“Great Little Sushi Spot!”

Sushi Wave Authentic Japanese
Price range: US$2 - US$19
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: To create a little slice of Japan on the Sunshine Coast - a welcoming hub where locals and visitors return for consistently fresh flavours, authentic taste and simply great quality Japanese.Whether eating in with friends or family, lingering with a special person and a bottle of wine or grabbing a quick bite on the run, we hope you enjoy a unique and refreshing Sushi Wave experience!
Reviewed February 5, 2018

We finally tried Sushi Wave after walking by it many times and wondering if it was any good. We were pleased with the friendly staff and quaint atmosphere. The sushi we ordered was fresh and well presented so pretty good for such a small restaurant. My only complaint is that it didn't have some of my favourite sushi foods such as ikura (large slamon roe), toro (sushi belly) and BBQ eel. These I can amost always find at other sushi restaurants, however, this will not keep me from coming back.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Called in here today for a quick feed and was mostly happy with what I ordered. I had the "wave pack" and a freshly made raw salmon and avocado roll which was great. The only thing I could pick on was that the rice in the sushi rolls in my premade pack was a bit dry which resulted in them falling apart due to sticking to the base of the pack when I tried to get it out. Other than that the service was great and I'll be back again next time I'm in peregian.

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

A great little Japanese cafe , tucked away in the shade at the back of the cluster of eateries 100 m from the beach . The large sashimi platter was great for a summers lunch- fresh beautiful tuna and salmon with pickled ginger , seaweed salad and grated carrot . It was delicious and healthy

Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

Excellent sushi, gyoza, sashimi. Authentic Japanese fare with a fresh and friendly vibe. We ate here 3 times while on holiday recently and it’s easy to see why it’s a local favourite. They have perfected sugar free sushi rice too - best sushi ever! I wish sushi wave was in my home town. Def worth a visit. Enjoy!

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

This great Japanese restaurant is only open at night one night a week - Fridays, with lunch everyday. We were keen to try it and were very impressed. The edamame and tofu for entrees were very nice and my pork ramen noodles was more than I could manage to eat but wonderful flavours. It is BYO and the rise we brought went well with the meal. Great food.