All reviews fish market family mart great location tokyo station twin room haneda airport transport links department store short walk ramen restaurant excellent hotel within walking distance major shopping hotel is situated air purifier high end restaurant reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2018

The room was very well appointed with (unusual for this price range) a separate and comfortable sitting area where you can also enjoy a takeaway meal, which incidentally had a safe hidden beneath the sofa.

The location is good with shops all around, including a department store. The hotel provides a free smart phone which was very handy for directions. They called a taxi for me to take me to Tokyo station (where I was to catch the Shinkansen to Kyoto) whilst I relaxed in the lobby until it arrived, and carrying my luggage for me when it did which was good service.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EquanimityOne
Reviewed May 21, 2018

We stay here regularly because of the location near shops, restaurants and convenience stores. It's a 3 minute walk to the major shopping streets in the posh Ginza neighborhood (Matsuya department store, Chanel, Fendi, etc.). There are 2 Starbucks branches within 3 minutes walk.

While it is possible to take a direct subway from Haneda airport to the hotel (the nearest subway stop "Higashi Ginza" is one minute away and you don't have to change trains), this 30 minute option requires you to carry your luggage up the subway staircase (exit A8). We opted instead for a 25 minute taxi ride at a cost of JPY 7,800.

I agree with a previous reviewer about the service being barely average from the Japanese staff. It seemed that they were unwilling to help us because of the language barrier, though they were unfailingly polite at all times. There was only one receptionist who spoke passable English and helped us with restaurant reservations upon arrival. (our request to reserve restaurants prior to arrival, via email, was denied)

The rooms are definitely compact if you are used to US-sized hotel rooms. Our floor space in our twin room was barely big enough to open my luggage. However, they were neat and tidy, with all the amenities you could think of (hair cuticle oil, face wash and a decent hair conditioner).

If you are an independent traveler like me and don't require much assistance from the front desk, then this is central hotel would probably suit you as a practical base.

For a holiday treat, I would look at the 4* Millennium Mitsui hotel, which is a short stroll away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ibaxxie
Reviewed May 19, 2018

I was pleased with this boutique hotel in terms of location in central Ginza, easy walk to the fish market. It was quite pleasure to be able to walk out of the hotel in be so centrally located-in the midst of busy Ginza, yet the street on the hotel was on was quiet and low key.

The rooms were compact more so than the pictures, Suitcases had to be stacked to walk around and it was tight with two people. The bathroom was clean, well proportioned and I loved having a separate shower/bath area.

The service- the front desk staff always was respectful and tried hard to help, however at times they were unable to help us with what we needed- One example, a friend got sick while there and the front desk staff could not locate an English speaking doctor in the area, or anywhere in Tokyo, or followed up to see if we were ok- I would expect a hotel of that size to at least have a few names to refer to. We unfortunately had to leave early because of this illness and didn't get any credit on multiple nights. I have been in situations where I've had to leave early and have had more understanding on the part of the hotel staff.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Suzq23
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

We were part of a family group of 7 adults and one baby occupying 4 rooms. Me and wife's specific room was the double room, which was exceedingly small though clean.

The only complaint was the unhelpful though polite front desk staffs. Not really having much initiative and not service oriented. Manager was also unhelpful.

Recommend to choose larger rooms and upgrade staff training.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jullian G
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Early check-in is chargeable if you arrive before 3pm regardless of room being ready or not so just left our bags behind reception
Thereafter we found the hotel comfortable and well located and staff helpful . There’s a Taxi rank right outside and so is a highly rated Ramen restaurant (cheap eats not gourmet! )
Would recommend