Free cancellation until 03/08
Castle Plaza(Nakamura)
US$127
US$66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

US$107
US$68
US$82
US$75
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$173
US$78
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$277
US$251
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2015

We chose Tokoyo Inn (Nagoya-eki Sakuradori-guchi Honkan) because of its convenient location, 10 mins walk from Nagoya station. The inn is located on “izakaya” street.

We booked a twin bed room w/ the bathroom in the middle for 2 nights (24-26 Jun 2015). The room design is special as it is my first time to have such room under Toyoko Inn Group. The room has 2 individual air-conditioners, TVs, tables, beds, lamps, etc.

When I stepped in, I smelt a disgusting smell in the lobby, like the bad smell after having sports. During my stay, the lobby was keeping this disgusting smell.

For receptionists, they are helpful but 1 of them showed her poker-face to guests.

For breakfast, I was a bit disappointed because of very few choices (2 kind of breads + 3 kinds of rice ball + miso soup).

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank idasweetdream
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. It is located about 5 minutes walk from the JR Nagoya Station. There are a number of ways getting to the station both above and below ground.
Given the difficult securing any accommodation in Nagoya at the time we had to settle for a smoking room, something we do in only the most dire of circumstances. I have to say that in the room my super sensitive nose detected no odour whatsoever. In the hallway it was noticable, sometimes more so than others, even though exhaust fans were operating all the time, but within the rooms, absolutely nil.
The room we had was a business twin which was two rooms with the bathroom module between the two. Bathroom modules in Japan seem to come in two sizes, small which is OK and smaller which is just a tad too small but nevertheless just OK. The module we had here was the second of the two.
Beds in Japan are normally of generous size and firm, very much akin to the tatami floor which I find particularly comfortable. The beds in our room were wonderful, my only complaint was that they were too wide for the rooms hence limiting the space between the bed and the desk. Had they been 200mm narrower they would still have been wide but access would have been easier.
Like all Toyoko Inns the level of cleanliness is of the highest order.
Trouser presses are available.
Breakfast which is included was the normal Japanese fare ie rice, miso, usually 4 or 5 vegetable dished, coffee and cake etc. All of very good quality. The breakfast area is actually in the lobby of the hotel where tables and chairs are located. Sharing a table is OK.
Whilst little English is spoken, check in and out takes virtually seconds and all staff we encountered could not have been nicer.
Computers are available on the ground floor, free WIFI or you can hire a laptop for Y1000 per night.
Restaurants/Cafes abound both in the railway stations, in the streets around the hotel and in the underground arcades which are as close as the end of the street and lead to the railway/subway stations and bus depot.
I can give no greater recommendation than the fact I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Toyoko Inn chain seems to be everywhere in Japan -- there's at least four locations in Nagoya alone. This one is clean and affordable, with very small and basic rooms (no closet or drawers, tiny bathroom, extra-firm mattress), and located really close to the Nagoya train station. Not the prettiest thing; think motel style with harsh neon lights in hallways and slightly smelly elevators. A simple Japanese breakfast is included -- fish broth, rice cakes, seaweed or noodle salad, milk and coffee. Overall, not bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lizu
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I had no choice in picking this hotel. My flight was cancelled and there were no other flights connecting to my next destination. After a frustrating hours of uncertainty, I was given a form to take to check in at this hotel. They copied my passport and gave me a key to the room. There were a couple of hundred of people stranded too, so getting up to my room via elevator with my two suitcases and carry-on was a bit frustrating because the two elevators could only accommodate 2 persons and two suitcases. To make story short finally got to my room. The room is dark and could not turn on the lights, but finally figured it out by inserting the key slanted into the wall with IN written on it.
The room was clean and small, I was just happy to be able to rest. There is a tv, a tiny safe, pair of sandals, and sleeping garment. The bathroom is small and a bidet toilet. A step up into the bathroom and a step down from the bathroom (be careful). Due to flight uncertainty I was unable to sleep even though the bed was comfortable. The shower was a bit funky to maneuver but figured it out. Breakfast buffet were served with noodles, croissants, soup and others. Coffee was excellent and much welcomed. There were too many people and luggages in the dining room/lobby area. About the price, the airlines picked up the tab so am not sure what the room price. One thing I learned though, I will not choose Nagoya as a connecting flight to anywhere. But, I enjoyed the hotel under an unusual circumstance. They kept the copy of my passport, I was unhappy about that.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This Toyoko Inn is a few minutes walk from Nagoya Station and provides clean and comfortable accommodation for a very reasonable price. Our double room and the attached bathroom were larger than we expected in a business hotel and we appreciated the free wifi. Reception staff were efficient and helpful. The free self-serve breakfast in the lobby provides mainly Japanese options (soup, rice balls, eggs, vegetable dishes) and is tasty and plentiful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple