“Beyond Friendly Service + Delicious Steak!”

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511
Ranked #1 of 490 Restaurants in Akasaka
Price range: US$49 - US$204
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: Winter Vacation : 12/29(Mon)~1/4(Sun) Sunday and National holiday are closed.
Reviewed March 27, 2018

For our last meal in Japan, we knew we needed Kobe beef. We had already tried a few teppanyaki places and wanted something different. Our hotel was able to make us a reservation at Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511 a few days in advance and we are so happy they did! Upon arriving, we were kindly greeted by a friendly host who welcomed us. The interior of the restaurant is nothing special and it is mostly all tourists dining here but the amazing beef and service more than made up for it.

We ordered everything a la carte and were very happy with our choices. We started with the Kobe beef appetizer and Kobe beef sushi. All I can say is WOW. Both were incredible and had fantastic flavors. For our main, we split a chateaubriand and a sirloin. I still can't decide which one I liked better! Both were beyond delicious, melt in your mouth.

What really made the experience stand out, was the service. Our waiter provided us great information throughout the meal and was beyond kind and fun to talk to. And the cherry on top was that upon walking out, we were gifted a box of Kobe beef ramen! What a great surprise at the end of a fantastic meal.

Highly highly recommend Kobe Beef Kaiseki if you're looking for an amazing Kobe beef meal!

Reviewed March 22, 2018

One year on and we are back in Japan for it's winter season, back to the Kobe restaurant we had such fond memory of, salivating as we recalled the tenderness of the Kobe beef. So again, we went there for both lunch and dinner, wanting to get the most out of our visit - and it truly doesn't disappoint.

The staff, amazingly, remembered us from a year back and gave us such warm greetings it felt like coming home. The food is as delicious as I remembered. The lunch set was really value for money at 2800 Yen, really good! Dinner set, as before, was more sophisticated. We upgraded to the Chateaubriand cut and the Kobe beef simply melts in the mouth. Pricey it may be, but oh so worth it.

As usual, we were gifted a souvenir of ramen with beef stock upon our departure - and having tried that the last time, I'd say it's a really good souvenir to remember the restaurant by when we are back home, craving for that rich beef taste. The beef stock is really rich in flavour and the ramen portion is generous.

Looking forward to visiting the restaurant again in 2019!!

Reviewed March 10, 2018

The staff are wonderful and explained the history and types of Kobe beef well. The menu was delicious and we upgraded one of our steaks to better type and larger size. It was a meal neither of us will forget for a long time. Sake was very good also. We are both big steak fans and this meal lived up to and exceeded our expectations.

The box of Kobe beef noodles and bouillon to take home were a lovely touch.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

One of my worst meals in Japan. Our Japanese business host took us to this restaurant for lunch. We were brought to a private room and were served the hamburger and a set meal with grilled beef. The latter was almost inedible, dry and without much flavor. I had to force myself to finish it to avoid upsetting the host. After the meal, the boss's assistant whispered to me that even the boss, a regular of the place, was disappointed by the quality of the dishes that day. I'd take my word for it, as I'd been treated to expensive meals countless times on my frequent business trips and their restaurant choices had been impeccable. Must have been an off day for this restaurant. Will probably visit it on my own for dinner to give it a second chance.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank richprimero
Reviewed March 5, 2018

You can find the best grade and quality of Kobe beef A5.12 here. We had the Japanese fusion menu, it was delicious and the staffs were very friendly. On top of that, we were also given a Kobe Ramen as a souvenir.

Date of visit: January 2018