All reviews breakfast buffet subway station stayed for nights japanese standards non smoking limited english taxi ride bathroom amenities hotel is located chinese restaurant yamashita park cruise terminal narita airport mini bar minato mirai line hotel is great good size
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the second time, I'm pleased to say the standard hasn't slipped. The rooms are much bigger than the usual city centre rooms in Japan and the hotel facilities are excellent. The location of the hotel is great, just 2 minutes walk from Moto-machi station on the minato mirai line, and just inside the gateway to Chinatown.

One block away is Yamashita park, easy walking distance of the tourist places between Yamashita park and sakuragi Cho.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 825petee
Reviewed March 29, 2018

We picked the hotel based on location because we were sailing from the cruise terminal in a few days and they offered a breakfast buffet. But we would go back because of the ambiance and service. Lovely people who were happy to help us communicate and find what we needed. The room was clean and perfect with a small refrigerator. The bathroom had a nice big bath tub and a profusion of products: tooth brushes, toothpaste, hairbrushes, etc. The location is also just steps away from a train station and Chinatown. We ate in one of the restaurants for dinner and it was adequate.

Room tip: Lobby was lively so I would suggest a higher floor. we were von 8 and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2018

I rarely have much to do with the staff at reception once I have signed in but on my first night here, i had to get their help on 3 occasions and each time they were extremely courteous and helpful. First time they brought up a fan as room was on central heating and I was too hot. Second time I could not open the combination lock on my suitcase so had to get bolt cutters to get it open. Third time I needed on extension cord to plug in my CPAP machine as I had difficulty reaching the power outlet. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them and each request was handled in a matter of minutes.
We sampled some of the nearby Chinese restaurants but had to remind ourselves that we were in Japan and not China.
Rooms are a good size and also non-smoking [not always the case in Japan].
The AKAI KUTSU tourist bus stops outside the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennyA2828
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Friendly staff, clean rooms (albeit a bit dated), and an amazing location if you are here for Chinatown. The airport shuttle to HND right in front of the hotel is a nice perk as it gets you there direct to the terminal for 720yen (the drop off from the airport is in front of New Grand Hotel).

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We were on a Japan round island cruise and had a three night pre-cruise stay at this hotel. This hotel is only 1Km to the Osanbashi Cruise Terminal and its location is convenient for people catching a cruise from Yokohama. A taxi ride will take less than 10 minutes and cost about $8. It takes about 25 minutes to walk from hotel to the terminal.
The room is rather spacious for a Japanese hotel and and very clean with comfortable bed.Staff are very helpful and extremely polite and also able to communicate well in English.
The subway station is just a 10 minute walk away and 5 stations to the Yokohama Station where Takashiyama department store is and u can also find a large underground shopping in this area. You can also take an express train from the same station to Tokyo Central in half an hour.
This hotel is next to Chinatown as well and itself is a very interesting place to explore with plenty of restaurants and shopping.I never have breakfast at the hotel and cross over there to have breakfast which is cheap and have much more variety to choose from.Do take note the shops open after 10 am and last till 11 pm.
The harbour front which is half an hour walk away has many attractions and can easily occupy you the entire day. One of the interesting place to visit is the Red Brick Warehouse. The Cruise Terminal is one of the most beautiful terminals i ever visited.If you visit in the evening the view of the city skyline with all the lights on is even more enchanting.
The staff does provide an excellent service and with its good location, Rose Hotel certainly make a great stay.

Date of stay: September 2017