Kings Landing Hotel(Clifton)(Great Value!)
US$95
Carriacou Grand View(Carriacou Island)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$75
US$309
US$280
Canouan Estate Villas & Residences(Canouan)(Great Value!)
US$1,455
HotelsClick
Mandarin Oriental, Canouan(Canouan)(Great Value!)
US$1,300
Mandarin Oriental
Firefly Mustique Hotel(Mustique)(Great Value!)
US$695
US$158
Bequia Beachfront Villas(Friendship)(Great Value!)
US$402
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
US$203
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

US$50
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach barthe cottagesroom serviceprivate islandlobsteratlantic sidetobago caysearly morning coffeeunion islandtotal privacymosquito coilsday sailrobinson crusoethe reefswater shoesquick tourmagical experience
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed for one week and even got married there. A quiet and dreamlike venue. Our bungalow was comfortable and rustic elegant. We enjoyed fresh meals including lobster and fish. The service was impeccable, the new owners very hospitable and welcoming. The scenery in the Grenadines is gorgeous, the water clear and warm. What more can you ask for!?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Zianne
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I agree with everything the other reviewers said regarding the upgrade to the cottages. It is nothing short of remarkable and the new owners should be complemented on more or less saving the facility.
On the other hand, the reviewers must not care about food or peacefulness as much as I do. One must remember that when your guests are captive on a beautiful island you have a responsibility to make sure the food is as memorable as the locale.
While some of the meals were fantastic, by and large the food was not properly prepared and it was uncreative. For example the market vegetables associated with our dinners for six days running were broccoli, green beans and carrots. We also saw the same vegetables at breakfast in the fish stew. Clearly, the beach bar was an effort to attract boaters to the island and it shows. The beach bar is only open for lunch and the menu, while nice, is limited. This is not a problem if you are having lunch there once or twice, but if you are there for two weeks you will be having lunch 14 times and the menu becomes repetitive. The food at the beach bar was well prepared and we enjoyed the food there. However it required leaving the beach for an hour and a half or more in the middle of the day. You cannot get food from the beach bar using room service.
The lunch buffet at the old restaurant, which made for a wonderful, quick lunch, is gone. If you want to eat at the old restaurant or order room service for lunch, the menu is extremely limited to sandwiches, burgers and fries (frozen) tomato soup and the like. Last year when we were here for two weeks, we didn’t eat one sandwich, nor spend more than an hour walking to/from lunch and eating. It seemed to us that once they had us there, they didn’t seem interested in the food they were serving us, since our food was included in our fee. On the other hand, the beach restaurant was trying to get people to pay for a meal off the “street” (boaters) so that they were more interested in making sure that they were serving quality food there. It was a terrible decision to make every day. Do we want to have a good lunch and give up a few hours of beach time or get quick, boring food from room service?
Dinners were a mess. It’s like playing roulette. While some of the dinners were good (keeping in mind the vegetable issues} at times the dinners were just horrible. My partner ordered fried shrimp one evening and the shrimp were perfect. Then the chef put them in a sauce, which made them soggy and paired them with four steamed, plain broccoli florets arranged around a lump of plain steamed rice. It was impossible to guess what might be good from day to day, so if you ordered the wrong thing you lost at roulette. (Sometimes the spectacular food was on the same plate as the awful food.) Often there would be no starch served with the entrée. In the main the fish was over cooked. I could really go on and on about the food, but the main thing you should know is that the food is a significant downgrade from the past. Last year, we raved about how wonderful the food was and couldn’t wait to see the dinner menu. This year we raved about how awful it was.
The wine list is limited and expensive. Drinks are priced on par with a hotel in the US, which is fine if you are spending $200-300 an night for a room. When you are paying $900-1400 a night however, and are captive, it seems to us that this is borderline price gouging. (Speaking of price gouging, free laundry is gone and replaced with the most expensive laundry service I have ever seen this side of the Ritz Carlton. $10 for a pair of pants.)
The staff is stellar as always and made our stay so enjoyable, even as we were complaining about the food to each other. They are really a remarkable group. They make you feel like you are the most important person on earth. We did not have one negative encounter with any of them.
Finally, the construction continued throughout our stay, primarily related to building the owners house. There was also significant heavy construction on the west end. It was very difficult to take walks around the island, because it was so torn up and the sound of bulldozers, beeping trucks and such really detracted from the peacefulness. For those of you that have been to PSV before you should know that a significant amount of the foliage there is being removed. Some may think this is an improvement, others may not. I just think you should know that the wild, natural feeling is changing to a more sanitized version of paradise. We started to say they were Disneyfying the place.
In summary, even though we were returning guests it is unlikely we will be going back. We felt somewhat exploited in that it seemed as though once they had our money, they were no longer concerned about making sure that the food was good, that the drinks were reasonable and that we had a nice peaceful stay, free of noise, busyness and inconveniences from construction.
Maybe we are just too fussy but at this price point I believe we are entitled to be a little fussy. I really want PSV to succeed. It is a wonderful place. The original owners had such a vision for the place. I was hesitant about writing this review but I am a long time user of trip advisor and I rely on the honesty of my fellow reviewers. I believe I owe it to my fellow travelers to be honest as well.
Apropos of nothing we walked all over the island when we were there and neither saw, heard or smelled a chicken. Coming from a rural area it is hard not to see 200 chickens. BTW the chef is Swiss not Belgian. Just FYI.

Room Tip: They are all unique and all good.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
75  Thank cltizen
Eugen B, Communications Director at Petit St. Vincent Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thank you for your return visit to Petit St. Vincent and we are glad you found the cottages, staff, service and the island overall improved. We are committed to our guests' comfort and are striving to ensure everyone's experience on the island is nothing short of excellent. Your feedback prompted some changes that we trust would address the main concerns you raised:

1. we expanded the beach restaurant menu to be available for room service anywhere on the island;
2. the owner's house construction is completely finished;
3. there is an ongoing landscaping and planting program that does not interfere in any way with guests' experience and will increase the amount of trees and flowers on the island.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I've visited PSV twice. My first visit, in 2009, when the island was under different management and prior to the substantial renovations completed in 2011, was good but it wasn't truly 5-star then. My second visit, with my wife in November 2011, with PSV under new management and after a well-done refit, was just about perfect.

When I visited in 2009, I had two complaints. First, the rooms were a little run down and in need of air conditioning. This issue has been fully addressed, and then some. Noiseless a/c units have been added to each room, and each room has undergone substantial renovation including new doors, furniture, floors, fixtures, showers, etc. The rooms are simple, tasteful and comfortable.

Second, during my first visit the food was sub-par and definitely not in keeping with a high-end resort. This issue has also been rectified (new chef and better quality control). Every meal we ate during our most recent visit was truly excellent. A few creative dishes - I remember a duck spring roll and an escargot ravioli in particular - were mouth-watering.

There are some other notable and welcome additions since my first visit. My favorite is the beach bar/restaurant, which is completely new (although it has a lived-in feel) and extremely well done. The bar is the kind of place where you can enjoy the company of a large lively crowd - something about it is conducive to conversation - but you can also very easily slip off to a more quiet area nearby. The beach restaurant has a great menu, great views and is a relaxing setting for lunch.

I also noticed, throughout the hotel, a higher level of customer service vs. my earlier visit.

They also built a nice spa (you can also do an in-room massage) and a new gift shop with a larger selection of items.

The island itself is idyllic. It's big enough to give a sense of adventure and offer plenty of privacy when you want it. Exploring the island is fun - you can climb its large hill or walk the perimeter on the beautiful beaches which must cover 75% of the coastline, where you'll see giant collections of conch shells washing up on the beach, beautiful vistas of the sea and neighboring islands, jagged cliffs with waves breaking on them. They've sprinkled little huts here and there on the beach where you can privately and very quietly read a book or take a nap.

The whole island is like what they're trying to sell in one of those Corona beer commercials. Fun, relaxed, peaceful, one-of-a-kind, first class. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Charles S
Reviewed November 6, 2011

As owners of a vacation rental property in the Virgin Islands, my wife and I were somewhat expecting a similar experience to what we offer our guests - great views, natural beauty and reasonable amenities (for the Caribbean).
One must understand, typically 5 star accommodations in the Caribbean are more like 4 stars elsewhere. The improvements on PSV, made by the new owner, voids that expectation. This experience was 5 star plus.
Once we booked our stay and gave the PSV Florida office our itinerary to Barbados, they made the arrangements for the short plane and launch ride to complete the trip. We were pleasantly surprised upon deplaning in Barbados, to be warmly greeted by a PSV staff member who was holding up a sign with our names. She escorted us through customs and then to the waiting plane.
Fifty minutes after take off, we landed in Union Island, where PSV representatives greeted us, fetched our luggage, then drove us in a "stretch" golf cart about 5 minutes to a 40 plus foot PSV launch. More PSV staff met us on the dock, this time with drinks and hors d'oeuvre. Aboard the boat, we enjoyed the sunset and started to relax as we made our way 30 minutes, or so to the PSV main dock.
As the boat pulled up to the dock, a welcoming party greeted us, handed us frozen drinks, gathered our luggage and pick us up in these cool little restored cars called "mini-mokes". We were then given a quick tour and driven to our individual cottages. When you book, you have a choice of being directly on the beachfront or high on a hill overlooking the sea. Both have advantages. Better sight-lines from high on the hill or being steps from a private beach from the beach-front cottages. Since our property in St Thomas is high on a cliff overlooking the sea, we chose to be directly on the beach in cottage 15. The cottages have stone walls (built from stone found on island), vaulted ceilings, separate Living/Dining/Bedroom areas. Sheets were high thread count and towels were large and thick. We also had an outdoor dining area, teak chaise lounge chairs, thatched umbrella and hammock next to the sea. There is no tv, but the cottages have Bose sound systems (iPod ready) as well as fridges. There is a flag system outside to summon staff for anything you want from room service to a ride to the beach bar or raise the red flag for total privacy.
Guests can have total privacy and not ever see another guest by having all meals delivered to their cottage or eat at the main restaurant or beach bar.
With the food being "all inclusive", we were thinking we would be served meals somewhat better than what we would receive on a high end cruise ship. That was not the case. PSV has a new Belgian chef, formerly executive chef from Cotton House on Mustique. His food is unbelievable! From the fresh fruit salad and eggs Benedict, I had for breakfast, to the various, interesting ways I had lobster and locally caught snapper and mahi-mahi- I didn't have a single mediocre meal. Most vegetables are grown on island. The eggs are hatched on island from the 200 chickens raised there. The bars are well stocked, in addition to a huge selection of wines and champagne from their wine cellar.
One interesting difference, I noted, between locals here compared to locals in other parts of the Caribbean is their friendliness. Even as we were transported on Union Island from the airport to the launch, locals smiled and waved as we were whisked by. The PSV staff (about 60 of whom housed on-island) were also genuinely friendly. The smiles and greetings were not "forced" or what I call "Disney Smiles".
You can choose to do nothing there but read a good book, or participate in many activities from snorkeling right in front of your cottage, taking a boat to a neighboring island to swim with the sea turtles, hiking, to sailing on the island's Hobie Cats or using their ocean kayaks...
I would really recommend swimming with the turtles.
You might choose to enjoy treatments from the new spa that has just been finished in a Bali theme complete with staff from Bali.
I can't say enough good things about our stay, other than- We will return!

Room Tip: Note- there is not a pool, but I could not figure out how to delete a rating of it from above-Choose cottages 1,2 or 3 for incredible views from up high or one of the other cottages like 10 thru 15 for ocean front. I did not investigate 3 thru 9.....
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
18  Thank carib1
Reviewed August 27, 2011

After a long time looking forward to a visit, we finally went in August 2011. The charm of the island was everything we had expected: beautiful scenery, a wonderful room and good food.

However, we were not told there would be an enormous amount of work going on (renovating lots of rooms and building roads and buildings along the southern part of the island) while we were there. Unfortunately we were looking to escape from the hustle and bustle of big city life and instead it followed us. Maybe they should have shut down the island while all the construction is underway? Also the flag system seems broken? They were sometimes very responsive and sometimes ignored our requests for hours. This is not what they led us to believe.

In addition we were not told of all the various charges for room service and the bar. Our travel agent told us the price included all food and drinks (other than minibar in our room) but it did not. But we loved the view, the privacy and the beautiful ocean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
65  Thank Tom M
Eugen B, Communications Director at Petit St. Vincent Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

The owners of Petit St Vincent wanted to update everyone on the progress of construction on the island. Construction activity will be completed by the time the private island reopens in November to welcome its guests for the 2011-2012 season. The island retains its untouched natural beauty and charming tranquility in a setting that ensures privacy.