Hotel Ryozen(Higashiyama)
US$149
US$104
    Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Tamahan(Higashiyama)
    US$326
    US$259
    • Breakfast included
    Gojo Guest House Annex(Higashiyama)(Great Value!)
    US$42
    Hotel Sunline Kyoto Gion Shijo(Higashiyama)(Great Value!)
    US$108
    US$64
    Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Gion Yoshi-ima(Higashiyama)
    US$289
    • Breakfast included
    Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$324/night.

Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto(Higashiyama)(Great Value!)
    US$18
    US$17
    Amenity Hotel Kyoto(Higashiyama)
    US$45
    US$43
    • Restaurant
    Guest House Yamato(Higashiyama)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    Orbitz.com
    • Free Internet
    Ryugin(Higashiyama)
    US$629
    US$557
    2,655 results
    All reviewssanjusangendo templenational museumcomplimentary taxijapanese restaurantmk taxibeautiful hoteltrain stationconcierge desktouzan barthe general managera short taxi rideken yokoyamawet roomtrattoria settezen gardendeluxe roomguest rooms
    Reviewed July 6, 2011

I'm a travel agent and over the years I have stayed in many 5 star hotels. I don't like the mediocre.
    With me it's like this: either 5 star hotels or camping.

Hyatt Regency in Kyoto, have surpassed all of my expectations.
    It features a simple elegance without being pompous and over bearing.

From the moment that you step into their lobby, the hotel staff makes you very welcome and makes you feel like a family.

Ken (the general manager) and his staff makes your stay excellent!

The hotel is in a low rise building, which is a very rare find, in Japan.
    It's smaller size does allow the staff to get to know you and makes every detail of your stay very enjoyable.

The room design has a very simple lines and goes with the Japanese tradition and feel of relaxation.
    Everything is spotlessly clean and in great working order.

I have seen there an attention to details, that I have never seen in any other hotels.
    For example: there is an electrical outlet in the in room's safe, so one does not need to worry,if one needs to charge an expensive phone or an ipod, as they all will fit in the safe.
    The safe was even large enough to store my Burberry purse (not like I would not trust to leave these things out in the open in the room,at this hotel).
    The bathroom features a traditional Japanese shower (with a wooden bench to sit on) and an great deep bath, that I have enjoyed soaking my tired (from all day touring) body in.
    The food at this hotel is excellent and I can only compare the quality, choice and the presentation to my local Relais & Chateau - Langdon Hall (#2 restaurant in Canada and
    # 77 in the world).
    The waiting staff is amazing and they would grant your every wish, with a smile. Especially great was our waiter form Nepal Mr. Lama.

Some may say, that the hotel is a little bit far from the Kyoto city center, it wasn't far at all and one afternoon I have enjoyed so much a lively walk by a river all the way from the old bridge, in the old Kyoto. If someone doesn't like to walk, there is a subway station, just 7 minutes walk away and all it takes is 3 subway stations to get near the Hyatt.
    I would encourage everyone to walk, as you can see some beautiful sites along the river and many birds, including several cranes.
    On this trip, we have stayed at 4 other hotels and although all were fine, only the Hyatt Kyoto left me with live lasting memories.

Domo Arigato Ken and everyone working at this magical place.
    Thanks for all of your hard work!

I can not wait to stay with you guys, again.

Greetings from Waterloo, Canada :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
    1  Thank AnitAinTravel
    Reviewed June 17, 2011

I signed up for Hyatt loyalty points years ago so dusted it off when I came to Japan and stayed in a couple. This one was actually very reasonably priced for what it is (though breakfast was extra- and expensive- in the deal we went for). Like everywhere in Japan the service was excellent (though the Hyatts do this particularly well, the Sheraton we stayed at in Osaka was a lot less good). Nice gym, free to use but you did have to pay extra for internet (LAN rather than wireless). I think it may have been low-ish season as we got a few vouchers like a free glass of champagne and restaurant discounts (though we didn't use the restaurants as there's cheaper stuff in town).

It's easy walking distance to many of the temples and shrines but a bit more of a trek into the lively nightlife area but there is a bus stop and taxi rank by the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Regency Hyatt in Kyoto is certainly not a "low budget" location, altough they have some very good offers from time to time. The rooms are fatastic and the breakfast is excellent. Just step out of the hotel and you can visit Kyoto's museum and the "Sanjusanmaido" temple.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
    Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in Kyoto for over a week and stayed at 2 hotels. The first hotel was in an excellent location, recommended by a tour company, literally a crosswalk away from the train station. From my hotel window, I could see the bullet trains coming in out out of the station. That is the extent of what I can say about this hotel; it completely underwhelmed me. The balance of our stay was at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto. My, this was an absolutely beautiful and stunningly classy hotel. It was beautiful and the service was flawless. Check in was accurate and took a total of 5 minutes. Our bags were wisked up to our room and the rooms were beautiful. The bathrooms were amazing too. The location is good for seeing the sites directly around the hotel but it was much more difficult to connect to anywhere else you may want to go. Wifi was available in the lobby but not in the room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed June 13, 2011

just returning fronm a three-night stay at hyatt regency kyoto. it:s a delightful hotel, a short taxi ride from the main station. the japanese garden is a particular treat. rooms are tastefully decorated in unostentatious style and the service is very good. the general manager, ken yokoyama, is exceptional. he organised a day trip around kyoto, that managed to fit in perfectly to a very busy schedule, and also provided expert recommendations on food and similar. first class. my only recommendation is for wi-fi in all rooms.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the japanese garden
    • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business