I was looking to find total seclusion when I selected PSV for last year's vacation. No phones, no televisions and no cars sounded ideal. It took four plane transfers and a boat to get there, but it was all very much worth it - from the moment we arrived, I knew we made the right decision.
We asked for a cottage on one of the hills, but got a perfect location on the beach instead. It was quite hot in August, but there was almost always a nice breeze. We enjoyed the quiet sounds of the breeze, birds and sea, rose with the sun every morning and watched the stars and moon rise every night. During the day, we read, snorkeled, walked and simply relaxed and enjoyed one another's company.
The coral and rocks at the shore-line was never a bother, as it made for incredible snorkeling, and was beautiful from the shore. There was significant variation in the Atlantic side shoreline even during the ten days we were there, so do not be surprised when the beach does not look exactly like the pictures.
The cottage was simple and beautiful. The staff was polite, and always attentive to the exact degree we wished. We were never interrupted or intruded on, but somehow, there was never anything we wanted that we didn't promptly have access to. One night I joked that I was going to write a request and raise the flag to ask for visit from one of the Richardsons' dogs. The next morning, as I was enjoying my coffee and watching the sunrise, up the beach paths comes one of the yellow labs. It was quite funny, and I was amazed by the dog's telepathic skills!
It has been said before, but bears repeating: do not go to PSV expecting to be entertained by other guests, nightlife or the staff. It is a perfect place to visit with someone you truly enjoy, and only if you enjoy peace and quiet.
We are eagerly anticipating our return visit next month.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petit St Vincent is a luxurious private island paradise, tucked away in the Grenadine islands of the West Indies, a tropical barefoot hideaway offering guests the rare chance to unplug from the normal day to day urban technological clutch.Aside from offering opulent comforts, ultimate privacy and an understated yet attentive service, there exists a conspicuous and deliberate absence of connectivity to the outside world: no TV’s, phones or internet in the beach front villas and elevated bluff cottages, encouraging you to unwind, relax and enjoy each other’s company without any unwanted distractions. With 115 acres of natural tropical woodlands and just 22 guest cottages, seclusion is guaranteed. Each beautifully designed guest cottage is decorated in marine shades and tangled driftwood furnishings reflecting the island’s uncluttered vibe. This elegant but unpretentious boutique island resort is surrounded by clear turquoise waters, rich tropical reefs and 2 miles of stunning white-sand beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Petit St. Vincent Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit St. Vincent Hotel Petit St.Vincent
- Petit Hotel St Vincent
- Petit St. Vincent Resort St. Vincent And The Grenadines, Caribbean