1,870 results
All reviewsdressing roomlobby restaurantwalk in closetimperial palacerolls roycedeluxe roommood lightingespresso machinetwo sinkschinese restauranttop floorliving areadressing areahibiya parkhigh techwalking distancepark view
Reviewed October 18, 2017

My husband, baby, and I spent four nights in the Deluxe Suite of the Peninsula Hotel recently. It was a great first experience for us and we had a great view of Hibiya Park and the Imperial Palace. Unfortunately, the bathroom window faced an office building so we never opened it, but it was just something that could not be helped. Prior to arriving at the hotel, I was in contact with the concierge service about itinerary suggestions and they really came through with some great activity recommendations. They even helped us make reservations for a meal at the Kabuki-za.

I was very worried about traveling with a baby but the staff at the Peninsula made my stay very easy and enjoyable. They provided great baby amenities (including a baby cot, bath tub, high chair, bib, and baby toiletries) and were very helpful in procuring a babysitter that sat for a few hours while we went to see a Kabuki performance. The housekeeping and room service team is amazing and made sure to leave a beautifully made up room everyday (sometimes twice a day). We couldn't eat at the Kyoto Tsuruya because children under 12 are not allowed but I did order one of their lunch boxes to the room. I highly recommend it!

Unfortunately, the mini Cooper was never available when we needed it but taxis are always at the front door. The staff at the door and the concierge is very helpful in figuring out directions and I was provided with a detailed map and information on restaurants and other activities that we would do while at the Peninsula.

Like others have mentioned, the lobby is a bit crowded and can be a little loud but did not bother me at all. The valet box was a great amenity and we used it often with laundry and receiving the newspaper. The Peninsula even helped me with sanitizing our baby bottles.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the gardens
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded October 19, 2017

Dear Melissa W

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us. It is our pleasure to be part of your Tokyo experience and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will be sure to share this feedback with our team internally.

We will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future!

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I've always associated Peninsula for dated obnoxious. I was so wrong.

The Peninsula service is impeccable the moment you stepped in. The front desk staff will personally escort you to your room upon check in. And nothing is too much trouble for the concierge. When we asked for direction to the Hibiya station (which is located just at the basement of the hotel), the staff personally walked us to the station and even showed us how to buy our train ticket. Now that's service !
We wanted to print our tickets at the business Centre and instead, the staff suggested we forward via email to her for printing and she even helped us checked in! Wow

Peninsula Tokyo is luxurious by Japanese standard. The room is equipped w spacious dressing room, separate lounge area, and a dainty dining table that gave an amazing view of the tokyo.

Local restaurants, cafes and convenient stores surround the hotel and gives your ultimate flexibility when you're hungry or craved for a midnight snack

In fact, you have all shopping needs fulfilled as the hotel is located amongst top brand stores, malls.

My only gripe - dislike the sofa in the room that sink the moment you sit and sofa cushions smelled of dried perspiration.

Otherwise, it's with a heavy heart that we check out of Peninsula. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank IamPatPat
Management response:Responded October 11, 2017

Dear IamPatPat

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us from your recent stay at The Peninsula Tokyo. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future!

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Incredible service that the Peninsula is known for in the heart of Tokyo. The rooms and amenities are very impressive as well as thoughtful. Loved booking through Fine Hotels & Resorts program. The standard for a traditional luxury hotel!

Cons:
-Restaurant when you walk into the lobby is quite strange and makes the whole space less impressive than it is
- technology is a bit dated in the rooms and should come into the digital age
-rooftop bar has a stunning view and a great happy hour, but it is quite dated and looks straight form the 1990s, was very smoky as well
-overall very stuffy feeling, so don't stayif you like more modern relaxed luxury

Room Tip: top floors
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ccpp2016
Management response:Responded October 9, 2017

Dear ccpp2016

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us. We are grateful to read that you enjoyed the location and services of our hotel. We very much appreciate your comments, as they help us to improve our services and facilities. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Impeccable service from greetings to housekeeping and getting u a taxi.
The hotel is very thoughtfully designed to impress and please the senses and satisfy all human comfort.
Staff speak fluent English and are always ready to go the extra mile.
Would definitely want to come back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded October 5, 2017

Dear GraceN17

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us from your recent stay at The Peninsula Tokyo. Needless to say, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and we very much appreciate your kind words and compliments.

We will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future!

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My visit to Tokyo started with the Rolls Royce experience. Driving from Narita airport to the hotel in luxury, and getting checked in from my room. The suite was amazing. Dressing room, bathroom, lounge and bedroom. Exceptional service in all respects. I used the laundry service to get my shoes shined. It got collected in 2min, and returned about an hour later.

Breakfast in the lobby was also great. Try the Peter bar on the top floor for great views.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded October 3, 2017

Dear SATraveller25

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us. It is our pleasure to be part of your Tokyo experience and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!