US$163
Tamahan(Higashiyama)
US$326
US$259
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sunline Kyoto Gion Shijo(Higashiyama)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$63
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Gion Yoshi-ima(Higashiyama)
US$149
US$92
Priceline
    Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Ryugin(Higashiyama)
    US$557
    Kamuroan(Higashiyama)
    TripAdvisor
    TripAdvisor
    • Restaurant
    2,655 results
    All reviewssanjusangendo templenational museumcomplimentary taxijapanese restaurantmk taxibeautiful hoteltrain stationconcierge desktouzan barthe general managera short taxi rideken yokoyamawet roomtrattoria settezen gardendeluxe roomguest rooms
    Reviewed March 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Kyoto for 2 nights during our belated honeymoon in March 2007. We loved this hotel.
    The Hyatt Kyoto is new and gorgeous. The best thing about the hotel is that it doesn't feel like every other 5-star hotel in any major international city. The hotel includes uniquely Japanese touches. For example, the rooms are decorated with kimono fabrics. The beautiful bathroom is Japanese style, with a deep bathtub, separate shower, and a stool so one can sit and scrub down before soaking in the tub. The high-tech toilet comes with a heated seat. There was bamboo planted outside the windows. And there is a pretty garden with a cherry blossom tree outside the hotel.
    The Hyatt is in a great location close to Gion and major sights. We used taxis to get around, and the cost was pretty reasonable. The hotel is located across the street from the national museum and next to a beautiful temple with 1,001 statutes of Buddhas.
    We splurged on the breakfast buffet one morning and it was really good. There was yummy fruit (not cheap in Japan!), pastries, yogurt, cereal, eggs, mini-pancakes, mini-waffles, potatoes, salad, a whole ham, quiche, tomatoes, smoked salmon, cheeses, juices, etc.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank lujain
    Reviewed March 8, 2007

I can really recommend this new Hyatt if you want to go western style in Kyoto.
    We were for 10 days in Kyoto and Mount Koya. The first 6 nights we slept Japanese style. It was very nice to have the last days in a western style hotel (bed instead of sleeping on the floor, croissants instead of tofu and seeweed for breakfast!).
    The service in this hotel was excellent. The rooms nice. And the location across the main museum was good. It seemed that all the staff spoke English.
    And don´t miss the hotel shop. They have great beautiful gifts to bring back home!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed March 8, 2007

We initially booked just one night in Kyoto, but after checking in to the Hyatt, decided to come back after our visit to Osaka - as we spent the entire day in this wonderful hotel.

The staff were charming (although, they didn't let me practice my Japanese!) and the rooms were simple and luxurious. We were a big fan of the large shower "room" and the beautiful view over the garden.

The hotel was suprisingly affordable, as we had paid an equatable amount at other Japanese hotels which were no where as large and beautifully appointed at the Hyatt. On our second stay we chose the Set Dinner and Stay package, where we endulged in a set dinner in Touzan, the Japanese restaurant. I would recommend this highly.

When I get the chance to visit again, I will definately stay at the HR Kyoto.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed March 6, 2007

I had a nice 2 night experience at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto. I would recommend this hotel. The service was outstanding and the room comfortable and light. The bed was very comfortable. I did feel the rate for Saturday night was a little too high.

Because of the amazing temple, next door, this is a wonderful place to stay. The temple is phenominal. You must go!!

Seriously, both my friend and I both thought our room was haunted. No, I am not kidding. He swears he saw a vision in the bathroom when I was in the spa. I swear I heard something in the room, when I opened the door, coming back, one evening.

Speaking of the spa, amazing! I had an acupuncture/massage treatment that was very nice. Who knew that Sake also has a warming effect when poured in the small tub to soak your feet?

On the downside, we had breakfast in the lobby restaurant. The waffles were fine but why the staff (it seemed like 50 wait staff) needed to be on staff, is beyond me. More annoyingly, some of them had those headsets on that made them look like they were at a Janet Jackson concert. It is not necessary to have 5 different waiters assist with you breakfast order.

I liked the hotel overall and would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    Reviewed March 5, 2007

We chose this hotel after having read the reviews on this site. Thinking it would be pricey, especially a Hyatt in Japan, we were amazed to see on the hotel's website a king bedded room for approx. 90 sterling, less during midweek, in February. Very reasonable for this standard of hotel. The pictures on the hotel website give a good idea of this hotel's minimalist and Zen style. It is really every bit as beautiful as it looks. The room (standard) was stylish and pristine. Gorgeous silks over the bed in lieu of headboard were a stylish touch. Generous wardrobes, ample bath area with separate toilet, sink area and wetroom with fab shower and black floortiles and bath. Staff were efficient and friendly. Lobby and public areas very chic and spotless. Nice art touches. We ate in the Grill a few times and the food was superb and fresh. It overlooks a lovely little Zen garden. Also a very nice Italian restaurant on 1st floor which is a cafe during the day serving excellent French pastries and there is an in house pattiserie too. Frequented by lots of local ladies that lunch! Overall a great location too we found, opposite Kyoto Museum and a major temple right next door(Sanjusangendo). Bus stop outside, but we found taxis pretty reasonable. We will return, Kyoto has so much to see. We were in Gion at 5.30pm on a Friday evening and saw many Geisha.
    TH & KGH, Jersey, C.I.