We first visited the private Island of Petit Saint Vincent in April 2010; at that time we had never seen such an unspoiled, naturally beautiful island, and we immediately fell in love with the place; the kindness of the staff and the charm of the cottages did the rest. When my husband, our two children and I returned this past Christmas following the refurbishment, however, we had our best holiday ever! It was perfect: the new beach bar and restaurant became the new beating heart of the island, integrates very smoothly into the landscape and provides a delicious menu with grilled lobster, crab backs, excellent Italian-style pizzas, and PSV’s classic cocktails at any hour of the day! Listening to the steel band, savoring a fabulous cocktail while looking at the sunset became a daily routine!
During the day, our children went sailing with the boathouse crew, snorkeled endless hours in search of a rare fish or shell, played tennis, painted watercolors, read, ran around with other guests’ children, participated in a scavenger hunt, and went body-boarding, to name just a few of their activities. They were happy as clams and the island is so safe that it was never a problem to let them do their own thing while we enjoyed our time off. The new spa was a great addition, and I had several excellent massages there! Our days would start with a nice morning walk through the beautiful gardens listening to the birds, which would lead us to the morning breakfast in the main restaurant, where Beckway, Rolland or another friendly, big, smile would welcome us and remember our preferences, the names of our children, and make sure I got my coffee right away! We would then head to the west end of the island where our family has its favorite hide away “private” beach and palapas for a swim, a lot of reading, and maybe a snooze. In the afternoons we would wind surf, go kayaking, play tennis or simply relax on the beach around our cottage. And every night the exceptional view of the stars…no light pollution there, the sky is yours! We had an exceptional day of sailing on the sailboat Beauty, with Captain Jeff taking us to Tobago Cays and where we snorkeled with Manta rays, Eagle spotted rays and marine turtles…it is unforgettable!
The refurbishment of the cottages has been done with taste and returning guests like us will appreciate the difference: a little air-conditioning when needed (but the big great fans are still there), new beds which are very comfortable, and the tap water even tastes excellent. PSV is one of the rare places in the world where you can actually enjoy a quality family time and live for once in the present moment, completely connected to nature and without a watch. We will go back again and again. Thank you to all the staff for contributing to making PSV so special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petit St Vincent is a luxurious private island paradise, tucked away in the Grenadine islands of the West Indies, a tropical barefoot hideaway offering guests the rare chance to unplug from the normal day to day urban technological clutch.Aside from offering opulent comforts, ultimate privacy and an understated yet attentive service, there exists a conspicuous and deliberate absence of connectivity to the outside world: no TV’s, phones or internet in the beach front villas and elevated bluff cottages, encouraging you to unwind, relax and enjoy each other’s company without any unwanted distractions. With 115 acres of natural tropical woodlands and just 22 guest cottages, seclusion is guaranteed. Each beautifully designed guest cottage is decorated in marine shades and tangled driftwood furnishings reflecting the island’s uncluttered vibe. This elegant but unpretentious boutique island resort is surrounded by clear turquoise waters, rich tropical reefs and 2 miles of stunning white-sand beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Petit St. Vincent Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit St. Vincent Hotel Petit St.Vincent
- Petit Hotel St Vincent
- Petit St. Vincent Resort St. Vincent And The Grenadines, Caribbean