent is also decorated with beautiful (and I'm told ethically sourced from India) cotton Chindi rugs, battery powered lanterns, and some scene setting battery powered tealight candles.

Outside of the tent, there is a wooden table and chairs. We spent the majority of our stay sat right there. The view from our tent was simply breathtaking. The lake was full of fish jumping from the depths to catch its next tasty fly, while the ducks patrol ensuring the fish don't get too greedy ;-) We was also treated to a family of Kingfishers completing laps the lake (apparently birdwatchers have spent hours attempting to spot them.... they must have liked us). And most impressive, was the family of Herons/Pterodactyls that were nested a few trees up the hill from our tent. We sat for hours enjoying the sounds while completing our Jigsaw and enjoying a couple of drinks.

The morning after our first night, we had the breakfast hamper that Lloyds Meadow Glamping offer. Again, WHAT A TREAT!!!! The hamper is made up of locally sourced products, ranging from Cheshire Oak Bacon and Traditional Pork Sausages from Baker & Roberts Craft Butchers, to a bottle of Apple Juice from Ollie's Orchard (Genuinely the best apple juice I've ever had). The breakfast sandwich (Bacon, Sausage & Eggs) was simply orgasmic. You may think I'm exaggerating but I challenge you to try this hamper and tell me any different!!! When I next visit I'll be asking if it's possible to buy some of the hamper separately to bring home!!

On the second night of our stay, we opted to use a fire pit provided by Lloyds Meadow Glamping. This was the last beautiful touch to our stay, being able to sit out for the whole evening (it did turn very cold), listening to the wildlife, looking up at the amazing sky (the light pollution is so low here that you're able to see so much, it's breathtaking) and again, enjoying a couple of drinks.

They have recently installed new toilet and shower blocks of which are kept clean throughout the day thanks to the owners living in a beautiful house within the grounds.

The Glamping venture at Lloyds Meadow was only born this year. It was nice to see that Sarah and Danny have taken onboard the positive feedback from their visitors by implementing ideas that have been put to them (installing mirrors by the sinks while we were there).

Sarah and Danny are both very hospitable and were both very keen to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. They succeeded!

We will be back!

Date of stay: September 2019
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
11 Sep 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, we really appreciate that and cant wait wait to see you back next year.
Sarah & Danny
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.